Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BjarkeT

Are there things you can't control?

2 posts in this topic

HI :)

sometimes in personal development I have seen people say that you should know what you can and can't control but is there really anything you can't control(besides how the laws of physics work I guess) 

for example a long time ago people didn't think we could control or predict the weather but now we actually sort of can due to global warming we could probably control it better if we used the same things that make global warming more "wisely"(and probably control it better with better technology)

an other example is not everyone may think you can control how people think but it's possibly to influence the way people think

an other example could be that there is many who think you can't achieve the same things people like Albert Einstein did but there has been a lot of research on expertise that shows that it's possibly for anyone(if you have at least 30 years or more to work in your career and if it's done "right") and how you can get there

if I remember right the wright brothers who invented the air plane should have said they didn't believe planes could fly very far but look at the air planes we have now 

is the idea that there is some things we can't control just a limiting belief?  Just curious :)

what do you think? :)

Edited by BjarkeT

It's a matter of perspective. From the absolute perspective you can't control anything, everything is just happening as it should happen. From the relative perspective, you are/feel in control which is the illusion.