WaterfallMachine

No one else exists, I’m alone, and it’s depressing.

33 posts in this topic

@WaterfallMachine It feels lonely to you because it is all yet another story for you. You just believe in it and you don't know it.  The fact is right now you are not alone. There are billions of other humans in this world. The fact that you are all one is just another story for you at this point. When time comes and you learn the Truth in your experience it won't feel lonely anymore. Because that who feels loneliness won't be you. You will be that who knows the experience but can't be "touched" by it. 

Now just go and practice the highest form of meditation and stop mental masturbation. The more you think about it conceptually the worse and more depressed you will get. Trust me. Once I was in your shoes. 

Stop trying to get Enlightened! Stop trying to escape the humanness! That is the main reason you are not Enlightened! 

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Dodo I think you answered your question.  For myself, I make distinctions between my experience and my thoughts about what infinity is, and I find clarity in it. I’m not suggesting it’s a one size fits all, ‘right’ thing to do. 

I also beat my own argument later by noticing that time is also within the absolute ? so God's experience is not one in a point in time ?

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Ironically, all the very convincing statements of 'you're not alone" are also appearing in absolute aloneness!

@WaterfallMachine I found this video to be very helpful on the topic of loneliness: 

Thanks for all the additional videos. I'll go watch them after I eat lunch.

@egoless Thank you for the video, and the insight about the loneliness. But I know I'm mental masturbating. I've been actively working on it for years, and after my post yesterday I meditated on these ideas again. I don't get why people seem to assume that everyone depressed should keep going with their recovery infinitum. Sometimes it's rushing the recovery and insight process without a break that makes it even worse, and if I do too much than just some amount over time, the more I avoid it for longer periods.

Trust me -- I'm not the type to sit around in mental masturbation. I'm more likely to overwork my butt off on this stuff, and self criticize myself of how much I'm not working on it too much. Many people grow by getting out their comfort zone, but when someone like me who grew up with trauma, I need to grow by finding a comfort zone I lack.

But that doesn't mean I'll keep going -- I will. Always will.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

"You are so alone that you could not even call it alone, because that would imply that there is another" - Papaji

@WaterfallMachine Remember everything is a lie and nothing is true until you experience it yourself without any language or constructed conceptions. However everything is the possibility at the same time!

You are the groundless ground of the Truth.

Edited by egoless

Maybe that is why 'God' does what he does.... To fragment himself into separate beings, in order not to be alone.

Just now, David1 said:

Maybe that is why 'God' does what he does.... To fragment himself into separate beings, in order not to be alone.

And he makes some so deluded that he would never be alone again xD #EgoRocks

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

And he makes some so deluded that he would never be alone again xD #EgoRocks

Yep, but sooner or later they'll all find out.

052720f847e2268a1e9170174d66fbb3c99ff8-v

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them