Charlotte

Severe Panic Attack

10 posts in this topic

Last night I had my first ever experience of a severe Panic Attack, it lasted 2 and half hours and I felt like I stared death in the face. I accept what happened. 

The thing is today I feel numb, flat, emotional less, wanting to be on my own and just very introverted. How do I come back to myself? I feel like I've been emotionally rattled or something, very disorientated.

Did you do something specific prior to it ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Charlotte My son had severe panic attacks for a bit.  We learned about it together. We found, he was over thinking about something (girlfriend situation) and got lost in thinking about an unwanted potential outcome. He resolved the attacks by ‘sitting through it’ - by focusing on where he is right now. Looking around, listening. Out of the mind and into his present. He saw that he was, in all actuality, perfectly fine. Hope this helps at all.  Those are the worst. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Shin Yes, I suffer with chronic pain (majority of my life) and have been looking at alternative ways to control the pain, my aim this year was to be free of morphine. So, I done my research online and noticed a pattern of people claiming that CBD oil is miraculously helping their pain. 

I contacted my family friend who I knew was taking CBD oil. I met up with her, talked about it for hours and she made it very clear that this would not produce any 'high' whatsoever. I repeated myself over and over making sure she knew that I didn't want any 'high' feeling at all, she reassured me. I explained I don't drink or smoke or do drugs at all (apart from my medication) and I'd like to stay as internally pure as possible. 

You can imagine what happened next can't you, I took the tiniest amount (a dots worth) on my finger and watched for any chronic pain subsiding. Next minute I'm high as a kite. I started to feel anger because this is not what I wanted, I contacted my mum and she said "Just go with it Charlotte, don't resist it, it's happening now and there's nothing you can do about it", so I did. Over the next few hours it became worse, I felt as if I was losing my mind, my partner looking at me worried, which added to the fear inside me! What if it had reacted with my morphine, I thought. I just had no idea what was going on. My behaviour started to scare him which then I fed off because I was thinking the same. I felt myself going into another reality but this reality was like the most strongest most negative emotion you could ever imagine. It was genuinely like I was staring my own death in the face. I called my mum and begged her to ring an ambulance but she knew what it was, THANK GOD! She arrived at my house and talked me through it. 

So yeah, that's basically it. Sorry it turned out so long.

@Nahm That's EXACTLY what I did. I kept talking, noticing my surroundings, listening, begging my mum to keep talking. Your poor son ? I'm so sorry he has been through these ❤️

Thing is though for the past 2 days I've felt emotional less. I am completely numb and I've felt as if I've left myself somewhere back in Monday. It's absolutely awful. I watched 'Walk with me' (documentary film) last night with hope that it would trigger 'me' again, it did for the duration but then it came back. 

@Charlotte I had extreme panic attacks a while back as well. The only thing that helped from my experience was breathing slowly into your stomach and letting the experience wash over you.

It indeed feels like you are staring death in the face with that fast heartbeat and the body going completely nuts. Make this into something you can grow from, rather than suffer through it. Seeing it as an opportunity to grow and sitting through it no matter how painful will help,  you gotta have faith that this is just a temporary phase and that, like all phases, it will pass.

Good luck, I wish you the best. <3

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Thank you for your reassuring words.

I am a very emotional, happy feeling type personality so to feel 'numb' is very strange for me.

Thank you for your well wishes, you too ??

Situations can get a little fucked up at times but tend to turn around eventually. I've been through periods of emotional numbness and it freaked me out a bit but don't give it too much energy, you gotta just ride it out.

It's just another experience to throw into your bank of experiences I guess. It'll pass, stay positive. 

Wait, CBD oil makes you high? Sure it wasn't placebo? I know how you feel, I didn't want to take pills after my wisdom teeth surgery and after taking them I thought it caused me a panic attack or made my Derealization worse whereas it was the thoughts causing anxiety. Panic attacks are always caused by thoughts.

Edited by Nadosa

Just stay with these feelings. Don’t escape them, let them run there course. Just observe. 

You will be ok if you simply watch. These feelings and thoughts are facts as in they are actualy happening . Try not to escape to the abstraction of what should be, or what you want to happen. This will only create further illusion, deception, conflict.

Stay with what is 

your not alone friend 

Edited by Faceless

@Nathan Very true! Taken your advice on board... Thank you :)

@Nadosa Well, I thought it contained very very low amounts of THC (the stuff that actually gets you high in cannabis), so low in fact that I wouldn't feel anything whatsoever. Well after consulting the 'friend' that sold this to me turns out it was riddled with THC, well I haven't touched drugs since I was like 15 (I'm 27 now) so obviously my tolerance is EXTREMELY low so it hit me in the face like a ton of bricks ?. 

Yes definitely agree they are caused on by thoughts. I've been retracing my steps in my mind and wondering how the hell I ended up where I did!

@Faceless Exactly what I've been doing, thank you. My mind did wonder though if I had brain damaged myself, damaged my amygdala or something. Lol! "Your not alone friend" bless you! Thanks ❤️