Sukhpaal

Super Confused

9 posts in this topic

I recognized a pattern in my mind that keeps recurring. For example, last year I began my meditation and I was 3 months in and I felt at peace. But then I had an anxiety attack and my whole belief on meditation went out the window. Then couple months later I started meditating again, I found peace but then another anxiety attack after couple months. Now I'm into my 2nd month of meditation this year and I had another anxiety attack again. I'm guessing that I am having these anxiety attacks because I don't let my emotions out as often? I'm not too sure. Because today it felt like all these emotions came at me like a roller coaster. Any advice guys? Thanks.

and I'm not sure if a could find the right words.. It seems you could need the help from a professional,

to look carefully to your anxieties in order to identify them as

- a mind product

- thoughts that aren't real (or at least not real anymore)

- therefore useless

so you could go through your anxiety without fear for your fear and take the power out of it

The point is not to go farer as you feel would be good for you, but to remain there, willing to know your self better.

An attack can not kill you, but the thoughts, you make around it, makes your life hard

wish you the best ;)

It might be because you let everything out while meditating little by little and then when you start to get good at it everything come over you.

This is great, truly awesome, embrace it :D

Try to practice abundance. This means you should realise that you deserve peace , good feelings and love in abundance.  Or in my advice read the book The Big Leap by Gay Hendrics .. It helped me as well 

@Sukhpaal

I'd say that you indeed need a way to release intense emotions and not bottle them up (an exaust vent, so to speak) so that you can push through those attacks.

It could also be the case of homeostasis kicking in. You shift to the habit to mediatate and after a while, it sinks in that this is what you are going to be doing for the rest of your life, so the ego gets terrified and hits you with all it's got.

It could just as well be the result of something else changing in your life. 

Maybe if you described your anxiety attacks in your journal, you'd get more insight into what is causing them.

@Draconis Chaser I think it's this. I have a feeling it's homeostasis kicking in. Of course there are other factors but I think this is the big one.

3 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

@Draconis Chaser I think it's this. I have a feeling it's homeostasis kicking in. Of course there are other factors but I think this is the big one.

I also agree with this. This pattern is strangly familiar to me...and I am pretty sure it's homeostasis

Meditation is like opening Pandora's box. Everything that you suppressed will come up and then out. 

The "trick" is not to cling, not to believe any of it. 

Here's some help for panic attacks

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com