AlwaysBeNice

For those still worried about the brain/matter vs consciousness debate

40 posts in this topic

Quantum mechanics has solved this one with proof, and there's a whole host of other evidence that indicates the same

https://evidenceforthesoul.weebly.com/quantum-mechanics.html

And contrary to popular belief, it is not so difficult to understand imo, the second video might be a bit harder to understand but I found that if you take the time to study it, without letting yourself being sabotaged by the superstition and thought that you can't get it, you can understand that one as well.

Maybe but the brain-does-not-exist crowd does not appear to think much of science unless of course it appears to confirm their point of view.  

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

@Nahm so what’s your answer to the brain damage vs enlightenment question? Does there exist any type of injury to the brain that can negate your enlightenment? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@How to be wise what do you mean when you say enlightenment?

If sadhguru gets in a motorbike accident, is there any chance he will identify with his body when he wakes up in the hospital?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

28 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Nahm so what’s your answer to the brain damage vs enlightenment question? Does there exist any type of injury to the brain that can negate your enlightenment? 

That question becomes irrelevant if you know  even the conceptual meaning of Enlightenment. Which is pure knowing of the experience. You don't identify with the experience anymore you realize yourself as pure knowing. There is no material self to become Enlightened... Sadhguru is not Enlightened in that regard. No person as we conventionally think about person can be Enlightened...

Edited by egoless

30 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

If sadhguru gets in a motorbike accident, is there any chance he will identify with his body when he wakes up in the hospital?

From my experience (which is not awakening/enlightened but I am sensing on a bit of a deeper layer), that does not seem possible, the sense of being seems to really be beyond any fluctuations happening in the body mind, like as in deep sleep, but no one will convince you of any of this except for direct experience, I had one glimpse on mushrooms and it will be beyond clear, absolute knowing.

Because it's about going deeper/becoming less into the source, not gaining anything, realizing what already was true despite anything, I would say a mentally retarded person or a bird could become enlightened (and they already are as well).

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Quantum mechanics has solved this one with proof, and there's a whole host of other evidence that indicates the same

https://evidenceforthesoul.weebly.com/quantum-mechanics.html

And contrary to popular belief, it is not so difficult to understand imo, the second video might be a bit harder to understand but I found that if you take the time to study it, without letting yourself being sabotaged by the superstition and thought that you can't get it, you can understand that one as well.

Thanks for the videos! Are these 100% scientific? 

@AlwaysBeNice These evidences more imply that we live in a simulated reality. Could be also by outside world like in the thirteenth floor movie. Have you seen it? What makes you believe that we are the creator and creation rather than we are just inside the simulated reality?

Does does any of this bring Inner Peace, fulfillment and the presence of being now?

Edited by SOUL

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Does does any of this bring Inner Peace, fulfillment and the presence of being now?

I don't care about peace and being calm ultimately the only thing I care on this regard is the Truth with the capital letter! 

It might give motivation and trust to this process which will bring peace.

5 minutes ago, egoless said:

@AlwaysBeNice These evidences more imply that we live in a simulated reality. Could be also by outside world like in the thirteenth floor movie. Have you seen it? What makes you believe that we are the creator and creation rather than we are just inside the simulated reality?

It shows that matter and observation are intimately tied together, that a collapse of wave function (the creation of matter) can't happen on it's own, by it self. If you get the experiments, you'll just know it because you see it.

But yeah, this understanding is totally not the same as enlightenment.

Just now, Nahm said:

@egoless In my experience, it is subtle, and unconditional, and elusively, easily looked passed. It’s found in the calm, and in the peace.

I see the possibility that those are the byproducts of the Truth however they are not my main priority. However peace and calmness is the best state you could ever achieve... 

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

It might give motivation and trust to this process which will bring peace.

It shows that matter and observation are intimately tied together, that a collapse of wave function (the creation of matter) can't happen on it's own, by it self. If you get the experiments, you'll just know it because you see it.

But yeah, this understanding is totally not the same as enlightenment.

Than what do you think about that one. 

You have your eyes perfectly closed, you have ear plugs and your hearing is perfectly sealed as well ... and etc. your all perception channels are perfectly sealed. Then huge truck with an auto pilot run over you. What would happen? Nobody watches this experiment imagine it happens in the closed environment and then the scientists walk in after everything is done.

Everything is ultimately energy, matter is an illusion. All matter is simply condensed energy.

“Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual” – Richard Conn Henry