Ether

Do you meditate?

37 posts in this topic

@Ether no, I will be mystical and say meditation does me so that my comment is more flashy

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Yes. 1 hour of strong determination every day.

More time = more reputation points eh? :P 

Well, I do 1 hour in the morning, half an hour in the afternoon.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

It could be said that Awareness 'contemplating' is all there ever is, but the time-bound maya-me is imagined doing it occasionally, when it isn't imagined not doing it.

Yes but I prefer yoga and walking meditation and skip many days of classic sit down meditation. I want to get more disciplined. My very first meditation session was brilliant and a few other sessions have been as good but seriously my very first attempt was one of the most profound. I use it more for stress relief and physical aches and pains more than searching my spirit for the truth atm.

@star ark I do yoga as well, and a main part of yoga is concentrating towards samadhi. Whichever path to enlightenment you choose, there is no escaping meditation.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 01/01/2018 at 10:48 PM, star ark said:

Yes but I prefer yoga and walking meditation and skip many days of classic sit down meditation. I want to get more disciplined. My very first meditation session was brilliant and a few other sessions have been as good but seriously my very first attempt was one of the most profound. I use it more for stress relief and physical aches and pains more than searching my spirit for the truth atm.

yeah, my first meditation session wass the one i completly was at peace

I meditate 90min of Vipassana daily although I feel that I will explore other techniques soon. I have decent results although feel like results could be better. I suck at mindfulness during the day.

Go to the part where meditation do you.

Can't escape your own bullshit anymore, what a bitch !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

As far as being serious about it as a path to self-betterment, I'm new to it. I've done 30-40 mins a day for the past 2 months and love the way it makes me feel, even when I'm NOT meditating. 

Yes.  For 30 mins each day.  In the morning.  I like do nothing meditation.  Vipassana meditation is also kinda cool, as you are focused on your breath.  So, I switch between those two.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 minutes daily, I am 5 days in, it's my longest streak in row. xD I am very bad meditator, but I am at peace with that, which makes me very good meditator? Does it?

No. I lack discipline. Sometimes I do, I see the value of doing it, but still can't go through that resistance for the "long term goal".

My intuition (and beliefs) says I'll get "enlightened" in this life, without having to do anything about it (I have nothing to decide, everything happened already).

My whole life is a practice, I don't separate "meditation" from "non-meditation".

Just now, John Lula said:

1 hour a day of letting everything be as it is - do nothing. (been slacking of to 30 minutes lately thoug..) 1 hour is the ideal for me.

@Psyche_92How does 2 hours differ from 1 on a daily basis for you?

If you do 2 hours everyday for several months, you will literally see reality differently at some point.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin

Sure, but results are so light that sometimes it's hard to know if there are any. But I believe that my meditation gave me much. At least I hope so. 

10 minutes ago, Amadeusz said:

@Shin

Sure, but results are so light that sometimes it's hard to know if there are any. But I believe that my meditation gave me much. At least I hope so. 

That's because you acclimate to it.

If I had the experience of my past self, then my actual experience 2 years ago

I would have think I'm awaken.

God is love

And God in them