How to be wise

Enlightenment and brain damage?

86 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@mp22 When proclaiming another's delusion, first make sure that you are not a victim of it yourself.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@mp22 When proclaiming another's delusion, first make sure that you are not a victim of it yourself.

I did not take 5-Meo but I took plenty of acid in the past. If I had set myself up to believe (through implied conclusions and leading questions) that the only truth is that I dont exist and I am awareness etc then I would likely have the experience you had. 

I am happy to accept that I could be completely delusional, can you say the same thing or do you think that you've discovered The Truth? by getting rid of brains you're getting rid of the only way to cast doubt on your experience.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

A picture of a horse is not a horse, and the appearance of physical is not physical. We can’t point to things and deduce what’s real or not when what we’re pointing to is an illusion, nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

All I can tell ya guys is, keep self-inquiring. You've no idea yet how deep this rabbit hole goes, and nothing I could say could convey it.

If enlightenment couldn't transcend the brain, it would be worthless and I wouldn't be talking about it, nor would any yogis or masters.

What good would spirituality be if it was subject to the limits of materiality and brains?? The whole point is that it isn't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All I can tell ya guys is, keep self-inquiring. You've no idea yet how deep this rabbit hole goes, and nothing I could say could convey it.

If enlightenment couldn't transcend the brian, it would be worthless and I wouldn't be talking about it, nor would any yogis or masters.

Can you refer to an other source that uses the same retoric as you about the brain? I don't deny that it's a dream, it really is kinda obvious. But if you get to the point where reality turns out to be nothing, why can't you recreate an other existence/illusion that is pleasant (what about fixing your brokeb leg or something), because you actually become God. Why do you fall back to the same existence with all its boundaries when you know it's a dream the the real you creates by layers of thoughts.

@Edvard It is pleasant if you are consciousness enough.

The only source that will work on you is the Absolute. You must access it directly. No other way will work.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Edvard It is pleasant if you are consciousness enough.

The only source that will work on you is the Absolute. You must access it directly. No other way will work.

Yeah yeah.. pleasant if consciousness. But why do you fall back to the exact same type of illusion if you drop your consciousness again?

@Edvard Cause how you are is what you are, and you keep insisting on being you.

Imagine, if you will, that you actually enjoy suffering, which is why you keep doing it.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If enlightenment couldn't transcend the brian, it would be worthless and I wouldn't be talking about it, nor would any yogis or masters.

What would spirituality be worth if it was subject to the limits of materiality and brains?? The whole point is that it isn't.

I understand your preference to be silent on this matter. But let me ask you one and final question on this. Have you transcend the brain already? If you say yes I have no longer questions for you and I prefer you to be silent on this topic.

@egoless I am not silent. I have explained it all in the Absolute Infinity video. The problem is that it cannot be understood by the mind even when perfectly explained. You must access it directly.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless I am not silent. I have explained it all in the Absolute Infinity video. The problem is that it cannot be understood by the mind even when perfectly explained. You must access it directly.

Do you make a possibility that you may become silent after your full realization? Is it possible that you no longer want to be mediator of the Truth?

BRRAAAIiNNNNNS!!!!!!!!!

Francine Parker: They're still here.
Stephen: They're after us. They know we're still in here.
Peter: They're after the place. They don't know why; they just remember. Remember that they want to be in here.
Francine Parker: What the hell are they?
Peter: They're us, that's all, when there's no more room in hell.
Stephen: What?
Peter: Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Vodou. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth
When there is no more room in Hell the Dead will walk the Earth.       Dawn of the Dead.

Mind Body Dichtonmy: Am I the Mind(Often associated with the "Brain") or Body? Plenty of nerves in your gut, pumped full of or deprived of sertonin(Mostly produced in the gut) are you the same person, who knows?

@Edvard you’re already God, doing this. Your idea of God is the stumbling block, because it’s just an idea.  The only source to refer to is you. This is the purpose of the practices. 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Edvard you’re already God, doing this. Your idea of God is the stumbling block, because it’s just an idea. 

Of course it is, but do you need a lisence to use the word God? I'm not thinking of it as a belief. I just use that word. I've been on the side of Dawkins, and gone «full circle» on it. Sort of.

Edited by Edvard

@Edvard i love the Dawkins ref, me too! Awesome. I hear you on letting the definitions and thinking go. I can’t see where it would make sense for anyone to not say what they want to. 

Insofar as brain activity is a part of the phenomenal consensus construct -- i.e. the collective dream -- then it's valid to say that its activity is correlated to that construct. However, once that construct is transcended into non-consensus paranormal, transpersonal events, then any consensus construct phenomenon is, by definition, not applicable, and so it is at best speculation as to what, if any, correlation there may or may not be.  And, of course, to even offer an explanation requires the language and presumptions of consensus construct.  So it's probably a dead end conversation, as @Leo Gurasuggests.