Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zunnyman

Leo, can you further explain the consciousness glass cieling?

14 posts in this topic

Hey Leo,

In your latest video, the marketing one, you were talking about how you can’t get enlightened if you work at mcdonalds or if you are in a toxic relationship, because eventually you would hit a point while raising your consciousness and would have to be like “oh shit, I have to leave this relationship” I am not quoting your exact words, just what I understood. 

After hearing that, I started getting paranoid because I would say I am in one decently toxic relationship that I feel would be impossible for me to leave, and have had a lot of struggle leaving, and I don’t want to not get enlightened. 

And in your previous enlightenment FAQ video you said, when you become enlightened it would be a lot easier to make decisions such as leaving a toxic relationship, etc. so I was waiting for post enlightenment to worry about this toxic relationship. 

I was wondering if you could shine some light on this, or if anyone else has some input they want to share. 

Realistically, if you cannot muster the strength and consciousness to leave a toxic relationship, you will never muster the strength and consciousness necessary for enlightenment.

It's sort of like you're complaining about being too winded from hiking up a local mountain trail, so you're hoping that by scaling Mt Everest you will then be able to hike your local mountain. Yes, that's technically true, but you see the problem with that logic, right?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh okay i think I understood your point. So you are saying if you can’t get the courage to leave a relationship, how would I get the courage to experience full on death? 

But lets say I could get the courage to leave the relationship if I put in the time, but I don’t want to spend the time working on my external circumstances, my “self” problems, as well as my self esteem, etc and just want to shoot for enlightenment directly. In that situation, I would still be able to get enlightened? I believe in my capabilities of developing courage but I guess I feel putting the time and effort to handle this relationship in the best way, doesn’t seem worth it. 

@zunnyman Sure, you could. Enlightenment has no prerequisites. It's there to be seen 24/7.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Enlightenment has no prerequisites. It's there to be seen 24/7.

Can someone explain this to me? Why isn't everyone already enlightened if enlightenment has "no prerequisites" ? 

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

If a job has no prerequisites, does that mean everyone is working that job?

Sorry! By everyone I meant the people who follow Leo and are invested in this self-actualized work. 

I'm pretty sure everyone (here) would like to be enlightened, no? 

Edited by Alii

55 minutes ago, Outer said:

@Leo Gura Then why can't I see it now?

It is simply the absence of the idea of you. And you are in the way of that.

See it now. There is no you reading this sentence. There is simply a sentence appearing.

It's like an optical illusion. You're simply looking at it the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is simply the absence of the idea of you. And you are in the way of that.

See it now. There is no you reading this sentence. There is simply a sentence appearing.

It's like an optical illusion. You're simply looking at it the wrong way.

I wish I can experience this without just intellectually understanding it. 

One day. One day indeed. xD

@zunnyman I don't see any problem with shooting straight for enlightenment. The toxic relationship problem should take care of itself.

It's not like one day you wake up and go, "Oh, shit! I have to leave my horrible relationship that I'm so dependent on RIGHT NOW! Otherwise I'll NEVER be enlightened. Oh no, the horror of this decision! And look, I have only two minutes to make this life altering decision that will determine my future!"

It's more like, as you slowly unravel yourself bit by boring bit, you just become less and less dependent, and the relationship (if it's toxic) will just die out. You will not cling to it. You will have the confidence to let go. And it will not be a problem.

The term "glass ceiling" makes it sound more dramatic than it is.

@Pallero haha I was thinking the exact same thing you said, its just that there was some doubt in my head and my mind gets me so paranoid sometimes, that I literally had to come on here to relieve my paranoia and get a confirmation of 100%. I guess I have a lot of fears and inner demons to work through. Wow just typing that made me remember leo saying the mind likes certainty, and enlightenment is about making you ok with uncertainty. Haha this journey is tough 

Oh yeah and that glass cieling thing freaked me out lol I was thinking fuck what if there are other potential things I don’t know about holding me back from raising my consciousness and even if I put in 10 hours/day in consciousness work I won’t get past the glass cieling because of some “self” problem or dysfunctional external circumstance. Good to know that enlightenment is there to be seen potentially at any moment and doesn’t have any pre-requisites.

It has no prerequisites, but the glass ceiling is still there.

You will only become so conscious by filling your life with unconscious things.

It's sort of like you're asking, "But can I earn a million dollars while I'm pissing my money away every day?"

Consciousness is not an attainment. Consciousness is something you do 24/7. So if you ain't being conscious, you are being unconscious.

In practice, people who are committed to an unconscious lifestyle will not become conscious no matter how much they train. Their training will not be genuine.

As you become more conscious you will come to critical decision points where you have to let go of old uncoscious stuff. And if you fail to let go, you will get stuck there until you do.

The hot air balloon will only go as high as how many weights you cut off.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@zunnyman Sure, you could. Enlightenment has no prerequisites. It's there to be seen 24/7.

There’s a theoretical scaffolding that one needs to develop before they can really sustainably raise their awareness though.  And that takes a lot of contemplation and awareness to build.  So, yes and no — Enlightenment is both right in front of you and not right in front of you at the same time, paradoxically.

Edited by Joseph Maynor