Angelo John Gage

Free PDF for Fellow INTPs

17 posts in this topic

I saw an old tread that popped up recently about 16 personalities. com and I decided to take the test. I usually get INTJ but this time I did it honestly as  how I am now, and not how I think I should be or want to be. I took the test twice and got INTP twice just to make sure.

I was laughing as I read the results as they were so accurate. I saw they offered an extend profile for $32. But before I bought that, I sent it to results to my wife to confirm their accuracy and she said it was 100%. 

So then I figured why not purchase the extended profile? I read it the other day; it's about 168 pages and I figured why not share with my fellow INTPs?

Attached below is the extended profile for INTPs 

It's pretty interesting and accurate to the point you will laugh, like "Ha that is totally me."

Enjoy. 

(Link removed by moderator- sharing copyrighted material is against forum guidelines)

Edited by Anna1
Removing link to copyrighted pdf material

Very nice!  Thank you.  I'll post this here too -- the results of my own research:

INTP -- "The Thinker and Seeker" -- They want to rationally understand the world so they can synthesize and create from that.  Their strengths are they are very imaginative and laid-back people.  But on the other hand, they can be overtly-critical and cold sometimes.

THE FOUR COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS OF INTPs:

Dominant: (The strongest trait)

Ti (Introverted Thinking): Has a particular way of thinking that is internally determined and likes to base their thinking on standards that they have set internally.

Auxiliary: (The second strongest trait)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition): Interfaces with different things in the outer world that cause intuitions to come up in them.  They end up with a lot of mental material that they just know or have a sense for. 

Tertiary: (The second weakest trait)

Si (Introverted Sensing): Has a good memory of facts and things that happened in the environment.  Likes to look at memories of past observable events.

Inferior: (The weakest trait)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) -- Shows feelings and emotions to others.  Looks for ways to create social cohesion in the group.

SOME TRAITS OF INTPs:

1. INTPs display an insatiable appetite for ideation and theorizing.
  2. Many INTPs take an interest in writing, which provides an excellent forum for expressing themselves more fully and precisely.
  3. INTPs can struggle to find satisfying jobs within the system and are often happier functioning as freelancers or entrepreneurs.
  4. INTPs use Ti (Introverted Thinking) to bring structure and order to their inner world, granting them a strong sense of inner control.
  5. INTPs are constantly digging into the background of their own thoughts in order to better understand their origins and to ensure their thinking is founded on solid reasoning.
  6. The career of Technical Writing can work with INTPs.

MORE TRAITS OF INTPs:

1. The running theme for INTPs is their desire for solitude, need for intellectual stimulation, and the satisfaction of the final piece of a puzzle clicking into place.
  2. One of the reasons the INTP is a loner and lives a minimalist life is because they desire to reserve as much time as possible for thinking and reflecting.
  3. INTPs believe that the truth is the most important factor, and they expect that to be appreciated and reciprocated.
  4. People with the INTP personality take pride in their knowledge and rationale and enjoy sharing their ideas.
  5. It's as if people with the INTP personality are a conduit for the truths around them, so far as they can be expressed, and they are proud of this role as theoretical mediator.
  6. INTPs loathe rules and guidelines because of their value for autonomy and unconventional creativity.
  7. INTPs are shy and withdrawn individuals, and getting out and meeting new people, risking rejection and making themselves the center of attention in emotionally delicate situations are far from being their strengths.
  8. INTPs are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle.
  9. INTPs need to remember that other people have their own independent wants and needs.
  10. INTPs can meet people halfway by communicating on an emotional level.  
  11. For all their analysis and attempts at mutual understanding, INTPs are notoriously bad at picking up on other people's emotional needs.
  12. The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure.  INTPs are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle -- that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never really applied.  Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face.
  13. The preference for intuitive perception means that INTPs dislike having their lives planned.  They feel a distinct unease before most fixed appointments and cannot fully relax until the scheduled event is over, or at least in progress.  
  14. INTPs detest facades and particularly dislike people who exhibit them.  Equally, those kinds of people also dislike INTPs and avoid them at all costs, for they know that the INTP will see right through them.  
  15. Because of Ti, many INTPs believe that knowledge is everything and a large gap may exist between knowing and doing for them.  To know is everything, to do is a lower order necessity.  This breeds the potential for laziness and aloofness.  
  16. If an INTP is pushed into doing something, they will automatically resist.  The reason for this resistance is that any action must first be filtered by Ti, guided by Ne.  The INTP must be given a chance to reach an independent decision, approving or rejecting the action.  The best way to get an INTP to do something is to suggest the idea as an option and let them sleep on it.  Ultimately the INTP must always believe that it is their decision.  Once they are satisfied that the decision was independently reached, they are content.  
  17. INTPs put great weight on beling individuals and essentially different from other people, who they view as being too alike and too interdependent.  
  18. INTPs often become bored with anything they have successfully analyzed to the point of understanding it.  Once understood, it has nothing left to offer, once the satisfaction which comes with achieving the goal of understanding diminishes.
  19. Because Fe is INTP's inferior function, they can swing dramatically from friendliness (Fe) and aloofness (Ti).
  20. Ne is the trait that INTPs like to share with others.    
  21. INTPs can be emotionally expressive, but are often emotionally immature and disconnected from their feelings.
  22. INTPs rarely get angry, but when they do, it can be a powder keg of an explosion.  
  23. INTPs can quickly locate the logical inconsistencies in a belief system or argument.  They're always noticing when information doesn't add up.  They can easily poke holes in others' arguments or beliefs.  When an INTP expresses what they see, others may think they're criticizing them, but to the INTP it's not personal because they're simply trying to get at the truth.  The INTP wants accurate information, so they figure others do too.  
  24. INTPs are highly individualized and independent, and would rather go their own way than go with the crowd.  They relish breaking apart conventional ideas that others take for granted.  They don't understand how anyone can hold onto theories or ideology that have been proven illogical.  
  25. INTPs don't care for small talk or discussing the everyday matters of people's lives.  Gossip doesn't interest them.  INTPs struggle to connect with others because they have no desire to play social games.
  26. For INTPs, the Ti tends to assume the role of the controller and organizer of their life, while Ne behaves like a free-spirit, almost childlike in its enthusiasm.  The INTP tends to experience these two forces as an almost continuous tug-of-war, with neither side quite gaining the upper-hand.  If they have been free-spiriting for any length of time, they soon feel duty bound to analyze their behavior and systematize it.  Whereas if they have been in an analytical mode for a while, they will soon decide that they can do what they want freely after all.  It's a yo-yo type of situation.
  27. INTPs can make very good assistants to leaders, provided they and the leader are of one mind, for their perspective analysis can give the leadership useful insights which they may overlook, being too busy with leading.  
  28. If an INTP speaks, they must be listened to, for they believe their spoken opinions to be important.  If not, they withdraw (at least in spirit) and assume that the people who do not listen lack intelligence.  Hence, INTPs make very poor leaders, for they depend too much on the attitudes of others.
Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 hours ago, Angelo John Gage said:

Attached below is the extended profile for INTPs 

Is this legal?

@Joseph Maynor Awesome, it's for these kinds of comments that reputations points can be useful

Oh my. God

its even me on the first page of that

dependence is the sweet taste of milk

Wake the fire tiger in me

licking up every last word of 

Logician profile.PDF

home *rrrrrrroooooaaring* run

Don’t know where that came from

but it made sense though, didn’t it?

like emotionally, if that’s what emotions are

I don’t know, but I do, I THINK

Nice, now I know how to make my ego trip!

better quit this right now

bye forum

Sure it's legal. I bought it and since it is mine, I am sharing it with everyone else. I'm not selling it.

So this isn't specific to your exact results? As in any INTP pays the cash and gets the exact same pdf?

That's easier to crack than old school floppy disks that had a button you pushed in that said copy protection on it :D.

Thanks reading now!

Thanks Angelo. Really helpful.

I am both Assertive and Turbulent at the same time according to 16personalities. Will try to take the test again and see if I get the same results.

INTP here, ( is this abstract thing really relevant ? is there someone here who truly believe MBTI isn't just astrology for the more advanced mind, but is "nothing" in the end ? )

pretend I m INTP / ADHD 

I think that's true, I tend to try to be more connected to people now with their emotion and knowing their background/pov perspective/tolerance, so I can better connect and lead them : adapted to their own understanding/behavior.

I m very turbulent/chaotic

Edited by Aeris

@Angelo John Gage  THANK YOU!!!

This is literally the only place on the internet where i've found this. Absolutely awesome contribution, it was worth waiting 5 days for account approval just to download this one PDF.

Thanks, Angelo, and have a great day!

On 11/22/2019 at 0:23 AM, ionvasile783 said:

@Angelo John Gage  THANK YOU!!!

This is literally the only place on the internet where i've found this. Absolutely awesome contribution, it was worth waiting 5 days for account approval just to download this one PDF.

Thanks, Angelo, and have a great day!

care to share please?