BobbyLowell

Everyone is able to be loved right????

29 posts in this topic

I love myself more than anything in the world, but I’m afraid to say it because it seems narcissist.

I feel deep love for humanity, despite all mistakes we’ve made.

Edited by Soulbass

1 hour ago, NEW11 said:

@Nahm  The reason I saw BobbyLowell's question as implying "romantic love" is because when people say "that guy/girl can never be loved" they don't think of universal love, or the types of love that you're talking about (if you think they do, then you need to get out of the house more), they think about romantic love, they think about sex.

Furthermore, I insist. There is no need to define other types of love, or the words "self" or "ego", as this is not what I've been talking about. If you want to start a new conversation with me, about that subject, fine. I do agree with everything that you say then. But I do not agree with mixing a conversation about "universal love" or "self love" with "romantic love", as they are quite different feelings, just as I do not agree with mixing a conversation about geometry with one about calculus. Just because they both are mathematics, doesn't mean they are the same. And if someone comes to you with a question about one of them, but your answer is about the other one, then the conversation makes no sense. It is pointless to keep talking about calculus and show me how versed you are in it if my question was about geometry.

That's why it is shallow to keep telling me about self-love, universal love, etc. when it's clear that this is not what I'm talking about. Because you are completely missing my point (careful, I'm talking only about your conversation with me, not with BobbyLowell). And that's what I called "shallow" - the argument that you gave me - not the type of love you're talking about. Because when it comes to that love, I agree with everything you're saying.

PS: Padawan is not a label (I mean not in this context). Hahahaha... I rolled on the floor when I read that.

Lot of assumptions. That Bobby meant to post it in the relationship section vs self act, that the rest of the posts about love, meditation, raising his own consciousness, etc, also missed what Bobby was saying about romance & sex. That when Bobby said “Makes me feel like the world is a horrible place”, he’s referrencing romance & sex, and making judgements about what others are saying, when they’re actually addressing what Bobby actually wrote. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm You both confirmed and rejected what I said at the same time, so "thank you" and "huh?". Furthermore, even if Bobby was talking about something else, alright. So if you want me to switch back to talking about "other types of love" just tell me "that's not what Bobby meant". I'll say "sorry, maybe I misunderstood" (like I said before - I thought she meant romantic love because of the way the problem sounded, if I was wrong, fine, I'm happy to see that).  But if you want to talk to me about what I said, then talk to me about what I said, don't go about criticizing me for something I never said.

Edited by NEW11

Is everyone able to be loved? 

Can you love? 

What is love? 

What is it not? 

Do you love? 

On 1/7/2018 at 10:23 AM, NEW11 said:

@Nahm You both confirmed and rejected what I said at the same time, so "thank you" and "huh?". Furthermore, even if Bobby was talking about something else, alright. So if you want me to switch back to talking about "other types of love" just tell me "that's not what Bobby meant". I'll say "sorry, maybe I misunderstood" (like I said before - I thought she meant romantic love because of the way the problem sounded, if I was wrong, fine, I'm happy to see that).  But if you want to talk to me about what I said, then talk to me about what I said, don't go about criticizing me for something I never said.

I don’t understand your point. If we’re talking about labrador dogs or bulldogs, then ideas relating to dogs in general will still apply to that idea. Like how love as a general concept has to do with romantic love.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Didnt read all the responses, I just made an ctrl+f search for the word "appreciation" but the word was not found here.

When appreciation for everything has a high priority in everyones life then we are living in a world of maximal "love". I think it is not so important to answer the question "Is everyone able to be loved?". It is a little bit like "Is there a god?".

You dont care about every life on this planet, right? So why would you care about knowing whether each of them could be loved. When you start dismantling the word "love" your question becomes unimportant. What is love? Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me no more!

A 16 yo girl says she loves Justin Bieber. An 80 yo old couple that is married for 50 years say they still love eachother. How do you define love? You just define it for yourself exactly as you do it with the word "enlightenment" and stuff. 

Basically your friends think that if they dislike someone that means everyone agrees with them and that their opinion is the most supreme truth. They have no idea about love, they sound like some superficial pricks. They are the ones you should feel sorry for.

As for love, I always held the belief that one should love himself first before expecting love from others. The person with low self esteem CAN be loved, but he makes it hard for both parties, since he will always seek approval and validation and proof, and it's painful for the lover too to see his loved one suffer like that. Self-fulfilling prophecy in a nut-shell.

Love is not conditional either. And yes, everyone can be loved. I mean look at Hitler, he has a huge fan base, when in fact he wouldn't even deserve it since he killed masses of people and stuff.

First of all, you need to stop listening to those people who are making you feel this way and turned to those who love you like your family and friends. People who don't know us makes all sort of comments or opinion before they even learn our last name. And because of that, their opinion doesn't matter. I have been like this for a few year but when it became intense I decided to stop hanging out with these stupid critics. I started to read stories and inspirational quotes and motivational speaking. And that helped me a lot. You can try one of them too.

There always will be someone who can ruin your perspective but the main thing is, are you going to let them?