Joseph Maynor

Is Trafficking In Theoretical Insights For Newbies In This Work?

6 posts in this topic

It seems like the more enlightened I become the more I'm just watching my awareness.

I feel much less reluctant to discuss this work theoretically now or to provide any kind of theoretical insight to anybody.  

I still have my list of topics to write about, but I'm not itching to write anything right now.  I'll still write though sooner or later, I'm sure.  

But I now clearly see the mental-masturbatory quality of the theory in this work.  

Meditation is the best practice you can be doing.  Just watch reality.  That's it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's easy to get to this realization of being now, it's a challenge to not get distracted by the story of it. There's nothing inherently 'bad' about the story, that would be just another story, but finding peace and fulfillment in simply observing the story unfold without attachment to it is something our minds aren't naturally predisposed to do.

Of course not having attachment is just another story..... sooooooo...... just be.........

On 1/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

It seems like the more enlightened I become the more I'm just watching my awareness.

I feel much less reluctant to discuss this work theoretically now or to provide any kind of theoretical insight to anybody.  

I still have my list of topics to write about, but I'm not itching to write anything right now.  I'll still write though sooner or later, I'm sure.  

But I now clearly see the mental-masturbatory quality of the theory in this work.  

Meditation is the best practice you can be doing.  Just watch reality.  That's it.

TBH lately I have been observing you becoming addicted to this forum. You open new topics several times a day.I am not criticizing you, I also went through this. I am just offering you to self reflect. At some point you need to just stop discussing and theorizing about your life and switch to action. One of my new years resolution was to cut down theories in my life and increase the practice. 

Edited by egoless

It’s funny, the answer is both yes and no.  Yes in the sense that you need to understand some features about reality that can be framed conceptually.  But also no in the sense that reality has nothing to do with thought-stories.  But without the theory no one would have eyes to see reality without looking through a lens of ideas.  The Mind insists on associating knowing with conceptual knowing.