Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cena655

Where is all the Sleep gone?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I've been doing Do Nothing for a few months now. 1 week ago I started to combine it with SDS (1hour/day). 

And yes, I can feel the "meditation gainz" :D But have you guys experienced a reduction in sleep too? I sleep about 2-3 hours per night and that's it! I don't feel like sleeping for 7-9 hours anymore. At night I go to bed and wake up in 2-3 hours with full of energy, a feeling of calmness, and without any tension or stress.

Have you guys experienced a reduction in sleep too?

Edited by cena655
wrong spelling

haha really? Maybe it's just for a short period of time, because I've never been a hardcore yogi :/

@cena655 Yes, but I found it changes a lot. One week you don't have to sleep much, another you have insomnia, the other you feel exhausted and want to sleep for 12 hours. It isn't something that's static

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Danielle  @cena655 I think in terms of the "staticness" of this, it varies with every person individually. I experience the exact same thing, that I always go to bed quite late (2-3am) and many times wake up at 6 or 7am completely rested and ready to go again and this hasn't changed since 8-10 months when it first occurred. But I have to admit, this can actually be just a short phase that you go through, as I've also experienced this many times prior to my current state of sleeping patterns.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday @Danielle yes, it might just be a short phase, because today I've slept about 6 hours. 

Maybe I'll get to the consistent 2-3 hours of sleep after a few months of hardcore meditation. I'm very curious about it. I will meditate more, because this is so exciting :D

@cena655 Meditation is not all singing and dancing. It is a deep psychological and physical cleansing machine at work.

Expect a jagged, erratic trajectory as you slowly clean out the body-mind system. 

But of course, celebrate the good times.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com