Shroomdoctor

spirituality, new age bs, and consciousness

113 posts in this topic

@star ark  Bicameral Mind theory actually makes sense.. You can also look up 'Alien hand syndrome'

'Alien hand syndrome (AHS) is a condition in which a person experiences their limbs acting seemingly on their own, without control over the actions'

There is something called corpus callosum in our brain which connects left brain and right brain. When two hemispheres are surgically separated, it is almost like there are two people in the same body, My left brain can make decisions that my right brain is not aware of and vice versa. Once I read about this, my whole perception of consciousness changed.

There are things which are not certain yet. But human beings have a tendency to avoid uncertainty by unconsciously adding their own explanations to fill in the gaps. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

5 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

Even if you go through anecdotes and decide to trust just anecdotal stuff, you will still find that all authentic masters discouraged in any interest in paranormal. Go through Patanjali Yoga sutras and he himself says these things are distractions and trap you. 

According to Patanjali, we all have psychic powers that we haven't tapped into yet. Those powers are a distraction on the road to enlightenment. If I had powers, I would keep them a secret. If I was enlightened, I would keep it a secret. I like to blend in with everyone else. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

lol I think that last video from Leo worked, everyone is treating each other so nicely

xDxDxD

@Nexeternity Just another day at the zoo ?

----

Time for a break from this place for a bit.  For real

a911711cd549c32c85d43efe411466e5--focus-quotes-random-quotes.jpg

Edited by Annetta

11 hours ago, Annetta said:

Time for a break from this place for a bit.  For real

Same here, I'll be just watching Leo's videos and blog once a week.

Edited by Soulbass

B-b-but baby....it wasn't me .... it's alien hand syndrome....

Plus, there is already a significant dogmatic spirituality present, might as well go full on theocratic control over it...right?

Edited by SOUL

Play the game, don't let the game play you.

B R E A T H E

On distractions, I'd have to agree, all this focusing on questioning some others dream of reality is just a distraction from inquiring into the only dream of reality. 

20 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

On distractions, I'd have to agree, all this focusing on questioning some others dream of reality is just a distraction from inquiring into the only dream of reality. 

"The Truth is always there in front of you, but your ideas insulate the Truth from you."  -- Emerald

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We might have to crack down on New Ageism a bit more in the future. I'll be keeping my eye on it. I'm just giving you guys fair warning so you don't scream and holder "censorship!" if we start cracking down. The point would to be keep this place free of BS and distractions.

Yeah, way too many distractions on our very serious, never-ending journey to become enlightened.

Heck... let's block, ban the lot.

Edited by jse

16 minutes ago, jse said:

Yeah, way too many distractions on our very serious, never-ending journey to become enlightened.

Heck... let's block, ban the lot.

Believe it or not I gain a lot by participating on the Forum.  It is what YOU make of it.  Let's not play the role of the victim.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This is all a wetiko backlash.

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

let's block, ban the lot.

Yeah, might as well take it back to the Big Bang sham  ;) 

8 hours ago, snowleopard said:

Yeah, might as well take it back to the Big Bang sham  ;) 

I didn't say that.  You thought you caught me huh -- haha!  Check your quote again. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

In awareness I awakened to existence 'before' the big bang... I am fulfilled by the potential of it in my being.