Azrael

Azrael's Awakening Anchor #1 | How To Solve Emotional Suffering

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Hope you're all good. After my awakening and permanent self-realization in May, 2017 my spiritual interest died down a lot. My participation on this forum went down, my spiritual practices came to an end and my whole journey imploded. This happened because I found the answers and tranquillity I looked for when I started. The answer that awakening and permanent self-realization gives you is the vanishing of the question you posed in the beginning of your journey. Your whole conceptual world comes to an end (mostly) and you live, think and talk mostly spontaneously and not pre-mediated. That's quite nice.

In the beginning of this new phase I had to adjust my entire life to this situation, so I needed quite a bit of time for that. A lot of new experiences and perspectives opened up to me and I took my time to investigate those. Right now it's the end of 2017 and I am still stable in non-dual awareness and mostly not contracted in my body. I also start to deepen my self-realization and push it towards "God Awareness" to go on with my journey. So I figure it's time to let you in on the techniques I researched and developed shortly before I woke up and that helped me to wake up permanently.

+++ Enter Azrael's Awakening Anchor #1 | How To Solve Emotional Suffering +++
I'm a big proponent of meditation. It's a great practice and the basis of everything we do. If you cannot sit with yourself and enjoy it, how can you ever understand your self? However, as we meditate and go on with our journey it gets clear that regular meditation is too slow and mild of a practice to give us the transformation that we want. That's why we have to develop accelerators on top of this basis.

The process I'll describe in a second is such a accelerator. It was developed by myself in January - February of 2017 and is based on a few other practices I know. It's main purpose is to solve emotional suffering and contraction of energy in your body. One of the big reasons you are not enlightened and always go back to sleep after a temporary awakening is that your body and mind are full of contractions that keep your ego in place. It is the energetic anchor in the nervous system that makes your ego, persona and body feel quite real and connected. It also makes your suffering feel quite real.

The method was tested on myself, @Huz and a friend of mine. I used it maybe 5-10 times in a span of 3 weeks to get rid of a lot of emotional suffering and contraction in my body. I did it with @Huz and he did it on himself as well and it died down most of his social anxiety almost instantly. My other friend cured most of his anger and had weeks of temporary awakening experiences after we did the technique once.

In my opinion the technique works best when you do it on someone else. The shift that happens seems to be deeper and its good to have someone to lead the process. However, it is possible to do it on yourself and still have a lot of changes happening. I am thinking right now to give away 3 free skype sessions for you guys to do this process - led by me. If you are interested, let me know in the comments. Also, I'm thinking to make a product out of this and help people with this process over a couple of weeks + consultation (also via a series of skype sessions). So if you'd be interested in that, let me know as well.

+++ The Technique: An Interview With Your Inner Children +++
The process is rooted in the observation that all of the egoic and unintegrated roles that your ego plays arise from an contraction of your basic emotions

• fear / sadness
  • anger / rage
  • happiness / inspiration
  • love

Every role that you play takes the raw energy of a subset of these emotions, contracts them in your body / mind and lets a thought story arise out of this contraction to express the energy. The problem is that these roles -> thought stories -> contracted emotions -> raw contraction of energy are anchored in your body / mind (aka nervous system) and get triggered all throughout your day. Because you have a lot these contracted roles and one role can trigger another role, you live in the illusion of a conceptual world of suffering.

if you were to experience a subset of these 4 basic emotions in their uncontracted normal form, you wouldn't suffer. You would only have an intense, emotional experience. That's why it sometimes feels good to be in anger / rage or to melt in fear / sadness. Although other times, it seems like it destroys you (-> contraction).

Based on this conceptualized observation, we need to find a way to unravel these contractions to let them out of your system. One very direct way to do this is to give a subconscious, uncontrolled emotion a conscious voice to express its situation and to understand its position.

+++ The Technique's Technicalities +++
The actual technique works in the following way (if you do it on yourself).

1. Sit down comfortably on a chair / cushion.
  2. Repeat the following steps for every basic emotion {fear / sadness, anger / rage,  happiness / inspiration, love}
    1. Close your eyes and visualize a moment in your life in which you experienced the current emotion very strongly. Let your whole body sink into the emotion. Let it arise where it typically arises in your body. Think the thoughts it triggers when it comes up. In other words: Let the damn thing come on.
    2. Interview the emotion. That means ask the emotion a question and then answer the question from the standpoint of the emotion. Your questions should aim to "get to know" the emotion, its purpose, goal, its relationships with people, other emotions, yourself and the work that it does for you.
    3. Find a way with the current emotion to work better together with it in the future. That means work out a solution so that it can flow freely and you can live with it uncontracted and free.
    4. Open your eyes, stretch, think about what the emotion said and how you can live with that and go on with the next one.

When you start working with this technique you will have to "play" the emotion's role. That means that you ask a question and you have to answer it from the perspective of the emotion. After doing this for 2-3 minutes, the emotion will come on so strongly that it'll take over and it will feel very real. I had numerous psychedelic-like experiences doing this technique. You might also experience big shifts in consciousness / awareness + a big opening of your body.

+++ An Interviewer's Template For Each Emotion +++
To make the process even simpler, I'll share with you a template that I developed over time that works quite well. Use this in this order for every emotion you interview and add follow-up / deepening questions for your own usecase:

• Question: Who are you?
  • Possible Answer: I am fear.
  • Question: How do you feel?
  • Possible Answer: I feel quite ...
  • Question: Where are you located in my body when you arise?
  • Possible Answer: I typically arise in your ...
  • Question: How and when do you arise?
  • Possible Answer: I come up when ...
  • Question: When was the first time you can remember that you came up?
  • Possible Answer: When you were ... years old, I came up while you were ...
  • Question: What is your job and main goal?
  • Possible Answer: My job is to protect you from ...
  • Question: Do you sometimes work together with other emotions? If yes, with which and how?
  • Possible Answer: Yeah, I sometimes work together with ...
  • Question: Do you have enemies? If so, which ones and why?
  • Possible Answer: Yeah, I hate ...

[...]

• Question: What could we do to live more integrated together in the future?
  • Possible Answer: You'd have to ...

I hope you get the idea. Your main goal here is to fully understand and characterize every basic emotion and through that integrate it. It's very important when you do the interview, that you speak as "I the interviewer" and "I the emotion" so that you fully identify with your current position. It'll be strange at first, an then it'll be awesome and deep. Trust me.

+++ Further Notes +++
So that's the basic technique. When you do it with someone else over a series of times there are more elements to it. But this is the main bullet that you need to do it with yourself. if you do it formally as I described it, close your eyes throughout the interview of each emotion an then open your eyes at the end of each interview and contemplate what just happened and what to with it. Then get out of your current state (as good as it might feel) and hop on to the next emotion.

Explore how they work together, where they come from, how they contract and how they are triggered. Get the most accurate characterisation of each emotion on the intellectual, emotional and energetic level that you can get. Especially the first few times you do it, get deep and take your time. You'll notice a big release of tension in each sitting and after it which will be permanent.

When you notice throughout the day that you feel contracted, you can also make a mini-interview and just ask yourself "Fear, are you that? Rage is it you? ..." and ask what is happening and why it is happening. That'll in most cases end your contraction pretty fast and bring you an even deeper understanding of your emotions.

--

Try it! Let me know how it works for you and ask any questions that you have. Are you interested in a one-on-one skype session with me leading this? Maybe I'll throw 3 free sessions out there, if you guys are interested and it works for you. Are you interested in me making a product out of this, where we'd have multiple skype sessions with consultations + this technique over a period of time to integrate your emotions completely? Let me know. I will think about that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to make more of these Azrael's Awakening Anchors to share what helped me to wake up. Peace out and be good to yourself.

Cheers,
Az

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Very nice, thank you so much!

I'm very interested in a Skype session.

Cheers!

This is very similar to The Sedona Method and The Letting Go Technique, where you just allow yourself to feel something as deeply as you can and release the energy trapped.

Edited by Afonso

@Azrael  I like it. It strikes me as solid self inquiry, but with a guide / coach. I think it could be very useful.  Taking the time is the most important thing! Could help someone who isn’t doing it on their own, due to not facing the fear of their buried past. Any distinguishments from this?  https://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-and-dianetics-auditing/what-is-auditing.html Also, I have witnessed the E-meter being used. It is helpful in the sense, it is very convincing to the subject. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I would love a free session - not finished reading the post yet though! But wanted to get my name down quickly x

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The most important aspect of my interview method is that you speak as the emotion and not about it. In Auditing - as I understand it - you mostly go back to experiences you had and relive them.

Just now, Nahm said:

@Azrael awesome.   And ‘disidentify’ I presume? 

Not directly. You identify completely with the emotion to understand every aspect of it. You characterize its past, present, future feelings, tasks, jobs and relationships. Through that you get to know this aspect of yourself (that you normally suppress / try to meditate away / take drugs to get away) and respect and listen to it (maybe the first time in your life). Through that you make a huge ball of unconscious pressure conscious and release it. That in the end lets the contraction go which results in disidentification.

Love it! I'm going to try this on my own.

I think the secret to this technique is that you own the emotions that come up. By owning instead of labeling, you reintegrate the shadow.

Cheers.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Ahh I love this stuff, awesome! 

How did your relationships and interactions with people change since the awakening? @Azrael

Living without self is such a strange something for me. There is a belief that for interaction and communication to exist, there first must be a self to think and have a position to something.

Also, I’m very much interested in a guided skype session. That would be awesome

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I can already see the potential of this exercise. Awesome! This reminds me of the Pixar film “Inside Out.” Kinda like acknowledging and owning up to these experiences by imagining what it’ll be like to be in there shoes. 

8 hours ago, jjer94 said:

I think the secret to this technique is that you own the emotions that come up. By owning instead of labeling, you reintegrate the shadow.

Exactly. Labelling is great to identify sensations, emotions & thoughts however you still keep them at a distance. This method clears out the contraction that arises when you push a subset of the basic emotions away.

7 hours ago, Max_V said:

How did your relationships and interactions with people change since the awakening?

I am more honest, direct, funny and less manipulative. Basically because I don't pre-mediate my talking and just spontaneously talk and find out as I talk what I say.

I really like this.

I saw that all my emotions are asking for more presence.

Fear sometimes indicates what I have to do, out of love.

Sadness shows how things could be or how good the world could be if things were diferent.

Anger helps set healthy boundaries and enforce them.  It can also inspire me to go for my happiness.

Happiness and inspiration always asks for expression, for action.

Love asks for openness, for vulnerability

I need to do this more...

Thanks @Azrael  for making this!