saint_charming7

How to socialize when you're working in your life purpose?

10 posts in this topic

Hi! A couple of months ago, I found my Life Purpose in my career with Leo's help, and I've been motivated like never before. The only problem I'm feeling recently is that I'm so focused in this and the mastery process of my skills, that I'm having a hard time to socializing with other people. Most of my friends are just looking for short term fun and stuff like that, and activities I really can't relate to anymore. You guys experienced something similar? 

This seems like the most common issue for people that do personal development. We should create a pinned thread about it.

As for your question, new friends is the way to go.

Thank you for the reply Spiral. Yes, that would be a great idea the pinned thread! Anyways, yes...I have been thinking about this, finding new friends, and stuff. But it's quite the challenge finding people around my age (I'm 24) working on their LP and/or self actualization. Lol, most of the people I know they are trying to become famous in social media or finding a relationship to lean on or  getting a high paying 9-5 job. But I'm glad here in the forum people can resonate with me, I have a feeling that I can overcome this with some of the insights here! B|

I can sort of relate.

Does your LP not involve other people? What I envision for myself is that new friendships will just be a byproduct of following my purpose and upholding of my values/vision in my life. The idea of pursuing friendship to have friendship, or socialize just to socialize has become kind of absurd to me. I view it as something that will happen naturally, like when I was a kid.

I haven’t found my life purpose yet but I can totally relate to what you say about friends not on the same level as you. The way I look at it is you’ve all got to do your own thing, friends come and go but you have to keep on your path to greatness. Realise that we’re all alone deep down (watch Leo’s loneliness video) and that should make it all easier. Time is so limited it’s unbelievable, so don’t waste it doing stupid shit with your friends...

Hey everyone! Huggin: Thanks for the wise words! LP sort does and it doesn't, my LP is to become an economist (I'm about to enter in grad school rn) so most of the stuff I'm dealing are very complex and I see that most people are not really interested in talking too much about this stuff. It also involves a lot of my time dedicated to studying which is a very lonely activity. So that's pretty much the basic challenge I'm facing right now (finding like minded people). But i agree totally with you, one thing I don't want is just to find new friends in this field to only be friends, it has to be something organic and meaningful to last, maybe by entering in grad school I will find people like that. In my life, in the past I made real good "friends" that are eventually gong away and stuff. I guess this is just a transitional phase maybe.

Rawjudah: Thank you for the inspirational words, and the reminder of Leo's video on that topic. I will work on keeping my path to greatness. (: 

@saint_charming7 I understand you mightn't want to restrict yourself to friends connected to LP. The way I see it, LP is just a part of your whole vision for your life, with other parts of it fulfilling you and giving you more energy to purse LP. So you can connect with people through various parts of your vision. For example, the area of health is a big part of my vision and I'm leaning towards some Yoga classes. Those have people I can interact with and connect with through a common interest.

@Huginn Awesome, yes I was thinking about this actually. What a coincidence I just started going to Yoga last week haha maybe there I can find like minded people. Thanks for the advice, I will try to connect some of my LP values with things I can do with other people. It will take a bit of brainstorming but I believe its possible. (:

I don't know how to answer this question but one thing I can assure you is that you gonna be really lonely while self actualizing...none of your friends are doing it  !  People don't know about this stuff... It's very fresh 

@saint_charming7 They are not mutually exclusive. You can still go one night per week out... and that's plenty of time for a social recharge. Quality time over quantity. A good night out will feel like a breath of fresh air.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard