egoless

Stay Human!!! (Trip Report)

79 posts in this topic

@Outer my realization does not mean that I am complete in any ways. I will still have to work on myself to live the conscious life. By conscious life I mean not identifying with separate “entities” such as mind, thought, body or etc.. but rather to see myself as the knowing of this whole human experience which is ultimately  part of the god’s infinite being. That does not mean that mind, body or egoic desires are bad. No, not at all. It is all part of the same experience. And you are the knowing of it.

Ultimately there is no separation but at the same time there is the separation between finite and infinite. That is the paradox. And that’s what many don’t understand in my opinion. Including me before this realization.

You can never become the infinite in your current form.

Edited by egoless

@egoless You've only glimpsed the infinite, if you grasped what it really meant to be infinite you would have experienced existential terror. 

7 minutes ago, Bebop said:

@egoless You've only glimpsed the infinite, if you grasped what it really meant to be infinite you would have experienced existential terror. 

You don’t know what I’ve seen. :) but even so I don’t seek infinity anymore. That is not my “business” it is god who is infinite. I am not the god!

P.S. I agree that you can’t survive the entirety of infinity. But glimpse is enough to see that you are not the god.

Edited by egoless

1 minute ago, egoless said:

You don’t know what I’ve seen. :) but even so I don’t seek infinity anymore. That is not my “business” it is god who is infinite. I am not the god!

Based on your report it sounds very similar to one of my previous trips, it's on my profile if you want to check it out. After that trip I thought I had it all figured out as well but turns out I was wrong after having a very terrifying trip of seeing what the word God points to. Not trying to argue with you but just remain humble, there are still further realizations to be had.

7 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Based on your report it sounds very similar to one of my previous trips, it's on my profile if you want to check it out. After that trip I thought I had it all figured out as well but turns out I was wrong after having a very terrifying trip of seeing what the word God points to. Not trying to argue with you but just remain humble, there are still further realizations to be had.

I never said that I figured everything out.  The main realization here was that you are not the god. Human can never become the infinite. And that you stop chasing answers in that domain. The only “thing” you have/are is the knowing of god’s finite being in this world.

this realization also means that I stop chasing Enlightenment or any “epic” events. I realized that there is nobody to be Enlightened. 

Edited by egoless

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

The main realization here was that you are not the god. Human can never become the infinite.

That's where I disagree, infinite is one's true nature but it requires a dropping away of everything, including ego which is the false sense of self. 

I loved reading your trip report, it was very interesting.  

I've only had glimpses as well, but with every life changing experience, it followed with becoming very acquainted with death.  Sitting in the moment, seeing, smelling, feeling, breathing, and sinking so into the very moment like it is your last.  And knowing that someday it will be.

I believe one of the biggest preparations we can do for ourselves is to dance with death as though she were a faithful friend.  

Your trip sounds like facing Kali (god/death/infinity) with fear and the key is to approach her with love.  

Psychedelics can help with insights and catching glimpses of the devine, but from my experience mastering your death is also another route one can take.

Could you face death at this time with peace and love?

@Annetta there was peace and love in infinity. The fear only appears when you are becoming human again. Because human mind can’t survive the infinity.

you can not become infinity while still functioning in this world. That’s what they don’t understand. And that means that you are not god. But god is you. Paradoxical but that’s what I saw!

9 hours ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor there are stages of realization. Stop trying to understand my experience. It is mine. Yours is yours.

I’m not trying to understand your experience.  I’m trying to provide a context for the rest of your journey.  But as usual — you are resisting.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor From your point of view yes. But you don’t understand perspectives. That’s your problem here with trying to help me. Without understanding my experience or even experiencing what I did. You don’t know what you are talking about. Contemplate that. Become aware of perspectives. It will help you to become better helper in this world. :) 

Edited by egoless

Perhaps best not get too caught up in the 'name' game ... God, The Infinite, The Absolute, etc, all names for the nameless, mere descriptors, which then all imply an opposing concept, which implies duality, which implies illusory, which makes for these "It is this, but not that" discussions. Yes, to refer to it here, it must be named, but always keep in mind it's not the name.

Edited by snowleopard

16 hours ago, egoless said:

With the great respect to you Leo, I know what I saw and what universe told me very precisely. There is no true or false way. The only truth we have as humans is this life. Universe clearly made me understand to stop chasing the infinity. Universe also clearly made the point that being human is as divine as being of the god! There is divinity in everything and god tries to become the human through you! 

P.S. in case you wonder - it was not a bad trip. It was the most profound and the only true trip I ever needed...

I’d love to see Leo’s reply to this.  @Leo Gura

1 hour ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor From your point of view yes. But you don’t understand perspectives. That’s your problem here with trying to help me. Without understanding my experience or even experiencing what I did. You don’t know what you are talking about. Contemplate that. Become aware of perspectives. It will help you to become better helper in this world. :) 

I read your post thoroughly.  I can see pretty clearly where you are.  You are trying to seek Enlightenment.  You want it so bad that the Mind is coming right in there and making you go left when you should be going right.  This is why sometimes you hear people say — don’t seek Enlightenment.  The best way to get Enligtenment shifts — genuine shifts — is not to cling to thought-stories but to raise your awareness.   Then you let the shifts happen on their own.  You don’t seek!  That’s a trap. 

Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@egoless Oh, okay, I think I get what you're saying. 

So you experienced infinity, but through your own soul and that soul is separate but also one with everything?  And the level of it can't be achieved permanently while remaining in human form?  So God is telling you to simply 'just be' as a human?

Is my understanding correct?

1 hour ago, Annetta said:

@egoless Oh, okay, I think I get what you're saying. 

So you experienced infinity, but through your own soul and that soul is separate but also one with everything?  And the level of it can't be achieved permanently while remaining in human form?  So God is telling you to simply 'just be' as a human?

Is my understanding correct?

Yes somewhat correct now. :D 

But it is also important to understand what I mean by being human. I mean to be knowing of the human experience but not to identify with “separate entities” like only mind, body, feelings and etc. you are god’s knowing of this entire finite experience. 

Edited by egoless

16 hours ago, egoless said:

For all those who misunderstood my message. I found the perfect explanation of my experience by Rupert Spira. He is the greatest! Listen and maybe you will understand that ego is not a mistake! Ego is not the devil. Ego is no real separation. Ego is Willingly becoming finite so that infinite god can know itself more closely. This is the last explanation I give on this topic. Now sorry, I have the life ahead to enjoy ;) peace! 

I am sure you had some insights... The underlying message that you want to say is 'don't chase enlightenment, don't want to 'become' enlightened.'. 

But I see that you are struggling with the right words here.. Also, a word may mean different thing to different people, that is a huge problem with terminology.. each word not only has a meaning for every individual human being but also has a connotation. And, your post is very ambiguous because of the usage of words like 'God' and 'infinity'... 

But let me remind you,,, There will be a lot of temporary glimpses like this... But don't ever settle for a belief that 'I don't need any help hereafter, I found peace and got all the answers'... Because, after every glimpse of absolute truth, the ego immediately opens its mouth and wants to take credit for what happened...

There is a tendency in mind which stops people from letting go of the feeling of separation, and this tendency finds various cunning ways to stop you, to distract you or to trap you.. 

Sometimes, it will even say 'I am already enlightened, there is nothing I should do, everything is fine'... Even though this is true, the tendency of the mind to retain the separation can just parrot this to you just to reinforce the separation. I am not sure if what I said is clear, but I hope you understand what I say here..

Rupert Sipera says something very important in this video. As he says, there is a longing for letting go of separation but also a resistance or hesitation to do that... That is why people are afraid of intimate relationships. Because in intimate relationships, there is always a temporary oneness.. People long for this oneness and seek relationships.. But at the same time, there is also a resistance or hesitation to do that, which actually comes from the ego or the tendency of the mind to retain the separation... This tendency takes various shapes, uses various backdoors and brings various thoughts in your mind to justify the separation. Unless you bring in the awareness, you may not notice and rise above all that..

And when the lady in the video interrupts him and says something like 'ego is evil', Rupert says it is not so.. Because, ironically, it is the ego which calls 'ego' as evil.. It is the ego which divides, categories things like 'good and bad', 'past vs future', 'How I am and how I want to be', 'me vs world'... This separation that the ego creates is the 'original sin', if we take the story in Genisis metaphorically.. But the word 'sin' has the same negative connotation as the word 'evil'.. xD... In reality, nothing is a mistake or evil or a problem...

Ego is a part of the growth... Every person has to first develop it, which already happens anyway... Osho used to talk about a metaphor of ripe fruit...When the fruit is ripe, it automatically falls away.

If haven't already done so, I would suggest you again to read about the 'witnessing' meditation by Osho. It will be tremendously helpful to bring all the unconscious tendencies of your mind to awareness.

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam I know what you mean. And I agree with you mostly. This “witnessing” meditation happens naturally after that realization that I am god’s knowing of finite human experience. 

I know that I have to work a lot still on my self development and disidentifying with “separate parts” of human experience. But right now most of the time I experience myself as the pure knowing. I don’t call anything to what happened to me. It is too early to judge now. But you are right. You should never stop on the point thinking that’s it - I have arrived. There is nowhere to “arrive” to.

Edited by egoless