BobbyLowell

I just want to feel special

7 posts in this topic

I just want to feel special and appreciated and like I really matter. How can I give myself this without needing others for this????

Self love homie.. It's what a lot of people need, it will deflect some of/most emotional problems.

Edited by Panayama

Self love takes a while to really build up but you can try to accept your needs. If you're fine with them being there they won't bother you.

Lose the idea that you need someone else to obtain that feeling. It's years of conditioning and culture that has put you in the position, realize that you can and will be less socially dependent by simply looking inwards and finding appreciation for the being and existence that you occupy.

@BobbyLowell I feel you, dear. still struggling with it. Matt Kahn from True divine nature has helped me a lot though. try watching his videos on youtube <3 

whatever arises, love that

Omni is right. Quite recently I experienced 2 weeks of some kind of inner peace and relief from a similar stuff as you have. It's gone now, however. :P But it was like I decided that I've had enough, fuck it! I don't want to have a partner nor sex for the rest of my life, I give up the idea that I need these to have high self-esteem. And then I just completely focused on pleasing myself with movies, games, food etc. with the idea in mind that I don't have to do anything. You need to see how upbringing and culture fucks up your programming first. You are literally programmed to feel certain emotions only if some conditions are met. You need to understand how this programming doesn't really help you but sabotage you. Then focus on accepting these "bad sides of you" (what you lack, how "failure" you are etc.) and rebelling against the culture who has fucked you up. You must become your own authority in your eyes regarding what is right and what is not. So that you can now program yourself without someone else telling you what you are and what you should be/do.

Also understand this: people will not appreciate you, and you cannot be special. They cannot appreciate YOU, because they don't see YOU. They have a picture of you in their minds. They can only appreciate some illusion of you that they have created in their minds (if you give them some hints that perhaps you really are like blablabla). If you want to feel special and important, you need to impress yourself when you overcome some challenges and cater to your narcissistic side :)