Lise

Strategy: Schoolwork + LPC or Only Schoolwork?

11 posts in this topic

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody has experience with being in their senior year in high school and doing the life purpose course at the same time?

As many high school students, I take my schoolwork kind of seriously, but at the same time I'm spending around one (maybe two) hour each day on distractions (although it's not TV-series, more like documentaries). Will it be strategical if I sleep less, and do the LPC? In return I'll maybe get a motivation-boost, drop my distractions and do even better in school? Or should I wait with the LPC until the vacations, and do it then, and mainly focus on school this semester? Any experiences?

Comment: I only have a few months until graduation, in addition to that I live in a country (Norway) where it is necessary to deliver good results all of the time to get good grades. Also, to enter university this year I have to apply by 15th of April (in other words: pretty soon!).

All replies will be deeply appreciated! :D 

Regards

A confused 18 years old girl.

Hmm, one piece of advice I could offer would be to set up your day that you can do both.

You said you have a bit of distraction in your day, perhaps you can fill in this time instead with Leo's "Do Nothing" meditation - that will allow you to think clearly about if you should wait or start the LP course during school.

If you can do both, I would highly recommend it. Personally, I spent my time doing just the LP course, however I may go through it one more time to solidify things. :D

I began the LPC in my first year of college around Christmas, during vacations. I had time, so I worked on it every day, but when the new semester started I had to make an effort to find energy and time for the course, especially because I was in the exercises part, which requires more emotional labor.

If you want to plant the seed and slowly dive in it, then you could start watching the first videos of the course while still taking your schoolwork seriously. At the beginning you just have to watch and take notes, nothing too hard. When you'll graduate you'll have more time, I assume, and you'll be able to focus more on the exercises (the most important part of the course).  I think this would be a good solution :)

An option could be to use time blocking where you set a side an equal amount of time to both 

for example maybe 2 hours total so 1 hour school work and 1 hour life purpose but for maximum (and best results) productivity I recommend doing one thing at a time (with a high intensity of focus and no distractions) :) 

i recommend getting at least 8 hours of sleep or it might be hard to have optimal productivity :) 

hope you can use it :) 

Edited by BjarkeT

I have not done the life purpose. I am 16.

I have noticed an odd-trend of a bias towards doing well in school in these forums. I could be wrong. Discuss with me what you think. I think that merely passing school (Getting your HighSchool Diploma) is an efficent investment as this makes getting any sort of job, be it wage or salary easier. You get a retail job getting paid 20k-30k salary a year and then pump that money from the job into investing and starting your own business. It is not rocket science at all, it is hardwork.

I do not see the point of pissing away your time studying for a test to get points that you'll just piss away on a degree that will cost 5-10k and not even use it, or , if you do use it, get some job that gives you a mediocre salary, then basically, earning a lot less if you had of just worked your ass off investing and starting your own business.

You do not have to be a genius to understand this. This is simple!

You can make the most money working for yourself. Working for others, people will take a cut of the value you generate. Simple.

As Leo Gura said, the corporate rat race is miserable avoid it as much as you can. Dont do shit for other people for shit pay off, or even worse for free! What the fuck are you doing? Dont waste your time.

Unless your life purpose involves you having a career where a college degree is needed. (Such as a doctor) Get your High School diploma and get the fuck out of there. The points dont even matter, Just make sure you get enought to pass and then go.

So yes. I would focus on finding your life purpose as soon as possible. The clearer you are of what your life purpose is, the more you can use it to fuel and drive you. It is hard to be driven, inspired by something if you cant envision it. Ultimately, you want to be generating money off of your life purpose.

Do not put the horse before the cart however. You need a vehicle in which to get what you want from a pipe dream to reality.

The most common vehicle from which you to get your dreams from ZERO to HERO is Money. With money, you can do a WHOLE lot more and a whole lot quicker than without it.

Or you could build a large following (money often comes along with this), view leos video on marketing. Great information here.

Leo Gura also has a video on advice for High School and College Students.

The message Leo gives in this video is

"Include the school curriculum and above and beyond it"

Here I have to disagree with him.

Practicality is what comes first. It's easy to say "include the school curriculum" when you are already financially comfrotable. If your not learning ways in which to (A) Increase your Power and Influence and (B) generate significant money (B). You effectively using your time inefficiently relative to trying to becoming financially free and wealthy as soon as possible.

Tier 1 and 2 are the best. They elevate you. Tier 3 is a distraction

Tier 1 =  Life Purpose, Health, Business, Non-Duality/Meditation and Spirtual/Enlightment practices.

Tier 2 = Fields of Knowledge that you can sift through to find practical use. You will likely find things of use to you in the field of phychology, sociology, economics, history , science etc. Have a look through it all and find what fields will help you most in attaining and actualizing your life purpose.

Tier 3 = School and School Work/Curricula. Pointless pleasure activities that often leave you hollow inside, especially in excessive amount (TV, Videogames, Drinking, Partying , Gossiping, Texting friends for hours, bullshitting around on snap chat and other social media)

My message to you laconically is:

"Take what is needed, then go."

and

"Do not work hard. Work hard at working smart"

Edited by Lorcan

@Lorcan Ooooh, thank you for the insight! I've never really thought about school that way! 

Curious, where would you apply if you don't know what you want to be doing in life? I mean, what major would you choose?

An insight I just had. 

It does not matter what your choose to do with your life.

As long as you can survive, you have the tools to be happy.

The more conscious you are in your surviving, the happiness is generated.

Slaving  a way in a City rat-race compared to living in the wild.

Really really strange, Leo like just made a blog recently without me checking it regarding survival. He can read our minds lol xD

@Girzo I was thinking about just trying something out (architecture, product design or some kind of engineer),  and if I didn't like it, I could quit. I was also thinking about taking philosophy, but only as one subject, so I would have some time to think, and ponder about life (and more time to take the course!) I'm probably stressing to much, hehe :/ 

Fuck it, I'll just do the course :( I will probably thank myself later.

@Lorcan Thanks a lot. You other peps as well. I think I'll benefit from doing something efficient with my life