John Iverson

I need a suggestion what work out routine is good without going to the gym

15 posts in this topic

Which is better go to gym? Or work out by yourself at home?.. is there a big difference if you workout to the gym? :D is it better?

Edited by John Iverson

• Pre San Ka banda Dto sa Pilipinas ?..Btw Antipolo ako

Well, for me, the hiking is the best solution + walking to work, school, grocery store. The moment I decided to start walking instead of driving was the moment I started losing weight. Pick some good and stylish athletic clothes and comfy shoes such as Birkenstock, and you are good to go!

Whatever rocks your boat as long as you stay active and put some strain on your muscles and bones. 

A combination of some cardio outside and some weight lifting on inside is a good idea. Also going out in nature hiking, brilliant thing!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

That totally depends on your goal. Gaining bodyfat and muscle? Losing bodyfat? Gaining muscle and losing bodyfat? Maintenance? Injury prevention? Flexibility? Higher energy levels? Different approaches for different goals. I've worked as a fitness coach, feel free to ask questions. 

If you are looking for a complete plan on how to gain strength without going to the gym, then you can try "Convict Conditioning" by Paul Wade. It's a very simple and easy to follow training routine based on calisthenics.

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

If you are looking for a complete plan on how to gain strength without going to the gym, then you can try "Convict Conditioning" by Paul Wade. It's a very simple and easy to follow training routine based on calisthenics.

Started this a couple of years ago. Now I still do the same exercises but with added weight of a weight vest. My personal experience with convict conditioning + weight vest is very good. The exercises that really matter, like pullups, dips, pushups, squats can be done without gym anyway. Big tip: buy a pullupbar.

workout where the heart feels right :)

B R E A T H E

Heey! 

I enjoy yoga, and I find it on youtube. This helps me so much with my posture since I work sitting down most of the time.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:57 AM, Claireanne said:

Well, for me, the hiking is the best solution + walking to work, school, grocery store. The moment I decided to start walking instead of driving was the moment I started losing weight. Pick some good and stylish athletic clothes and comfy shoes such as Birkenstock, and you are good to go!

An intelligent way to get some exercise. ?

It's good to go to the gym if you so desire.. but It's important to have equipment and a "plan" in your home in case you are in the situation where you can't afford the membership any longer or you can't make it because maybe you got a new job or anything for that matter.. it's important to understand that a gym is just a place and not to depend on it to work out.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:08 AM, solr said:

That totally depends on your goal. Gaining bodyfat and muscle? Losing bodyfat? Gaining muscle and losing bodyfat? Maintenance? Injury prevention? Flexibility? Higher energy levels? Different approaches for different goals. I've worked as a fitness coach, feel free to ask questions. 

My goal is losing body fat and high energy level

Gym is a waste of time. 

Go into the woods and hang to a tree, see if you can do that challenge, is a more powerful workout than any. Literally stay hugged to a big tree, arms and legs.