Alien

Quitting coffee

19 posts in this topic

Im 17, im quitting coffee because it just doesnt make me feel good anymore. Makes me feel bloated and just sick in the morning. Is black tea an alternative for that? 

There are teas which does not involve caffeine. I would use those. I think black teas usually have caffeine.

Is drinking coffee habit? When you start to drink? How many times do you drink?
I think we need more info to help

@Him i usually drink in the morning 1 cup on workdays, but much more on weekends, like 4 cups a day which really messes with my meditation 

Nice, good luck. Some find it easier to taper down and drink less coffee over time as opposed to quitting cold turkey. 

You might want to look into raw cacao. I take a raw cacao powder often. I'm sure you could find a good recipe but I just put a tablespoon in water and down it. 

I believe it has a very small amount of caffeine, but what makes it a trillion times better than coffee is the theobromine. Theobromine acts a bit like caffeine, but it's much more mildly stimulating and longer lasting, and without a crash. Additionally the cacao boosts your serotonin which can support a good mood. And it doesn't spike your cortisol and lead to anxiety and jitters like coffee can.   

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

You're going to suffer for a really long time if you quit.  Have you ever tried Bulletproof Coffee?  I've switched to that for nearly two years now & I feel great with my two cups in the morning.   Maybe the coffee beans or product your using has gone bad or is too strong & you should try switching brands or going with a lighter strength.

My current system is:  2 cups Bulletproof coffee and then multiple cups of Green Tea throughout the day.  The Green Tea will take the edge off of the coffee.  If I tried to quit I'd never feell right in my brain so might as well just make it the best possible experience & look forward to it every day.   When I did try quitting in the past, I would drink Green tea all day long.

For me, it was really tough to quit my coffee drinking habit. Somehow, I managed to switch to green tea. Green Tea is helping me in my body metabolism, making me feel healthy.

19 hours ago, smd said:

You're going to suffer for a really long time if you quit. 

Cmon man. i have taken a break from coffee multiple times. You can get bad headache for few days and be tired as fuck, but then its done.

same with any addiction or substance, 3-5 days and the detox symptoms are over. Your mind might think ang crave, but ur body is fine after 3-5 days

Edited by Richard Alpert

You can try matcha green tea or cacao hot chocolate or yerba mate as alternatives which have much less caffeine and contain other chemicals which balance out caffeine's negative effects. If you want to go caffine free i know roasted maca and roasted dandelion/chicory are said to be good or medicinal mushroom teas like chaga (Inonotus obliquus).

I don't have experience with bloating and coffee maybe the milk is causing this? Processed Dairy is one of the worst foods for the human body. Drink these with water only for best results.

If i do ever have coffee i make sure its organic and just with water and a natural sweetener like honey but i rarely need extra energy because i don't drink coffee often so my body has a sustained release of energy mostly from whole foods and fruits.

Coffee Exhausts Adrenal glands and all shit goes south when adrenal glands are messed with.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

if you think that your mode is related to coffee drinking every morning and you want to feel control over your life then do it .

however, gradually decrease the amount untill you stop the coffee after 1 month period.

it's psychological empowerment !

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....

Coffe is useful and you don't need to quit it totally. 1 cup per day is usuaĺly good - at least for focusing your attention- try to start with mildly caffeniated coffe then decaf if you want or not. You can get caffeine from black tea, cola and choclate as well.

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....

so many antioxidants in coffee

it's good for appetite suppression if you are fasting, it's great to have a secret weapon that isn't speed to get work done

but it's addictive too

i never find it hard to drop back to one coffee in the morning so i suggest drop down to 1, keep it there for a while and then wait for a 2 week break from school or job or uni and cut it out completely. maybe you discover you made the right choice or maybe you discover less is more.

you will learn restraint as you get older, everybody does, otherwise everyone would turn into an alcoholic drugged up old codger sipping 1000 cups of coffee a day, eating a 100000 cheeseburgers a day and jerking off 24/7.

Green tea still has a little caffeine but high in antioxidants.

Red tea (Rooibos) is caffeine free with even more antioxidants.

I myself am quite attached to my 1 coffee in the morning then sometimes a tea in the evening :) Whatever feels right.

Edited by Ruby White

I quit coffee last firday because I have a free period. For me after 12 years of drinking 2-4 cups of coffee daily (I started when I was 14!) it's not easy. I am quite sensitive to cafeine and feel the effects almost imediately. Today was quite awfull. I woke up around 10 in the morning, even though I put my alarm at 6. I am craving food now that my body can't get the dopamine boost from coffee. I can't concentrate very well and procrastinated my day away. I felt a light headache, and overall grumpiness. For the rest I felt okay.... :P 

My main reason for quitting is that I hope it will make me wake up easier and earlier in the morning, with a clearer mind without needing those cups of drugs. :D 

@Alien How are you feeling now? Any problems in the process of quiting?

On 1/1/2018 at 5:00 AM, Richard Alpert said:

Cmon man. i have taken a break from coffee multiple times. You can get bad headache for few days and be tired as fuck, but then its done.

same with any addiction or substance, 3-5 days and the detox symptoms are over. Your mind might think ang crave, but ur body is fine after 3-5 days

I quit once over 10 years ago.  I couldn't think straight for 2 weeks & had a bad headache for about the same amount of time.

Eventually I'd find my way back to drinking coffee again.

at honestly don't see the point in quitting.  The Bulletproof coffee helps my train of thought for work.  If you follow Dave Asprey's concept of the brain being 100% fat & that using high quality fats in your diet produces a better brain, then it works for me.  Granted there are days where I sleep in & I'll just drink instant.

But my manager has been praising my metrics for the past several months, telling me that however I'm handling my work is something of a black art. There's nothing they're able to pinpoint as to what makes my work better than the others on my team, so they can't duplicate it to improve the team to be on par with me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other metrics to measure for self-development.  I really wish I had some that were as ruthlessly efficient as the ones we have for corporate day jobs.

Also, Richard, if I were to quit at all, it would just be for a detox to clean the system.  Then after that I'd be right back on top of it the next week. ;-)

Now a tribunal in california claims coffee is as risky as cigarettes are.... Hmmmm