Leo Gura

Discussion: The End Of Reputation & Rank?

264 posts in this topic

I will just briefly state how my browsing patterns have changed after the reputation system was gone:

I google search and go to a blog that looks trustworthy instead of going through all the posts on the forum and trying very hard to determine which is good information and which is bad information. 

Background information: Currently I am trying to reduce overall internet time, fast scrolling/browsing of internet texts, and unnecessary thinking/decision making time. This is just the stage I am personally at and the new format doesn't agree with these behavioral changes. 

27 minutes ago, blazed said:

All of you complaining about having to read through information or not having society cherry pick favourites for you.

Unplug your computer, and throw it out the window.

Go to a cave and practice some f---king patience, this the problem with the internet and your stupid f--ked up minds.

You want things fast, instant, novelty, swipe to the left, you ain't got time for anything anymore, this why you get bored easily, this why you can't hold long term relationships, this why you can't f--king focus, this why you can't follow your life purpose or build the skills you need. This is why you can't be in the moment, this is why you can't saviour the food you eat to it's maximum, this is why you can't stay present.

What's next you want us to highlight the books you read and summarise it as a TL:DR read conclusions?

Technology in an attempt to make people more productive and get things done fast counterintuitively has actually just made human minds very lazy and impatient.

This even happens to extreme amounts in video games, this is why we have genre such as "oldschool" or "hardcore", because games today have been so dumbed down because people don't even want to make effort in a game (whilst sitting on a f--king couch or chair), they just want to button smash and complete a game, what's the point? Why not watch a movie then? wasn't the whole idea of a game to challenge one self in their free time? Wasn't that what chess, word search, sudoku, minesweeper all about? Excercising the brain?

Want to find useful information relevant to you instead of what society likes? get good at "scanning" and "identiying", and stop wanting to be spoon fed everything.

Mate mate mate... You're projecting a little too much - did ya see the newest video on criticism?

2 minutes ago, blazed said:

Did you see the part where the said to not use the video to point it out to others? See the paradox? As soon as you're not ok with someone else criticizing you join the hyena club.

There was no point to your post it's just straw man, just a diversion to what I was saying. It's so empty in it's message.

Haha, I simply pointed out an observation, I'm not using anything in the video against you for a debate. Did I say I wasn't okay with it? - sure maybe you thought I implied that, but that's still you projecting. But I couldn't really care any less, but when I scrolled down and saw your comment stressing yourself out for no reason - I figured I'd slip you a little reminder of the week's lesson.

Projections a bitch my dude, I'll tell ya from experience.

20 minutes ago, blazed said:

Man stfu, talking about projection with more projection.

I guess every motivational speaker is stressing out every time they shove a kick up other's asses then.

Before the critizing video leo made an other video calling out some people as "undeveloped mother f--kers"

Well I think the same applies to people who want to be spoon fed, they're some "undeveloped mother f--kers"

Oh I'm highly underdeveloped consciously, I would never not admit that. I'd say I'm probably in between stage blue/orange. I have no issue admitting that.

But when you're on the forums basically screaming at people, demanding them do something a certain way in the name of "SELF ACTUALIZING!"... Well sure I'm definitely low conscious enough that I'll call you out on in, and it wasn't even in a hostile manner either. You're simply dealing with some sort of stress in the real world, and taking it out via the forums. Been there, done that.

Now what's your plan of action? Keep on at it while knowing your ego is flaring up because of a systemic response to something else you're not dealing with? Sure, go for it if ya think it's therapeutic. Doesn't really affect me. But know it's doing a substantial amount more damage to yourself than I or anyone else you're directing your comments to.

Edited by Omni

I do not currently have any life problems or stress, but whatever man, you're just thrash talking right now I guess you didn't like my motivational post, fair enough.

I don't know what else to say to the useless BS you yapping here, again straw man and diversion. Have a good day.

Trash talking? Oh man... Yeah I'll leave this one alone, not worth the can of worms.

again a totally useless post, you're just arguing to get the last word in at this point, you definately are unconscious, at least you're right about that.

Anyway what I wanted to say is like you pointed out this is a "self actualizing" forum, better get used to the "kick up the ass" posts and not the "dear dear, everything is going to be OK, live the way you want even if thats being lazy and being spoon fed".

Do you hear that? It's an echo.

On 12/01/2018 at 1:42 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree.  I feel less "dirty" participating on here how.  Before I could tell that Ego was much more involved.  Now I am just one among peers.  I don't like the whole social media life.  But I do like this Forum, and I have grown so much from my participation on here.  It's good to be humble in this work, it really is.  

+1 Joseph Maynor

Reason: I agree with what you said. It gets rid of this "I have something wiser to say because I have more rep and likes than you". 

This could not be more from the case. I often saw posts of threads and comments of significant wisdom, but did not get any likes. The forum appears more humble and wise now. An academy of egos trying to learn off each other to become less of an ego rather than a "Look how sage-like I am" status game.

There will be less ego running amock on this forum with rep removed as it is now. Keeping rep boosts it.

Hey! This isn't actually that bad! But still; I would still prefer to reform reputation. I can see it's potential benefits. Maybe I will change my mind later. The water is still a bit cold.

@Lorcan gets my +1.

Reason: Good system. If it could be programmed in a Reddit-like fashion with a maximum 1 depth, other users could comment, correct and rate at the same time. Adding a comment would be optional. Maybe combine with the system that I proposed earlier.

...find the common reasons people upvote certain posts/topics (because they agree, think it's insightful or funny...) and have separate buttons for these. With this, you can enforce the values of this forum because anything that can't be rewarded with these buttons and therefore won't get much attention.

I would still support the removal of post count, signature, and view count.

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

manta-ray-01.png

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Lorcan said:

+1 Joseph Maynor

Reason: I agree with what you said. It gets rid of this "I have something wiser to say because I have more rep and likes than you". 

This could not be more from the case. I often saw posts of threads and comments of significant wisdom, but did not get any likes. The forum appears more humble and wise now. An academy of egos trying to learn off each other to become less of an ego rather than a "Look how sage-like I am" status game.

There will be less ego running amock on this forum with rep removed as it is now. Keeping rep boosts it.

I think the problem with success is it goes to your head.  Anyone who gets some can tell you that.  And you start to cling to a persona that you are different or wiser or somehow more worth listening to than other people.  It’s exciting to the Ego to feel this way, but once you become conscious of this mechanism, you will become disgusted by it.  I know I have a knack for this kind of work, but I never want that to go to my head, and I never want to feel like I’m protecting some kind of false persona that always needs to be right or come out on top.  It’s something to watch out for.  And the Ego is sneaky with this.  Popularity seems to confirm this difference between you and me.  But that only gets in the way of my growth in this work.  Instead of growing at that point, I really start to hit a glass ceiling.  I had to bust through that recently by realizing my Ego had become too invested in this work.  Strange how that happens.  And those of us planning a career around this work need to always be very mindful that this trap is lurking there ready to suck you in.

This is Wetiko, Maya, ego, illusion that infects us all.  We don't need to fight each other, only too see what it is and where it hides.

greed_1-jpg.jpg

"Give me a name... and see me."

Once there was a miller who was poor, but who had a beautiful daughter. Now it happened that he had to go and speak to the king, and in order to make himself appear important he said to him, "I have a daughter who can spin straw into gold."

The king said to the miller, "That is an art which pleases me well, if your daughter is as clever as you say, bring her to-morrow to my palace, and I will put her to the test."

And when the girl was brought to him he took her into a room which was quite full of straw, gave her a spinning-wheel and a reel, and said, "Now set to work, and if by to-morrow morning early you have not spun this straw into gold during the night, you must die."

Thereupon he himself locked up the room, and left her in it alone. So there sat the poor miller's daughter, and for the life of her could not tell what to do, she had no idea how straw could be spun into gold, and she grew more and more frightened, until at last she began to weep.

But all at once the door opened, and in came a little man, and said, "Good evening, mistress miller, why are you crying so?"

"Alas," answered the girl, "I have to spin straw into gold, and I do not know how to do it."

"What will you give me," said the manikin, "if I do it for you?"

"My necklace," said the girl.

The little man took the necklace, seated himself in front of the wheel, and whirr, whirr, whirr, three turns, and the reel was full, then he put another on, and whirr, whirr, whirr, three times round, and the second was full too. And so it went on until the morning, when all the straw was spun, and all the reels were full of gold.

By daybreak the king was already there, and when he saw the gold he was astonished and delighted, but his heart became only more greedy. He had the miller's daughter taken into another room full of straw, which was much larger, and commanded her to spin that also in one night if she valued her life. The girl knew not how to help herself, and was crying, when the door opened again, and the little man appeared, and said, "What will you give me if I spin that straw into gold for you?"

"The ring on my finger," answered the girl.

The little man took the ring, again began to turn the wheel, and by morning had spun all the straw into glittering gold.

The king rejoiced beyond measure at the sight, but still he had not gold enough, and he had the miller's daughter taken into a still larger room full of straw, and said, "You must spin this, too, in the course of this night, but if you succeed, you shall be my wife."

Even if she be a miller's daughter, thought he, I could not find a richer wife in the whole world.

When the girl was alone the manikin came again for the third time, and said, "What will you give me if I spin the straw for you this time also?"

"I have nothing left that I could give," answered the girl.

"Then promise me, if you should become queen, to give me your first child."

Who knows whether that will ever happen, thought the miller's daughter, and, not knowing how else to help herself in this strait, she promised the manikin what he wanted, and for that he once more spun the straw into gold.

And when the king came in the morning, and found all as he had wished, he took her in marriage, and the pretty miller's daughter became a queen.

A year after, she brought a beautiful child into the world, and she never gave a thought to the manikin. But suddenly he came into her room, and said, "Now give me what you promised."

The queen was horror-struck, and offered the manikin all the riches of the kingdom if he would leave her the child. But the manikin said, "No, something alive is dearer to me than all the treasures in the world."

Then the queen began to lament and cry, so that the manikin pitied her.

"I will give you three days, time," said he, "if by that time you find out my name, then shall you keep your child."

So the queen thought the whole night of all the names that she had ever heard, and she sent a messenger over the country to inquire, far and wide, for any other names that there might be. When the manikin came the next day, she began with Caspar, Melchior, Balthazar, and said all the names she knew, one after another, but to every one the little man said, "That is not my name."

On the second day she had inquiries made in the neighborhood as to the names of the people there, and she repeated to the manikin the most uncommon and curious. Perhaps your name is Shortribs, or Sheepshanks, or Laceleg, but he always answered, "That is not my name."

On the third day the messenger came back again, and said, "I have not been able to find a single new name, but as I came to a high mountain at the end of the forest, where the fox and the hare bid each other good night, there I saw a little house, and before the house a fire was burning, and round about the fire quite a ridiculous little man was jumping, he hopped upon one leg, and shouted -

'To-day I bake, to-morrow brew,

the next I'll have the young queen's child.

Ha, glad am I that no one knew

that Rumpelstiltskin I am styled.'"

You may imagine how glad the queen was when she heard the name. And when soon afterwards the little man came in, and asked, "Now, mistress queen, what is my name?"

At first she said, "Is your name Conrad?"

"No."

"Is your name Harry?"

"No."

"Perhaps your name is Rumpelstiltskin?"

"The devil has told you that! The devil has told you that," cried the little man, and in his anger he plunged his right foot so deep into the earth that his whole leg went in, and then in rage he pulled at his left leg so hard with both hands that he tore himself in two.

Edited by Annetta

37 minutes ago, Outer said:

you can change it in options. imo Leo should automatically put it on.

thanks!

unborn Truth

Lmao the magnitude of clique-trolling in this forums is impeccable, like honestly I can't help but laugh.

"He's enlightened, you're not"

"I'm more conscious than you, you're a low conscious motherfucker because I assume you can't use criticism against my criticism!"

Oh man I think I might just be done with these forums - certainly not a place for proper self improvement or actualization, egos seem to run rampant more heavily here with the misconception of being ego-less.

Oh how we fall into these traps and yet the 'low-conscious motherfucker' can still be aware of them.

Edited by Omni

Yes, I agree the voting and repupation points shouldn’t be there. 

The thing is that points don’t do justice to how thought out someone’s ideas are. Someone may be terrible about life purpose advice, but be good at relationship advice. Also, people change over time. They might become even more experienced and wiser over time, but their points in the past wouldn’t reflect that.

Another thing is that I used to be on Quora before, a high quality question and answer site, and some of the issues there are also issues here. Some people just upvote on the basis of someone being familiar or liked more — such as how Leo’s posts are always voted up despite putting a lot less effort in answering than some less well known forum member. 

Also, it’d weed out the people who come here only for upvotes, rather than genuinely wanting to help. I believe things should be judged on context and its specfic situation, which requires us to read the actual words of what someone is saying.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

8 minutes ago, Outer said:

1. You're projecting too much. Did you see Leo's video on criticism?

i am wise program 2. My observation is that you're projecting.

i am honest program 3. I am high underdeveloped consciously.

i am very honest program 4.  I would never not admit that I am highly undeveloped consciously.

i am very very honest program 5. I have no issue admitting that.

i know who has ego program 6. Your ego is flaring up.

i am helping you program 7. You are doing damage to yourself.

i am not trolling program 8. The magnitude of clique-trolling in this forum is impeccable. I can't help but to laugh.

9. I think I am done with these forums.

10. certainly not a place for proper self improvement or actualization

i am not an ego program 11. egos seem to run rampant more heavily here

we're equal program 12. Oh how we fall into these traps

i am better than all of you program 13. yet the 'low-conscious motherfucker' can still be aware of them.

If you guys forget:

I am wise, I am honest, very honest, very very honest, I know who has ego, I am helping you, I am not trolling, I am not an ego. We're equal. I am better than all of you.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

But simply by entering and antagonizing the argument - you yourself fell victim to the same trap you're trying to point out.

Echo, echo, echo...

Notice how you're acting as a collective ego? You don't have to talk about 'i' or 'me/you', you can outwardly direct your opinions and point out things in other's conversation without speaking of yourself, but by doing so you are perpetuating it and are implying your own position.

Only difference is I'm the only one here who's openly admitted it - notice that? Shit's a bitch ain't it?

@Outer @Mighty Mouse I don't get it, why is everyone putting the word program at the end of every sentence program?

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

18 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

To show what ego program is running in any particular instance.

Ego can be described as an arbitrary set of programs, running full-auto in response to stimuli, without you noticing that it's just your programming that's doing the talking (and thinking and feeling and interpreting).

The mind/body is pretty much a robot. One of the functions of ego is to hide that fact from itself. So you don't see it unless you see through ego. Which of course ego will avoid at all cost, that's its job.

Imagine what people must look like... ;)

That's interesting. I really want my body-mind to be a robot doing everything on its own and for me to be relieved of my duty as a controller. I've had experiences like this during my weed trips. 

One time in the light of this discovery that the body-mind was better working without my (Who?) leash, I (Who?) wrote: 

You don't understand the bodymind. The bodymind understands itself. Leave all judgement of the bodymind.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Creating a meme because I want to feel special program. 

Make this a meme xD

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.