Jonson

What should I eat ?

15 posts in this topic

What foods should a 17 year old male eat  ?  

Should I eat meat  ? Is it ok to eat meat  in moderation  ? 

My mom buys stuff that I think is healthy like : lens , beans , potato ... so she prepares normal kinds of meals. 

but sometimes she also buys cold meat stuff , like this : felvagott.png

I have some acne and I want to get rid of it . I exercise sometimes .  I'm pretty muscular , not buff , just fit , maybe a bit skinny. 

Any advice ? thanks  

Edited by Jonson

I would suggest not listening to anyone on how you body responds to foods other than your own body's feedback. This means eating a certain diet for a few weeks to see how you feel; then change your diet to another diet and see how that feels. 

But it is logical to see that one should stay away from eating a ton of processed foods and eat make sure they each mostly, densely nutritious whole foods. Make sure you are getting enough green veggies and complex carbohydrates like spinach, green lettuce, kale, ( the darker the better) lentils potatoes, yams, rice, whole grains etc. The occasional junk food here and there will not harm your body.

You do not need to eat a ton or any meat at all, if you wish to not eat animals, for whatever reason, until your goal is gain more muscle, but if you do, make sure they are humanely raised and grass fed. If you eat fish, make sure they are not farmed.

In regards to your ance, it could be genetic or it could be you're eating too much processed animal products and fats. Try going whole food vegetarian for a few weeks or drastically reduce your meat consumption while upping your complex carb consumption. Protein and carbohydrates are both 4 calories per gram so if you cut your meat consumption by 3/4, you could add 3/4 more carbohydrates and should see no increase of fat as the calories you're eating daily would not change.

2 hours ago, Angelo John Gage said:

I would suggest not listening to anyone on how you body responds to foods other than your own body's feedback. This means eating a certain diet for a few weeks to see how you feel; then change your diet to another diet and see how that feels. 

But it is logical to see that one should stay away from eating a ton of processed foods and eat make sure they each mostly, densely nutritious whole foods. Make sure you are getting enough green veggies and complex carbohydrates like spinach, green lettuce, kale, ( the darker the better) lentils potatoes, yams, rice, whole grains etc. The occasional junk food here and there will not harm your body.

You do not need to eat a ton or any meat at all, if you wish to not eat animals, for whatever reason, until your goal is gain more muscle, but if you do, make sure they are humanely raised and grass fed. If you eat fish, make sure they are not farmed.

In regards to your ance, it could be genetic or it could be you're eating too much processed animal products and fats. Try going whole food vegetarian for a few weeks or drastically reduce your meat consumption while upping your complex carb consumption. Protein and carbohydrates are both 4 calories per gram so if you cut your meat consumption by 3/4, you could add 3/4 more carbohydrates and should see no increase of fat as the calories you're eating daily would not change.

Thanks for your advice !  :) and thanks for taking the time and effort to respond :) 

1 hour ago, Caterpillar said:

You can stop eating meat for a week or two and see if it makes you feel better. I think that's the best way to find out.

:) I'll try it , thanks

1 hour ago, Star Net said:

Hi @Jonson

Read about Garlic ...., 

:) 

@Jonson Go plant-based for a month and if not satisfied go back to meat.

If you do, eat meat in moderation and stay away from these kinds of meats in the photo (hotdogs, bacon, etc) These are the worse meats in terms of health.

Ideally, study nutrition on your free time to get the big picture view and play around with your diet to find the ideal one for you. 

Start by eliminating the foods you know are bad for you, e.g. Fast food, soda, etc. I know that’s not the answer you may not want to hear but just start with that. Don’t overthink this issue. I’m friends with nutritionists that are part of Team USA and what not and when you talk to these guys you really start to learn that most of this industry of nutrition is an industry made up of fads. 

I have friends who’ve medaled in the Olympics in my sport (Track, Middle/Long/Ultra Distance Running, etc.) and also of various different lifestyles and really what diet comes down to is what you’re after with it. There is no universal diet. If you’re an endurance athlete training for 100+ mile distances, your “perfect” diet is going to be very different than that of someone that’s simply training to lose 50 pounds. 

One thing I can’t stand is when people try to compare the way ones body breaks down food, certain types of food, etc. I can’t even remotely explain how different everybody’s metabolism is. I’m 6’0 and 135 pounds and I’ve never in my life had to limit what I eat. My body has a freakish metabolism where I’m very fortunate that I can eat LARGE quantities of almost any kind of food and still not gain weight. However, there are guys with my frame who can’t afford to eat like me. So my point here is to stop looking at what’s working for others so much but rather to see what your body responds to. I know that’s not technical but that is the best way to find out what works for you. 

Most important though, you need to figure out what your aim is with nutrition and what you eat. Do you love food? Are you a food geek much like me where you’re in love different styles of food BUT can’t get away with doing what someone like me can do where you eat whatever you want without worrying about weight? Or are you an athlete? Ask yourself these kinda questions.

hope this helps!

If you want to get rid of acne you must quit dairy and wheat(gluten) products and limit processed foods and concentrated oils. Instead of using oil use the whole food the oil is sourced from to get your healthy fats. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and drink a lot of water and exercise daily(bust a sweat=release toxins via skin), get sunlight and spend fair amount of time in nature.

Always do things one at a time, and observe effects, how you feel, how your body feels, reactions you get, ect... then find what works best for you and where you feel best. When you feel good you look good too :)

B R E A T H E

@Jonson As close to raw organic whole foods as possible. Try as much as possible to avoid:

• Proceeded foods
  • Packaged foods
  • Sugar/Syrup
  • Processed meats
  • Products containing wheat
  • Non-organic fruits/veggies
  • Soda
  • Junk food
  • Candy
  • Fried food
  • Blackened food
  • Transfats
  • Artificial butters/oils
  • Artificial colorings and chemicals
  • Products containing dairy: milk, cheese, butter, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jonson I’ve been trying to take care of my own food lately. My mom makes amazing food but sometimes there is food in there that doesn’t support my psychological and spiritual growth. So I’ve been trying to take more responsibility on this myself. 

Try to become creative, do research on what food aligns with your personal development and create your own dishes that make you excited and feel energized.

I started with steaming vegetables such as brocolli, carrots, and red bell peppers. I love this dish a lot and it gives me much energy and doesn’t bog down the mind.

Pick some healthy foods and start experimenting with creating you own dishes, it can be very enjoyable and satisfying.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Rice, hummus, different types of nuts and seeds like sunflower seeds. Good oils, broccoli, good quality water. Are some things to consider.

Broccoli for instance regulates your "sex" hormones reducing estrogen. Estrogen in men  simply makes you more feminine and builds belly fat.

Remeber to mix up your diet, it's easy to find one thing you really like and even though it's healthy it's important to mix it up.

Edited by Spiral

This is the stuff I eat everyday. 

I don't always cook beans or have cheese at home but I always eat eggs fish/chicken and lots of greens.

it doesn't feel very exciting when your eating, but after... you can physically feel your body thanking you. 

Always eat before you go out and you will have no desire whatsoever to touch any of the garbage corporations try selling you everyday. 

IMG_5485.JPG

On 1/2/2018 at 5:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Jonson As close to raw organic whole foods as possible. Try as much as possible to avoid:

(...)

Word.

20 hours ago, Shiva said:

Your body knows best what it needs. Just be sensitive to it.

Not if you have a bad eating habit..

12 hours ago, JOEE said:

This is the stuff I eat everyday. 

Really nice. I'm a vegetarian but think about eating fish.. What kind of fish is that?

22 hours ago, Shiva said:

Having bad eating habits means not being sensitive to what the body really needs.

I believe that is not true. My Hypothesis is that you develop a taste, but there is no correlation with healthy eating. My proof would be that most people eat what they consider good - with the given results that I would label as 'not so good'. But proof me wrong. Do you have a source (honest question)?

Edited by supremeyingyang

On 1/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, supremeyingyang said:

Word.

Not if you have a bad eating habit..

Really nice. I'm a vegetarian but think about eating fish.. What kind of fish is that?

That is salmon, wild caught supposeably. I buy it frozen, so I defrost a piece like this with every meal. 

This meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare since I eat the vegatables raw. I try to be as efficient as possible so I minimize as much as I can.