expeditus

Blocked Focus

10 posts in this topic

hi everyone, i have this problem that whenever i watch leo's videos Im having a hard time focusing and i cant sometimes absorb what he is saying and my mind is flying elsewhere and its MindFUll I having a hard time focusing does leo have any video about concentration? and can u give me an advice for this concern i hope you can help me thank you. Do You think its my ego? I am willing to actualize its just that this problem is really on the Way. 

Edited by expeditus

@Shiva articulated it perfectly. Do nothing but listen and pay attention to the video - and take notes if you like.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Read deep work it's all about how to improve your ability to concentrate 

@expeditus

the issue is obviously very simple. Your mind is out of control. The one and only way to fix this is to meditate. While meditating be aware of everything and especially thoughts coming in, each time a thought invades your focus/concentration you simply switch back to paying attention to your breathtaking. And this might happen many times while meditating but that is the whole practice, to win from the ego. And I promise you after a week of daily meditation you won’t or have just 2-4 thoughts coming up during a whole session. After a month try to watch his video’s  and see what magic happens. 

After the exercise above, I recommend this method to perfectionize your ability of focus through sound. 

Meditate and be aware of everything that you hear, everything. This will train your sense of hearing which in my opinion is what you need.

goodluck and have a nice day

Edited by The black sheep

Thank You so much for your help actually im using my phone in watching leo i can understand what he is saying but my problem is really focusing to him thats why i prefer videos anyways these insights will help me lastly can i use the metronome to focus on instead of my breathing? Or is the breathing necessary to be used?

@The black sheep i am sorry but its not the only way the research on concentration (or deep work) says that its a skill that must be trained if you aren't good at it it's likely because you haven't trained your concentration that much or that you may have too many distractions going on which create attention residue (which make your concentration weaker everytime you switch your attention to a new task especially if its done quickly)

i have tryed meditating in the past but it doesn't help as much as deep work in terms of improving concentration

Edited by BjarkeT

5 hours ago, expeditus said:

can i use the metronome to focus on instead of my breathing? Or is the breathing necessary to be used

So first of all, now I am sure that you’ve never tried to meditate or have done it in the past, but wrong. Second, you can use everything to meditate as long as your a 100% in the now. You can walk and meditate, work and meditate but these are on a higher level (easy to get if your dedicated.) but first you need to start to meditate on something that is a part of your vehicle, your body. You can’t be a 100% focused on the sound and you can’t become the sound itself yet if you haven’t been getting to know what your lifelong vehicle actually (“actualized”) is. Like, get to know your body first by focusing on your breathing which is something that is (a part of)you and it’s a movement of energy through your body that only gets to a stop when you die. Even when the rest of your body is completely still while sleeping, the only thing that is going on is the breathing. Now, you’ve realized what your breathing actually (“actualized”)  is. Meditate on your beathing first, watch it carefully and be patient. A tree doesn’t grow in a day. Learn to be aware of something without getting distracted. Once you’ve decided to take this path seriously... then you will meet god. Gods God, by the way, this is not meant religous at all. 

Well, enough said.

Goodluck. 

1 hour ago, The black sheep said:

So first of all, now I am sure that you’ve never tried to meditate or have done it in the past, but wrong. Second, you can use everything to meditate as long as your a 100% in the now. You can walk and meditate, work and meditate but these are on a higher level (easy to get if your dedicated.) but first you need to start to meditate on something that is a part of your vehicle, your body. You can’t be a 100% focused on the sound and you can’t become the sound itself yet if you haven’t been getting to know what your lifelong vehicle actually (“actualized”) is. Like, get to know your body first by focusing on your breathing which is something that is (a part of)you and it’s a movement of energy through your body that only gets to a stop when you die. Even when the rest of your body is completely still while sleeping, the only thing that is going on is the breathing. Now, you’ve realized what your breathing actually (“actualized”)  is. Meditate on your beathing first, watch it carefully and be patient. A tree doesn’t grow in a day. Learn to be aware of something without getting distracted. Once you’ve decided to take this path seriously... then you will meet god. Gods God, by the way, this is not meant religous at all. 

Well, enough said.

Goodluck. 

Thank You So much!! 

Block in your time to focus too. Don't expect pure focus all day when you come from a society where everything is unfocused.

@expeditus Set a mindset of what you’re looking for - how it’s useful to you, how it’s applicable to your life - what’s around you right now, then watch it. He, like everyone, are literally only talking to you. That’s you, talking to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE