BobbyLowell

Tell me about the positive personality traits you have

7 posts in this topic

I think my current positive trait is staying optimistic and focusing my awareness on what I have instead of what I don't have. For instance, one could say  that my family is messed up & toxic. A "normal" person my age would be freaking depressed by the circumstances I have gone through. (if I think about it, it's really not that bad.) I don't make myself a victim out of the situation. (thank you @Leo Gura for making a video about "victims" and the idea about unconditional happiness) I would think to myself, some people have it worst. At least I am not being raped or physically abused (hope this doesn't trigger people) or dying from starvation. I still have a roof above me and warm food at the dinner table. ^_^

In short, I "tried" to have an accurate perception of 'reality'

Edited by Study

@BobbyLowell Thats a very good topic because most of the time people are very focused on the negative traits of their Personality. This will increase

socially awkward behavior and inner conflict. But it is important for self actualization that you become conscious of both.

positive traits are:

Compassion

Couriosity

kindness

confidence

open mindedness

humor

sensitivity

clarity

self-assertion

charisma

i could go on all day long

@Melwyn please keep going. The reason I wanted to see what everyone's positive qualities were. Was because it's easy to get caught up in my vision of who I want to be and know my natural strengths. But I want to be more aware of others so I don't put myself above others. I want to know others visions so I can see that they are equal. Or that everyone's can be equal if we are all living u to our full potential. But that is an excellent point. That with self help that we are focused on our negative qualities, we view ourself as something that needs help, not just something that is amazing as it is, but needs to be improved . Or can be improved 

Edited by BobbyLowell

I'm doing this for my own practice, I've not been aware or contemplated my true strengths before: 

I am: 

Compassionate 

Open-minded

High empathy 

Good friend

Resilient (well at least, now I am. but is there an option but to be resilient?) 

Can be good at explaining things

Passionate about some topics 

Kind 

um, I like math 

“I” don’t have personality traits, they came with the organism/environment. The “i” or “thought” is just a process of that organism/environment. A process constituted by other processes, “thoughts”. 

?=?

?

I’m very well read and well traveled.

I’ve been kind of a loner all my life, but I am always working on improving myself with my time.  I’ve done a shit load of personal development.

ive always been kind of a fearless, original dude.

i examine all my beliefs for myself and don’t like to take anything on faith.

I like to help people improve their thinking.

I am a great researcher about the things I care about.

I have a desire to provide my unique perspective on issues that I care about.

Edited by Joseph Maynor