iTommy

600ug LSD Trip Report - What a fucked up mind.

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, honestly I am not really sure how to structure this properly since things seem scattered, but I’ll give it my best.

I mainly use psychedelics for self-“discovery”/self-inquiry and meditation. So yesterday, I felt that it would be a good day to start this journey. What maybe really sparked me to take LSD, was the fact that I felt more aware than on other days, so I hoped that I would go extra deep this day. My mood was good. I was alone sitting in my room. I had food, things to drink, relaxing music, my guitar and other stuff at hand so it would generally be a good experience.

I took LSD around 13:00, four tabs at first. I sat there being mindful (I am trying to be mindful 24/7 – started only recently), listening to music, Alan Watts etc. Time passes, probably 01:30h but nothing really noticeable changes perception wise. Sure I was overall a bit more aware, but I expected more. So, I took two more tabs and waited for the effects to come up.

Still, not really what I expected, but I decided to accept it for what it is and just started meditating. Meditation was alright – not much of a change but I decided to meditate for a bit over an hour, which was quite the enduring of pain. I usually meditate 30-40 minutes, if I do longer sits my leg will start to scream in pain. But this time, I was determined to accept the pain, notice it and continue. The pain got more and more noticeable, so in the end of the 1h+ I stood up and sat on the couch to meditate with music, and whilst having a more comfortable position for the legs. I think I sat there for 50 minutes while trying to be aware and just noticing stuff.

Then I opened my eyes, and started to self-inquire more deeply (I tend to do it a bit during meditation too using mainly awareness.) I think that I’ve had some insights, and man I’ve gotten to a state where I felt connected to everything. I wondered at first… “Ok, so you’re not this because this changes. “You’re not that because that also changes.” etc. and then it kinda hit me,

“What are you not?” – this I find difficult to phrase correctly, since it can be interpreted wrong. With, “What aren’t you?” I mean… what the hell are you not in current experience? x) Everything is you, so what aren’t you? How can anything be “not you”? So once I somehow had this train of thought feelings of being everything, or at least feeling that everything is connected came up. I noticed that feelings and thought aren’t me, at least not the core me that I am trying to become conscious of. I think the illusory ego tried to trick me here, in thinking that I’ve figured it out. It was so damn sneaky, that at times it seemed that I had to consciously think in order to have thought.

So… that’s where things slowly went out of hand.

I noticed that “the voice” or monkey mind started to become more aggressive. It was saying things like “Dude you saw through the illusion. Man, now I can say that I pierced through the truth. Now things will be much easier. Man, you don’t really feel that happy but maybe you’re enlightened now after all since the “real” you is not an emotion."

I was mindful here. I saw that yes it was quite the experience, but monkey mind still did its thing and there was no real peace/full acceptance at all anyhow, so I still had a way to go towards enlightenment.

It was probably around 22:00 (+-) and by this time I felt rather anxious and depressed, and monkey mind got louder and quite hostile. It turned from, “Well shit, I feel like I am everything, that’s so beautiful.” to, “You’re a fucking idiot, thinking you can get rid of me!? Why don’t you just give up already and fucking off yourself you worthless cowardly cu**? Thinking you can avoid and control me huh?”

It talked non-stop even when I tried to distract myself playing the guitar, watching videos etc. I finally decided to do my final meditation of the day, and oh man…

I sat down, the voice was still rambling but I just started to focus on my breathing and it slowly got a bit quieter. Well… what do when the voice tactic doesn’t work as good anymore? Yeah, let’s do closed-eye visuals. Here it went absolutely insane.

I saw the most gruesome shit you can imagine, constant images. It involved gore, tons of gore. People getting their throat slit, maggots coming out from open wounds, people getting tortured, me cutting my wrist with a knife, people getting raped and gored afterwards, “evil/demonic” faces in jump scare-style, people burning – eaten alive – self mutilation – getting their guts ripped out and so on…

I sat through it, but I think it’s safe to say that it was quite… not so that what I hoped for. This just goes to show how rotten and fucked up my mind is.

I would say it went from a relatively good experience to, “well let me tell & show you a few things m8”.

Even though it has been months since I tripped before that and the one before this was great, I think I might be better off staying away from psychedelics, at least for a while.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

You really need to learn how to detach from the Mind and from thoughts when on LSD.  Just let go of thoughts when they get sticky.  I’ve never explored closed-eye visuals, but I will next time — I’m gonna do a 5-strip (5 tabs) next Friday.   You did a pretty big dose — at least 6 tabs, no?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@iTommy Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. That’s terrible man. If my inquiry is unwanted just ignore it please, but you posted it so you seem open about talking about it. I have had many trips and never a bad one. I am wondering, how is (what I refer to as) your foundation? Like healthy aligned eating, not consuming toxins like smoking & alcholhol, daily meditation & exercise, educational reality & self inquiry....that kind of thing.?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You really need to learn how to detach from the Mind and from thoughts when on LSD.  Just let go of thoughts when they get sticky.

Easier said than done matey, especially on that high of a dose. Have any tips for that? I find that the more i try to let go, the more everything amplifies. I love acid though. I guess that makes me a junkie. Imagine my shame lol :P

@iTommy   Not to worry, I've had non-psychedelic nightmares like that -- though not lately -- so it can't just be the acid. There are some very dark hellish places that can be experienced, as no experience is precluded.  Jung theorized that there is such a collective 'shadow' of humanity, that like the individual shadow must also be integrated.  So such explorations and accounts of 'dark nights of the soul' are not uncommon on the spiritual journey, and may also serve their integral role.

Edited by snowleopard

Maybe that stuff was getting purified, the ego playing itself out.

I used to have stuff like that happen when i did do nothing but it eventually stopped.  

I think its all shadow that has to be loved and accepted, integrated.

Maybe make some art where you get to express al that stuff.  I once had a breakup and felt a lot of repressed anger, i wrote a poem about it and felt lots of energy release.

22 hours ago, iTommy said:

I sat through it, but I think it’s safe to say that it was quite… not so that what I hoped for. This just goes to show how rotten and fucked up my mind is.

I would say it went from a relatively good experience to, “well let me tell & show you a few things m8”.

Even though it has been months since I tripped before that and the one before this was great, I think I might be better off staying away from psychedelics, at least for a while.

Could it be that your ego is trying to prevent your awareness to grow?

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You really need to learn how to detach from the Mind and from thoughts when on LSD.  Just let go of thoughts when they get sticky.  I’ve never explored closed-eye visuals, but I will next time — I’m gonna do a 5-strip (5 tabs) next Friday.   You did a pretty big dose — at least 6 tabs, no?

I need to definitely detach more. I find it usually very easy to surrender (I mainly do high doses, since I again find it usually easy to let go and I tend to get more insights from them) , yet on this part where the mind started to brawl just surrendering didn't seem to do much, since there was a constant flow of negative input that I became aware of. It was tough to not try to control any of it, since thought wasn't the only thing that was there. But yea, six tabs on this one. 

Didn't you trip recently on LSD? Just be prepared that your body might have a higher tolerance now/next week. Well.... shouldn't be that much of a deal I think, 3 weeks to 1 months between trips is "ideal" when it comes to tolerance.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

@iTommy Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. That’s terrible man. If my inquiry is unwanted just ignore it please, but you posted it so you seem open about talking about it. I have had many trips and never a bad one. I am wondering, how is (what I refer to as) your foundation? Like healthy aligned eating, not consuming toxins like smoking & alcholhol, daily meditation & exercise, educational reality & self inquiry....that kind of thing.?

Hell, your input is always appreciated ;) I have to say that I don't really have a strong foundation. I don't really eat that healthy - still need to look into that topic. I don't smoke, I seldom drink. I meditate daily and do also self-inquiry daily (still have to make it seperate from meditation). But my main struggle would be depression/mental illness, at times it's crippling. I think if that was different, then the trip might have turned out better. I am guessing that the weak ego is trying its best to keep "me" from getting better/seeing through the illusion, and it does that using suicide/gore/death as its main weapon since I don't really mind dying (that much).

It surely would be a big + if I had a better foundation.

Edited by iTommy

55 minutes ago, krazzer said:

Could it be that your ego is trying to prevent your awareness to grow?

Yea, I am guessing it's fighting for its survival.

3 hours ago, nightrider1435 said:

Yeah it can be unsettling how much backlash the mind will throw at you once you see through the illusion. More hellish than I thought it would be.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/2328-mind-attacks-after-initial-seeing/#comment-22552

This might help you out.^

Haha, this pretty much sums it up. Thanks for sharing :)

13 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

How do you feel now, post-trip?

Also your stuff sounds kinda bunk

I don't think the gore is necessarily a bad sign, I've had that too. Use it to accept and embrace also the death and ugliness within life.  Let the film play, better conscious than unconscious.

I currently feel alright. The day after the trip was meh, it seemed that I wasn't able to stay mindful at all during the day. The mind just did its own thing, yet now it seems that I am able to be as mindful again as I was before.