NoSelfSelf

INFJ personality type

18 posts in this topic

Today i found this interesting video on youtube 

it described me nicely :) does anyone else has this struggles or personality type if so share insights on what you do for a living,do you have real friends,do people understand you or you have tough time to express yourself etc..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I'm an INFP and 4 of my closest friends are the same. I don't know if this is a bad thing that I surround myself with people similar to me. Just find it hard to connect with other types I guess.

I am ALSO an INFJ and I would like to say a few things to you @NoSelfSelf , firstly. You're not alone. 

If you're feeling down, you know what your interests are, so spend more time along the lines of the things that you enjoy being around. 

For me, I love spending time alone, it gives me mental clarity, because when I am around people, I feel compelled to wear a mask over my Being, which I am waking up to is not authentic to me. 

Create a schedule that you want, and organize your room so that you can authentically communicate with yourself. For me, I have noticed that if I have more room organized, I can orient myself better outward, since I feel highly mis understood out in the world. (Now, I have accepted that I will go out only if I need to, not to waste any time doing unnecessary activities or social contact that is meaningless.)

Have you taken Leo's LP course? That should help you out a lot. We INFJ's are future oriented and love certain things in ways we can't explain, so spend more time with those things and DONT apologize for that! That is why you're unique :)

@sleeperstakes Thats good imo if you push eachother to be better...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@Sahil Pandit Tnx for longer reply...im doing and feeling what you are saying because it feels right :) i took the course but i have struggle to fix on one thing cuz it doesnt have strong of enough purpose or i dont want to master it...(i only found that in sport)...

It's you.

Now fight.

For me 24.is the biggest struggle, fitting in everywhere, but never truly fitting in anywhere. I'm still learning to navigate through that

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@NoSelfSelf I'm INFJ too. The reason I took a personality test in the first place was because of my social struggles. I would always get an awful headache each time I went to a party and get bored to death while everyone around me seemed to be enjoying their time so much because of that I thought there must be sth wrong with me and being that way was cool for myself but because others didn't get me I sort of wanted to find some good things about being this way and after I took the test I got so pleased with the result but since then I've become somewhat extroverted I don't have that much struggle anymore but still deep down I haven't changed. 

About friends I have quite a lot of them. Anyone I spend enough time with that they get to know me a bit better they usually stick around for a long time even when I don't want to be friends with them and clearly show that they still want to spend time with me anyway.When I do like someone and we become friends it will be the best friendship ever. I have a few friends I'm really close to and whenever we hang out we have the best time together but only if we are close enough.

I love medical field and being a researcher and that's what I like for a career but I'm sure I'll run some other businesses too. 

Edited by sarapr

Interesting you are so lucky to have those friends dont take them for granted(if you can) i also find that reasearching is something i enjoy...you still feel that awful feeling you get when you go outside and think to yourself  dont belonge here or it fades away with time?

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf I haven't gone to any parties in the last year. Why bother doing sth I don't like but regular social stuff that I can't avoid I've gotten more comfortable with.I don't use social media either. I have worked on my social skills I don't think if you don't take any action to deliberately solve them they would go away, it would only get worse.

I'm INFJ-T. I always have struggle fitting in. 

And yea tough time to express myself. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I might want to add a lot to this conversation. Can't find the video though. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

There's always this feeling that nobody understands me and struggle to make them understand. 

♡✸♡.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

There's always this feeling that nobody understands me and struggle to make them understand. 

I'm trying to post a video but I couldn't get it to work so I'll just drop the link instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMRCNgy6b78

Edited by Asayake

@Asayake it's almost like I wrote that song. 

♡✸♡.

1 minute ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Asayake it's almost like I wrote that song. 

My INFJ sister told me the same thing ^_^

Yea I gave up on “fitting in” a long time ago. I find it’s a lot more beneficial to go deep within yourself to find out who you truly are.

I feel like lots of solitude is important for us INFJs. Especially when discovering one’s self but also remember that there’s blessings in going out and interacting with others. Even if you feel misunderstood around them.

Besides, if you’re a true INFJ you’re quite different to most people. Of course you’re misunderstood. I mean hell, do you even understand yourself? That’s no easy feat.

I just do shit I enjoy like rock climbing, jui jitsu and spirituality. Then my community of friends/acquaintances naturally evolved out of those areas.

For work I’m currently a youth counselor at a psychiatric hospital but I was a personal trainer for about 5 years. For me the fulfillment is in helping other and having a vision/impact.

The game of survival cannot be won.