Lynnel

What are your best practices ?

13 posts in this topic

What are the things/practices/habits/behaviors/mindsets/books/ressources that gave you the most results in your life ?

The most counter-intuitive, simple or complex practices that worked in a 80/20 fashion.

Please be precise, such as this meditation technique or that yoga habit or that nutrition :)

@Nahm Be more precise ! :D

Aligned eating is too abstract :P Or even exercise.

Something along the lines of 15 minutes of jogging + 3 fruits every morning + nuts + 15 more minutes of swimming in the evening !

The answer need to be very concrete so people can benefit from them, everyone knows that exercising is a great thing already ;)

Disbelieving thoughts (nr.1 babyyyy)

Paying no attention to thoughts by focusing on breathing (beat my social anxiety\anxiety)

Contemplating and thinking about the truth

Meditating (didnt help me but gave me 2 very pleasant experiences)

deep work(high-intensity focus on a cognitive demanding task with zero distractions) it helps to learn things a lot quicker than it usually takes, learning how to learn effectively(things like active recall etc.)  execution productivity with routines and rituals and as a habit (i think it helps increase the chance of getting the same high quality in productivity every day) fully feel every emotion 24/7 with zero resistance, being able to delay gratification or face the obstacle even if its hard until you have what you had in mind at least that's some of them :)

Edited by BjarkeT

I do conscious priming every morning. Takes like 15 minutes but it's the best 15 minutes you could spend all day.

Basically it goes like this:

1) Breath of fire (3 minutes). Basically it's just extremely rapid breathing, around 2-3 per second.

2) Visualizing experiences or things I'm grateful for (3 minutes)

3) Visualize white, healing light coming down from the sky and into my body (1.5 minutes)

4) Visualize sending love energy to everyone (1.5 minutes)

5) Incantations (3 minutes)

6) Throw on some inspiring music and write down all goals I can think of as fast as possible (5 minutes)

What I love about this is that no matter what emotions I wake up to, I can guarantee I'll be in the right emotional state by the time I'm done. Then I'm off to do whatever I got to do.

Understanding some things about language, belief, thought, and reality.

Having a deep knowledge of classical self-help and knowing where to apply those tools.

Having a deep understanding of the Authentic-Self so I can align with it rather than oppose it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

No practice...

Every method is part of the movement and content of thought 

??

Meditate for 20 min ( the no bulshit way to meditate first video of leo about this) this has become an automatic habit i go to my room everyday at the same time, after practice i feel satisfied calm and more present

Reading I do read almot everyday for 1 hour these months usually about university, it is hard to explain I cannot forgive myself for not doing so when i can. No more tv football instead of reading ( my grades are better than last year)

Giving gratitude to god for uncountable good things from health to sun and nature, e.g I thank you god that I have such an amazing heart which pomps every second to make me live healthy thank you x3 times (learnt from book the power author of law of attraction). Just one simple example 

My first habit is going to bed at 9:00 PM. I wake up at 7:00 AM and run half a mile every morining. I do walking and have gotten into some mental triggers one being a clap that make me be more alert, engaged and confident. I also write 3 things that I’m thankful for every Saturday, as well as journal in the morning using the high performance habits format by Brendon Burchard. One of my favorite books is: Flow the Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

Edited by Ryan T