Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmfao

Strong Determination Sitting: Can I swallow mucus and saliva when meditating?

7 posts in this topic

Leo talks about how you can meditate without moving at all. Does that include not moving your throat to swallow saliva? I feel like if you don't swallow saliva you get a gag reflex which can't be controlled. Perhaps the gag reflex is there to prevent slaviva from entering your lungs. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

As Shinzen Young once said, "Next you'll be asking, Am I allowed to breath?"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's crazy how the Mind comes up with all these rules for spirituality.  It does that generally with culture too.

48 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Strong Determination Sitting: Can I swallow mucus and saliva when meditating?

Only if mixed thoroughly with sugar and spices.

I'll take that as a yes. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

there are no rules

Just Be!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E