Leo Gura

Discussion: The End Of Reputation & Rank?

264 posts in this topic

Plz do it.

It's the last thing I identify to !

Well, except that I think I'm a hooman ofc :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Leave everything as it is but get rid of the up-votes.  If you need to look at an up-vote to know whether a post is good -- you need to put your thinking-cap on better.

ON THE OTHER HAND -- it does let you find out what other people like about your posts.  You find out who digs your posts.  That's useful information.  I've learned which people are like-minded to me.

On second thought -- just leave everything as it is Leo.  Maybe do a post on the etiquette of the up vote and how it should be used.  Sometimes I use it inappropriately myself.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Shin Lol. Reminds me of this post I made..

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

2 minutes ago, sgn said:

@Shin Lol. Reminds me of this post I made..

S o rry can't upvote, i'm on the phone and i'm too lazy to turn it 90° .

:ph34r:

God is love

And God in them

On 1/3/2018 at 7:31 AM, blazed said:

@Leo Gura

Do it!

Leo the best thing you can do is limit a 1 POST per hour on these forums so people choose wisely what to say. 1 Thread opening per day too.

You've created an environment of chitter chatter and bullshit.

I'm on the verge of adding actualized.org to my block list because all this mental masturbation is such a time sink but it's kind of addictive to look at the page in-between breaks, but i know deep down this all farce bullshit.

I got a virgin boy giving me advice about sex and relationships with authority.

This is a pretty obnoxious thing to say.  Are you including yourself in this pretentious statement?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'm unconvinced that high reputation on a user or a post signifies quality. Mostly I think it signifies agree-ability. Am I going to upvote someone I disagree with? Seems unlikely. Does that mean their post is any less quality? If I'm being honest with myself I probably upvote more often when someone is saying something I personally agree and I'm just reinforcing myself. When someone says something truly challenging that will help me grow it's probably going to irritate me before it'll make me upvote them. 

If _everyone_ agrees with what you're saying, chances are you're probably not saying anything new or interesting. If Jesus posted here he'd probably have a shitty rep-ratio. 

upvote if u agree thx

@Shin Lol posted it in the wrong thread!

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

LEO fix the notificatios when somebody makes a quote, otherwise they'll be ignored and that's a problem.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:03 PM, Arman said:

I'm unconvinced that high reputation on a user or a post signifies quality. Mostly I think it signifies agree-ability. Am I going to upvote someone I disagree with? Seems unlikely. Does that mean their post is any less quality? If I'm being honest with myself I probably upvote more often when someone is saying something I personally agree and I'm just reinforcing myself. When someone says something truly challenging that will help me grow it's probably going to irritate me before it'll make me upvote them. 

If _everyone_ agrees with what you're saying, chances are you're probably not saying anything new or interesting. If Jesus posted here he'd probably have a shitty rep-ratio. 

upvote if u agree thx

Not only that, but often someone with a high reput counts will have lots of points for no reasons, just because he has a lot of points in the first place.

Sometimes it's not even interesting or funny ...

:ph34r:

God is love

And God in them

I like the function. it gives some of information. it is also a quick way for saying thank you. if you turn off many people write thank you messages...i dont want to read them

maybe you make a function where everyone can decide for theirself to blend the number of likes it in or out

In my opinion, all ranking and achievements promote the ego. I have no need for points, titles, etc. as I find my ego liking these things too much. Liking and ranking promotes group think. Having many likes or posts (or none) does not mean anything. Who would care if someone 'likes' something I said, or if I like what they said? Certainly not my/our true self...

Having said that, it is my responsibility and focus to detach from outcomes and let go of desires regardless of circumstance. This is not the only place in the world that promotes my ego. I'm ok with whatever happens. :) 

I think removing rep/titles would be a good thing. My ego wants rep, and it shan't have it.

@Leo Gura 

Just give everyone rank of God and distribute your company's income equally among us if we want to go into communism over feelings :) 

I say leave it how it is because the criticism of your own forum is untenable and whether these things exist or not will not remove egotism from the forum.

Anyone who takes this shit too seriously clearly needs to reevaluate themselves and if they are losing sleep at night because they are a spider monkey, well then they know they clearly have more work to to LOL. 

I think that the titles aren't really useful, because maybe someone who doesn't post that much and maybe one day post something really smart - people will  think " oh he is just a spider monkey" but maybe he just has a low rank because he used all he's time meditating instead of posting stuff... Maybe it would be better if the upvotes and titles didn't exist so people would think for themselves - on the other hand, I can see the usefulness of upvotes. Not the titles though. 

I'm all for removing anything you want. I personally like the thumb up. I don't feel like thumbs up are an indicator of the quality of a post nor will I judge anything regarding the number of thumbs it gets (that actually sound a tad silly) but I like to be able to give my support and approval like "What he or she said" in a second, without having to write a post "I agree with what this person said". That all I have to say xD

I would say that the use of reputation and rank system is the result of our nature as humans. If you, Leo, would remove it, we would find other ways to categorize each other..

To be honest I wanted to ask about this since i started writing here. On the one hand we want to develop to our highest self, on the hand we crave for upvotes. Paradox.

But at the end I say that removing something entirely would not change shit. But thanks for asking.:)

Edited by supremeyingyang