Afonso

The Letting Go Technique Explained

35 posts in this topic

I really appreciate this post.  I'm gonna print it out and study it carefully.  I need to do more work with the body, instead of being so top heavy with the mind all the time.  I am top heavy.  I need to balance out my enlightenment by doing more for the body-mind.

I have been using your technique for a few days now and it really does wonders.  So simple but so effective!  Thanks.

@Annetta I'm glad! If you want more insights I recommend checking the course The Sedona Method and/or the book Letting Go by David Hawkins. Know that you don't need though, it's just if you're interested in a conceptual framework to work on.

There are contractions that are so deep and painful that will take months or years to dissolve. I'm dissolving lots of them on the solar plexus (it seems the most affected area in my body). And I've been dissolving for months now and it's still very painful. I wish you guys courage and focus to keep on it!

Edited by Afonso

Thanks for sharing @Afonso ! I've been giving the technique a go, as well as @Azrael's 'Awakening Anchor #1'. What i'm finding very difficult, in both techniques, is the visualisation or creation of a past experience or memory. You say to 'think of something in your life that makes you uncomfortable'. Azrael says to 'visualize a moment in your life in which you experienced the current emotion very strongly'. Well, there have been many many times where i've experienced an emotion very strongly or felt incredibly uncomfortable, but I can't seem to 'recreate' any of them. I can remember the events or moments and where I was and what I was doing, but I can't bring up the emotions or feeling associated with them. I can't put myself back in my own shoes, so to speak. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

7 hours ago, Space said:

I can't put myself back in my own shoes, so to speak. 

Try describing the situation in more detail for yourself. When did it happen? What led to it? What time was it? How did it look like? How were you breathing? What did you hear? What did you smell? Get as close as you can and then work with that.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

When we feel the contraction is weaker or completely disappear does it mean I have destroyed that seed ?

I've been practicing this technique and I've had a lot of success with it.  

I like how you start with a tension in the body and then release that rather than looking at the mind to solve everything.

This kind of technique keeps us from getting too top heavy in this work.  Very good technique.

Indeed, this is the only way to Awakening, and key areas of the body centers. 

Joseph Maynor take notes hahaha

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

HI Alfonso, thanks for the technique ...i did the letting go technique of sedona method maybe ten years ago and after came to Eft and it was there that my biggest transformation of full emotional integration came when i came across the presence process of Michael Brown. by then I was in the sufi path for twenty years...but the presence process took me to a level of complete integration.Its not easy but its ones willingness how one can go...the main method used is the breathwork which is very powerful for emotional body integration. pls check it out. 

Thanks for introducing the above technique its the exact modality which i want to introduce to my students in the high school together with Eft. but i wanted to get the book to do the technique as above with the same sequence which you explained for eg when you say the ego is a contraction (we use the same terms in sufism) ...i dont see this terms explained in Dr Hawkings letting go book. thanks in advance.!

On 12/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, Thinh said:

Thank you @Afonso a lot. This is basically what you will be doing all the time in a vipassana retreat, I've been in a retreat once and from the time I wake up in the morning till I go to bed, all I have to do is this. This seem easy when you hear about it but when you practice it, it's fucking hard. I have to say it's really really powerful, I've doing it for about 6 months and I've feel small results in myself, imagine how it would be like if I can keep doing it for 5 years @@.

Btw, in your model "Energy in Motion => Resistance (Contraction) => Thoughts" I think it is a two way connection <=> because when you have a thought it also generate emotions in you.

I did vipassana as well and I kind of found that this is the total opposite in some regards. In vipassana, once you find the discomfort, you accept it's presence and refrain from trying to get rid of it and simply try to be indifferent about it. With this technique, you are doing the total opposite. You are finding the discomfort and are literally trying to make it go away.  But you're right about the "scanning" portion. I think me being familiar w/vipassana and knowing the technique was very helpful with this technique here