Leo Gura

Discussion: The End Of Reputation & Rank?

264 posts in this topic

We could remove the post count too, I can't seem to understand its usefulness.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You can't even say a thank you with a thumbs up anymore and that's very annoying.

Edited by Lynnel

1 hour ago, Lynnel said:

You can't even say a thank you with a thumbs up anymore and that's very annoying.

29-thank-you-meme-21.jpg

God is love

And God in them

My only source of self worth has been taken from me. Goodbye cruel world. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

9 hours ago, AleksM said:

@Leo Gura

I don't like it at all for the reasons I already mentioned here:

It's a big waste of time, to read all the threads from the first post to the last one and fill myself with the uninformed opinions from newbies, I want to quickly scan the page to identify any great insights, identify the insights from highly reputable members and to see if there is a productive discussion.

That's what's called Group Think. And the whole point was to kill it off.

I want people thinking more for themselves. Yes, that takes more effort and time.

Let's see how things go. It can take some time to get used to a change like this. And I understand not everyone will like it. And some of you have some legit reasons. As with everything, there are tough trade-offs such decisions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura   

I felt the like thing was a actually a good gauge of how much ego were in my comments.

If I wrote something really inspired and heartfelt in the spirit of sharing and contributing it got alot of likes.

If I wrote something without much consideration and a tinge of arrogance it didnt get any likes.

That was pretty cool to notice.

1 hour ago, Nexeternity said:

@Leo Gura   

I felt the like thing was a actually a good gauge of how much ego were in my comments.

If I wrote something really inspired and heartfelt in the spirit of sharing and contributing it got alot of likes.

If I wrote something without much consideration and a tinge of arrogance it didnt get any likes.

That was pretty cool to notice.

Ya. I was getting some depth self awareness in that also. Just, kinda, boring now (in that regard).

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nexeternity said:

@Leo Gura   

Not always true, some of my posts are the proofs.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

All my posts have awareness, self and ego in them otherwise I wouldn't be able function like a human being enough to post it... well, that and neither the dog or cat can type.

Thank goodness the reputations are gone. This place felt like an early facebook with that damn like button. 

Other things I hope Leo considers 

• Removal of post counter 
  • Removal of the personal text box thingy under each reply 
  • Removal of the personal profile page (or at least make it more private). 
Edited by Alii

I really like the new system. Everything is much clearer and the Hierarchy on the forum feels a lot more flattened out. It’s easier to just read everyone’s comment without getting distracted about how high they are up the ranks. 

@Leo Gura

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On the subject of the higher quality post needing to stand out: Those already get highlighted with the FEATURED function. 

13 minutes ago, F A B said:

No post counter

aff.jpg

God is love

And God in them

Overall I don't like the change. I agree with removing those ranking titles and total rep count, etc. Having the rep counts on individual posts is useful. There's a reason why websites like StackOverflow are so damn useful. In addition to being useful for highlighting good posts, you join the forum to connect with others and relate thoughts, experiences, etc. Up-voting individual posts is a way to say "I'm resonating with what you're saying!"  This is satisfying to both the upvoter and the upvotee. I find myself reaching for the button often when browsing. I don't usually feel like writing a post to agree with someone is useful. The upvote button is a way for content consumers to have a voice in the discussion as well without further cluttering it.

On the other hand, the user based rankings and titles were not useful. They favor high frequency posters and reward quantity over quality. 

Also, what happened to forum notifications, mentions, etc?

1 minute ago, hundreth said:

Also, what happened to forum notifications, mentions, etc?

You can turn them back on in the notification settings