Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whoami3

LSD and access concentration

8 posts in this topic

Is it easier to reach access concentration while on LSD?

Yes, and maybe?  It depends on your level of experience, but yea you can go even further than just access concentration.  

@Whoami3 Access concentration?

That's like asking if it's easier to jump with a rocket strapped to your back.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Never tried it.  I’ll give it a go next time I trip.  LSD makes mindfulness second-nature though.  It’s kind of a cheater in that sense. But I find that it gives me a great model for what mindfulness is like — so when I’m sober I am more mindful than I otherwise would be.  I can always recall back to the mindfulness I had in the trips.  For example, I became fully aware of what the Mind was doing when I was fantasizing while listening to music.  I’ve done this kind of fantasizing and thinking while listening to music before — but when I was on LSD it was as if I was looking at it from a third-person’s perspective.  LSD puts you into the Now and even if you’re thinking or fantasizing — you’ll watch that happen in high-relief in the Now.  I also don’t really feel like contemplating theoretically when on LSD — I am happy just being.  That’s something I noticed.  Like — I really don’t like writing when I’m high on LSD.  But I do like reflecting on my life and my awareness a lot when tripping.  I like thinking about  all the parts of reality that I am not yet accepting.  That’s fascinating to me when on LSD.  And when on LSD it seems so easy to accept these things, you almost take it for granted.  But then you come down and realize that, no, you got a glimpse of your path to growth, but not a sustainable solution to it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Whoami3 said:

Is it easier to reach access concentration while on LSD?

No I don't think you're gonna get access concentration on LSD. It's a completely different experience. Cultivate it naturally through lots of concentration meditation.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

The first time I did 1P-LSD, I took 1/3 of a tab. After 7 hours, I smoked cannabis. that combination triggered in me an insane capacity for concentration that I never experienced before. Afterwards I did 1P-LSD with and without cannabis several times and with higher dosages, up to 1 tab and a half, but I never experienced that level of concentration ever again. I don't know if that was "access concentration", but it was a very high and unusual level of concentration.