Guest Annetta

If you were to suggest one book...

10 posts in this topic

If you were to suggest one book that you have read that has changed your life for the better, what would it be and how did it change you?

Ok go! ?

"the power of now" by eckhart tolle. introduced me to spirituality.

6 hours ago, Annetta said:

If you were to suggest one book that you have read that has changed your life for the better, what would it be and how did it change you?

Ok go! ?

YES SIR! My greatest book (= the book that most changed me to the better) for a 20 year olf men would be 'The Game'. Even though that most of the book are stupid failures in a row, there was a message in that. I think it was like that: You can chase relationships, sex and money but if you are not fulfilled on the inside.. that's nothing. And I'm not even into cold approach Pickup, because of the warnings in this book.

Also there where a lot of tips for studies, for example the new Tyler Durden or Tony Robbins or the Tao te King. The book takes a topic (getting laid) that most uncessful, miserable men are interested in and helps them to change them for the better.. The next book 'The Truth' is about open Relationships and again If you are not fulfilled on the inside.. that's nothing.

3 hours ago, Ilya said:

"the power of now" by eckhart tolle. introduced me to spirituality.

Word.

40 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The Alchemist

Really?

"The Wisdom of Insecurity" by Alan Watts. It explains in a very clear way why there is no separate self.

Unworldly Wise; As the Owl Remarked to the Rabbit, 1974, Hong Kong University Press. ISBN 0-85656-103-7

The rabbit, looking up, said to the owl, while ingesting several inches of grass, 'I often wonder why you open your eyes when it's dark and keep them closed when it's light?'
'When I shine,' replied the owl, 'there is no darkness, for darkness is only absence of light, and then I observe you perpetually eating whatever the earth brings forth; when I cease to shine nothing whatever can appear.'

'Then our worlds must be different?' suggested the rabbit.
'There are no worlds,' snapped the owl, with a click of his beak, 'other than what appears when I shine.'

'And what appears when the sun shines?' suggested the rabbit.
'I am the sun,' concluded the owl; 'what you think you see is only a reflection in your split-mind.'

'Is that so indeed?' replied the rabbit, twitching her nose dubiously. 'Then why do you and the sun not shine at the same time?'
'I am "time",' added the owl, 'and all "time" is my time. Moreover at this "time" I am beginning to feel hungry.'

'All right, all right,' sighed the rabbit - as she dived hastily into her burrow.

Edited by zazed

So good they can't ignore you by cal newport

it gave me a clear direction on what to do with my career 

Edited by BjarkeT