Eva

Took LPC two times only to realise that I'm not yet ready for my LP

5 posts in this topic

In a way, I feel devastated and in a way in peace with this fact. I have taken Leo's LPC two times now, only to realize that currently, I have bigger issues in my life that demand my attention than finding my LP. Yet, LPC is wonderful to help you with developing craftsman mindset and perseverance, that's applicable to your other pursuits too. Also getting to know yourself so much better is useful.

In my weak moments, I'm ready to take on "just something" to get away from developing myself in other ways. But I'm trying to stay strong on this path to building foundations (looking inward) before settling on my LP (going for outward things). I also wondered if I'm just avoiding my LP by telling myself that I'm not ready for it yet. But that appears really to be the case here.

Has anyone else had this experience?
How did your journey end out to in retrospect?

3 minutes ago, K VIL said:

Yeah you may never get everything ordered in your life. You have to leap!

This is really something that I keep wondering. Is it just the fear of leaping or are the genuine reasons for not being ready and will they ever get better. Who do you know?

7 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

You planted the LP seed in your mind, now let go and let your subconscious do its work while you focus your conscious attention on other things you need to handle. As long as you keep having LP in the back of your mind as the most important thing you need to figure out and actualize, over time the answers will come to you. When they come, write them down in notes and over time start to form a realistic plan to actualize your LP. That alone is a good starting point and you can do it even while you have to attend to other things in your life. And you will find that even just knowing your LP and thinking about it/planning it/visualizing it in realistic terms, even if you're still not yet doing practical work to actualize it, that alone will still be a huge help in making you feel grounded and on purpose, and that will spill into other areas of your life too. 

Thank you so much for your answer. That makes a lot of sense to me.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, K VIL said:

Yeah you may never get everything ordered in your life. You have to leap!

Consider that  other areas of your life will improve once you are on your purpose.

It's the hardest thing for a reason, the payoff is incredible. 

I'm still on my journey...the very beginning. Yet I realize any excuse is just that.

Good luck :D

I was interested in the LP course because I have a fundamental personality trait: I get invested in everything, and then nothing ever pans out.  The deep cause for this, is a whole lot of "I'm not good enough" which comes mostly from my mom and older brother.  I took the LP course about 9 months ago and wanted to be a singer.  I have too many health problems that affect my ability to sing, so I started researching health.  Obviously when I run into an opportunity to sing (like going to vocal workshops with friends, or singing in the car, I don't hold back).  Now I think I want to study Ayurveda and massage therapy.  I am drawn to these because I have a really creative, compassionate mind.  And I also come from a relatively unhealthy, and RESISTANT part of America.  BTW I also have a degree in civil/environmental engineering.  And half of a teaching certificate.  And I'm also considering teaching English online as a way to make money for now to get out of debt.

I mentioned my mosaic of experiences and interests to a respected individual once who responded that she too also tends to draw on a rich tapestry of experiences.  Here husband (and co-business owner), however, wanted to impress upon me that I didn't seem committed, and that's why I failed at engineering.

If you read a New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle.  He talks a bit about micro-purposes.  I would prefer to live presently and dynamically and vibrantly celebrating all that I am, when I can, and as responsibly as possible.  Right now, I'm feeling some looming decision making though, and I need to deal with it!