daniel695

can you recover from psychosis episode with out medication?

8 posts in this topic

my question is can you recover from psychosis episode with out medication. i have currently had 2 psychosis episode and had  2 ECT (Electro convulsive therapy) to bring me back to consciousness. during the episode i dont remember anything its almost like being in a dream state. i'm currently on medication and will soon go of them because their causing me pain.

if i have my next episode i want  to be left alone without any medication and let the process happen. i'm in a lot of fear and paranoia during it but its something i have to face head on. I definitely believe its possible and feel like i can recover from the episode without medication. i honestly believe it with all my heart that i can do it face my fear and get  over the fear of death.  

so once again has anyone recovered from psychosis without medication from an episode?

how long would it take? 

can it lead to enlightenment?

i am doing my own research, this is part of it.

Edited by daniel695

@daniel695 Hi Daniel, your quote got lost. Psychosis is a serious mental condition. I've never had one. Consult with professional for medical help, consult and use meditation. Read and use emotional healing guide here. You ought to love yourself as you are with all imperfections, strengths and weaknesses, illnesses etc.

@daniel695 I had a manic phase 2 years ago and because I didn't know it was one, I dealt with it for a month until I realized for myself I need professional help.

I'm happy that I was able to go through such a long period. Towards the end I had en ego death experience and a lot of insights that are still very important and relevant to me. But without medication to get me down, I'd probably lose my mind, hallucinate and by that maybe harm myself because of the loss of "reality".

The more episodes you have, the more likely you will have them in the future. This one was my first and last, because I'm taking care. Maybe in my 40s I'll be able to take small doses of psychedelics, without running the risk of an episode, to enhance my perspective. But for now, I have enough material to work through. 

So my opinion is, don't even let the episode begin. You can achieve so much just by working on yourself daily. If you did that, you can think about more extreme stuff.

I'm currently on 3 antipsychotics, 2 maximum dose and one medium dose. Try cutting gluten to see if it helps the psychosis, it made a huge difference for me.

When I first got ill i was semifunctional on only one AP. The doses got raised over the course of about 6 years until I cut gluten, haven't raised them even a tiny bit it in 1.5 years. 

But that's me, most people with psychosis won't find relief from it, I think its worth a shot though. 

If you're going to quit meds I'd suggest you do it with the guidance of a professional (I don't mean a psychiatrist) instead of isolating yourself.

You could look into the work of Sean Blackwell (bipolarorwakingup, he helps schizophrenics too I think) or Stan Grof.

Good luck!

Edited by Godex

Most likely not, I am personally coming out of a psychotic episode after over a year of trying (and I mean I put my all into this, my heart and soul) to cure myself without medication.  

Please don't trust the advice of people heavily into spirituality alone for solutions to these serious mental health issues, because too many think it is a cure all and it's not.  Psychosis isn't like depression or anxiety, it's more complicated and you may very well cause yourself a lot of unnecessary pain and fear by trying to go it alone.  Ask anyone here who's been around long enough to know me - facing the fear of death and paranoia will not cure a chemical imbalance in your brain.  Shadow work can relieve phobias, anxiety and depression, but not imbalances because psychotic symptoms are more often physical and not mental.  It would be like trying to grow a new arm after it has been chopped off using only meditation.  On top of this, if you are planning on going it alone, there will be no one there to help you reality check.

What I have learned personally is that you can have spiritual experiences while ill, but they can become confusing if psychotic - the nature of these experiences is often mystical and your mental state is not a prerequisite for these experiences, however...  You have to be in a strong state of mind to integrate what has been learned and apply it, and unfortunately psychosis is the antithesis of this.

20171119_225621.jpg

Spirituality, healthy food, exercise, a daily routine, meditation, medication, a sleeping schedule (this is a big one) will help.

Most people who have claimed that they have woken up and are cured from psychosis are either still sick or their fracturing of the ego is the result of trauma causing ptsd and or dissociation, and spirituality helped heal this part of them.  I am finding that the best medicine for those who have psychosis is to maintain a daily routine and start building on something that helps the brain to focus.  It isn't the fears and paranoia that need to be focused on so much as neuroplasticity.

Here is a course I bought on discernment, it is very helpful for working through these things, but please use it in conjunction with the things mentioned above and do not substitute your medication with spirituality.  If it is causing you problems, talk to your doctor or psychiatrist and tell them thoroughly what you are experiencing.

WeekOneDiscernment-1485723563689.pdf

WeekTwoDiscernment-1485723587182.pdf

WeekThreeDiscernment-1485723607408.pdf

WeekFourDiscernment-1485723628439.pdf

WeekFiveDiscernment-1485723648877.pdf

If bipolar, schizophrenia or psychotic depression then yes, it very well could be.

I would look into "Adaptogenic" Herbs but the body can heal itself completely with fasting although it is wiser to do a healthy diet/lifestyle for few months before to slowly eliminate toxins then fast to return the body to homeostasis. Detox > Fast = WIN

B R E A T H E