The Blue Pearl (plus haiku)

6 posts in this topic

Etherial pearl, vivid & blue
kissing the absence with such fleeting luminosity
What madness do you beckon?

Uncertain how to conjure you
Beyond the horizon flickers an effulgent sea
It's no way I reckon

I wrote that Haiku about one of the more bizarre & inexplicable phenomenon I frequently encounter which is typically known as "the blue pearl". A blue dot or spec of light that just pops up in my visual field at random times throughout the day. Just a flicker as if someone swiftly triggered a laser beam of the deepest blue or indigo. It's size can vary but is typically small & it's in no way a bother, on the contrary - I consider it beautiful! There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this out there but it is experienced by various people. Some people call it "seeing the essence of the soul" which I'm personally not too keen on because I tend to consider the soul as the ego rather than the grand non-dual phenomenon that one could call "spirit" but semantics aside, I can see why it would be considered this way. Some have referred to it as an opening of astral vision. The third eye literally opening. There was a fun description from a cheeky little occult comic called "The Psychonaut Field Manual" (available as a free PDF) which advised that focussing on it would allow you to harness it & keep it going for longer periods of time until you develop the muscle to a point where your astral visualisations actually appear vividly including whatever "entities" may happen to be present. Of course if these are all thought forms & the astral plain is essentially the subtle material of thoughts or dreams which I tend to consider that it is, then yes, I suppose you would be seeing & creating whatever entities in whatever forms may be lurking on the subtle plain. It occurs to me that without great discipline, this could be terrrifying & would thus require great discipline/ knowledge/ experience to be integrated safely. However, if this is the case - how very, very cool! One Yogi wrote about how the blue pearl opened during meditation, how it engulfed him & took him to new worlds. Awesome huh? I'd very much like to know what (if any) experiences people have had with the blue pearl/ blue dot/ blue angel or whatever else it has been called because so far, all I've got experientially is this delightful luminous dot flashing up occasionally & rousing my curiosity.

@Binary Encoded Sunset You might want to look up the five dhyana Buddhas and learn about the celestial realms. It's very different from astral, though I'm not sure, perhaps there are astral planes that simulate it.

Have you entered the blue pearl?

Also look up Jan Esmann, if you're interested. He's had an experience with it.

But it might not be any of that. Could just be a visual from a concentration state or some astral phenomena.

Jan writes about the Blue Pearl here: http://truetantra.info/

I don't totally agree with his map because he seems to think kundalini is necessary for moving past basic self-realization, which it isn't. From what I've heard though, he has revised his position more recently.

"The Blue Pearl is the highest and seeing it is actually a blessing in itself, even though you may feel no different from it. If you are fortunate enough to enter the Blue Pearl, you enter an infinite cyan-blue space, or infinite void of supreme cyan-blue lovebliss. It fills the entire universe, yet the entire universe is contained in that small pearl. If you have this supreme experience, or reach this state (language fails: you ARE THIS), which is the most supreme any yogi can have, then you by definition become a Siddha: A perfected being. The term "Siddha" refers to a person who has been in (merged with) this Blue Infinity, at least temporarily."

@username  Thank you, Jan Esmann offers an attractive explanaton! No, I haven't entered or been swallowed by it although I see it regularly & have noticed that it's more likely to appear if I'm thinking about it & intuitively decide to move toward the experience of seeing it as remembered if that makes sense. This isn't something that typically shows up for me during meditation but simply & vividly during day to day activities. I regularly experience colourful hazes during meditation, typically  violet/ purple. Occasionally red if I'm ever in poor condition. Once during a particularly deep meditation involving the channeling of arousal, I disappeared & merged entirely with light - total white oblivion - was breathtaking but only managed that once. Wasn't exactly a blue infinity & there were no blue phenomenon... knowing what we do about the colours & white light leads me to think that "blue infinity" could be a substrate of "white infinity" but any kind of infinity being substrate to another infinity is a tough notion to digest. The colour of oblivion aside, that's a somewhat different description to the one from "The Psychonaut Field Manual". As much as I find the idea of becoming a "Siddha" & attaining a position in blue infinity seductive albeit temporarily, the concept of working on your ability to harness it for years as a "control your own hallucination" tool seem less grandiose & could probably also be used to create a visual day-trip to "blue infinity" so both could potentially be possible in that sense... of course yes, it could just be a basic visual or even some kind of result of a mental electrical overload.. but if it is a portal to astral sight in waking consciousness, then I can understand why some people would say that it contains the whole of being within it, because the ability to see your visualisation as if it were real would allow you to view any imaginable possibility!

@Binary Encoded Sunset There's difference between astral and celestial realms too though. You can tell by the energy, hard to explain.

The Red, White, Blue , Gold, and Green Celestial realms are all divine, non-astral

@username according to that particular Buddhist Cosmology, yes but I find the idea of any realm being more "divine" than another a tall order when all of non-duality  & it's inherent duality could be considered divine. I may be getting confused or not distinguishing properly between the multiple yet singular realm of dreams & an additional astral realm but in terms of spatial dimensions, from a phenomenological perspective, any space we encounter on any plane is a space that we can encounter & any imaginable plane can be recreated via lucid dream, & we could even call that a divine realm. The idea that an astral plane is not divine confuses me because nothing can be more divine than anyygthing else as far as I'm aware & that's why i take these cosmologies with a pinch of salt because no doubt they could be recreated & visited in lucid dreamland/ then given whatever names, meanings & suggested locations that whoever is describing them wants to apply. Unless we can weigh that map to the experiential territory & flesh out the rest with correlatory info as a tentative hypothesis.

Granted, I haven't looked very far into the the concept of Red, White, Blue , Gold, or Green Celestial realms so I should probably do that before speaking about them but that's my starting position. Thanks, I'll look further in that direction.

@Binary Encoded Sunset That's just wordplay though. Divine energy is just a name ascribed to a particular kind of energy, not the same as on the astral plane, but it's probably not worth worrying about the details unless you're tapping into them. Doing it prematurely would just cause confusion.

np