Shroomdoctor

spirituality, new age bs, and consciousness

113 posts in this topic

Honestly, I find the amount of bs i read in the consciousness section lately a bit concerning. It is really hard to take spirituality seriously if half of the forum is complete new age bs. Maybe that is my ego and scientific paradigm talking, but is it just how I see things at the moment. These are the reasons why people laugh at me when I mention meditation and people want to put me into counseling when mentioning enlightenment. 

I really liked Leos no bullshit spirituality videos. They put these topics in a good light, They make you seriously wonder about these things.  

But "Hey I am channeling an entity, ask me questions?" Like how should I be able to take this seriously?

What I really liked about this forum was the possibility to get input on these kind of things in a practical and down to earth manner. But this is getting less and less possible. That was what separated the consciousness section of this forum from other spirituality sides, and it was what hooked me. 

I admit that there might be things I do not yet understand. Things like chakras might be legit and really help with self actualization. But I get the vibe that quite a lot of people flee into spirituality because it makes it easier to ignore the burning problems in your life. I get that consciousness is a big part of self-actualization. But it isn't everything, is it? 

This isn't supposed to be bashing, I would just like to hear your opinions about these things. I really want to explore spirituality, but I fear getting lost in these new age concepts and falling from one dogma to another. 

How do you handle that? How do you separate the real value from bs?

Agreed, someone should write a script that moves some of the threads into 4chan.org/x. Not even joking,  it's the most active community for that kind of stuff that i know of. 

Just now, Nahm said:

@Shroomdoctor Contribute.

Its hard to contribute when you do not have much experience. I try to only contribute to things I myself understand. 

There are only points of views and individual experiences. To me it as boils down to where judgement lies. If there is judgement, there's ego. Wanting to put people in a different box because they do not share your views... well let's just say that didn't turn out too well when you look at history in general.

If you're not interested in looking into some else's path or experience, just look the other way. Eventually you'll grow more patient and tolerant. Or start seeing little creatures of your own and you'll be like holy shit I get it now. Your own experience will change and so will that other person's experience. And maybe one day you'll meet down the road. Who knows.

@Shroomdoctor nah fuck that. Stay only with what you understand and you’re not expanding. You’ll understand more the more you throw yourself into life, and this forum is an enormous resource that you’re not tapping into yet.  I don’t think you understand yet, cause you’re young...the bullies in school didn’t get to start with parents who contributed to their child’s sense of safety as much as others, so the bullies lash out until they find their own connection. The nah sayers of the world, those who only discredit, neutralize, aim to burst everyone’s bubbles - they’re miserable! They’ve simply learned to be intellectual as a means of hiding the pain and never working through it. Those who experience the dark side of the ‘new age’ “bs”, demons, etc, they had some fucked up shit happen when they grew up. It’s terrible. Unfair. But, you have to see that they are projecting this, vs doing the work through that fear to discover what they are. Is it real to them? Yep. Real af. 

What’s that tell you about reality?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm @Ruby White Did I come off as looking down upon others? I did not mean to do that. In my current worldview, these thing just don't fit. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. But you can't simply say "everything is real and right". Like seeing little demons? In my mind that sounds like "I want to be special". That is my opinion. I am not saying I am 100% right, I am not saying people claiming seeing little demons are idiots. I am just saying I will not believe everything someone tells me on blind faith. And as long as nothing convinces me of the opposite, I will say that I liked the down-to-earth'nes of the forum which it seems to loose. Nothing more, nothing less.

@Shroomdoctor A picture is worth a thousand words. I don’t think you could be seen as coming down on someone even if you tried. “Shroomdoctor” ta boot. ❤️ The ‘not down to earth ness” stands to liberate you from your ‘done To earth ness”. 

Maybe pick up this game and have fun wth this.

1425E48D-3A4B-413B-881A-2B7DAC7FCCDA.jpeg

To win this game, you have to make a more compelling arguement for one side of a topic. You don’t get to pick which side. 

Defining down to earth ness is a sweet rabbit hole. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I did not really understand the top part of your post. Could you elaborate?  
Like, I get that different perspectives and dogmas create arguments. I get that the truth often lies somewhere in between, which is why I try to not only see things through my own view. Sometimes, I am not that good at it. 

@Shroomdoctor  complete new age bs sounds pretty condescending to me :P There are good scientific and skeptic forums out there maybe you can try and see if that fits your needs better? No one is trying to convince you of anything. I was just like you 10 years ago. I married a pharmaceutical post-doctorate scientist of Cambridge University. Then Shit happens. I couldn't care less if you believe it or not but your opinion won't stop me to try and share and express what I am living today because it's pretty real and intense to me. Don't believe! Try your own things!! And maybe you'll end up flying off of Earth at some point XD.

P.S. I have been divorced for a good while now and guess who's sending me messages today about altered states of consciousness, seeing energy and hearing voices?

@blazed No one can prove that anything exists. End of that topic.

@blazed Its so easy to fall into the trap of wanting to follow others to get the answers. Its really hard to rely on yourself, a lesson I am learning day by day.

2 hours ago, Shroomdoctor said:

How do you handle that? How do you separate the real value from bs?

Spirituality is all about getting in touch with our subjective experience. There isn't any objective way that all of us will agree on. If some people think they can channel, good for them. We can't prove them wrong. 

My advice to you is, "Don't worry about what others are saying or doing. Focus on your subjective experience." 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep I was talking mostly about techniques and stuff. Its not like you can tell someone "just focus on your experience" and they can do it. (Although in the end it might just be that easy). 

@Ruby White @Nahm @Mighty Mouse

But in the end, you are right that I should not complain, but pick the things that seem viable to me.  And I thank you all for that insight.

3 hours ago, blazed said:

Except when it's convenient to you right? Whether you have money in your bank account to pay your next purchase, or whether you have food on your plate. When you need to take a shit, shit exists doesnt it?

Leo has confused so many people with his whole nothing exists shit, I guess his $250 dollar paywall to his life purpose  doesn't exist huh.

I wouldn't know as I barely watched leo's videos nor looked into his course. I realized that I don't exist trough deep introspection and from there everyday have been a quest to reconcile that I see within with what I see without. And that my friend is nothing I could ever prove to anybody else until you live it for yourself.

Edited by Ruby White

@Shroomdoctor

What you find concerning on the forum is only a threat to your ego. Yes, there are many low quality posts on this forum, but you have to understand that people have different backgrounds, different life experiences, different points of view, different beliefs, were influenced by different cultures, have different needs, different intentions, different levels of development.

When you come across debates and comments that you don't fully understand that does not mean those debates are not useful, they are just not useful for your perspective and self-agenda needs. Use those threads as a way to embody more open mindedness by not judging the stuff, you don't understand and as a way to expand your horizon of possible perspectives.

After a while you Will develop better discernment because you were open to all possible perspectives.  That is the reward of being radically open minded and rejecting nothing.

Then find the advice that resonates with you and ignore the rest. One message is not suited for everybody. What is valuable to someone, might not be valuable for you. Cultivate the art of knowing what to ignore.

Avoid useless debates and personal opinions and find the ones that are productive and help you to rise up in your development.

Understand that people on this forum are at different spiral Dynamic stages. Someone who is at the stage orange, Will see the guy at the stage green as a hippie and there is nothing wrong with that. How someone sees a situation is a direct reflection of his development.

People can fall into the trap of spiritual bypassing but what's important is that, you don't fall into that trap, don't worry about others. 

Keep a daily spiritual practice, this is where you Will get the most spiritual growth. Theory from the forum Will help you with different aspects, it Will build your theoretical foundation, not your spiritual foundation. Use theory to fuel your practice, and your practice to fuel your theory.

The thread you mentioned was a joke.

This topic inspired me to share a blog post I wrote this summer :

The analogy between hyena and manta ray is beautiful.

See ya bros

Edited by Soulbass

12 minutes ago, Shroomdoctor said:

@Deep I was talking mostly about techniques and stuff. Its not like you can tell someone "just focus on your experience" and they can do it. (Although in the end it might just be that easy). 

It's not easy to weed out the bs. What's helped me is trying a technique on myself and keeping it if it works. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS