Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melwyn

How to increase Humor?

15 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Recently i am wondering more and more about my own sense of humor and as well what this skill means in general.

I discovered that if you are longer in melancholic or depressive emotional states it can happen that you lose touch with this beautiful skill.

I remember a time when it was really easy for me to be funny and to get in some kind of humorous flow. But nowadays it happens more often

that i am rigid and not relaxed enough to have fun or make fun.  I think one reason why you can´t be funny anymore is if you are to much in your head.

So I would like you to collect some insights with me. What is humor for you? Is there a certain mindset which can increase humor? How can you create funny Situations? :)

(sorry for my english i am not a native speaker)

Top-50-Funniest-Memes-Collection-meme-awesome.jpg

@Melwyn

There might be some internal blocks that are keeping you from being funny. Humor really is a natural thing, many people just can't let it out. If you don't meditate, I'd start that.

Also, take an improv comedy class! Many of my good friends told me that was a game changer for them. They felt funny for the first time in their life.

2 hours ago, aurum said:

There might be some internal blocks that are keeping you from being funny.

Yeah I really feel a certain resistance in myself which is blocking my natural flow.

Humor is an interesting thing. 

Some of the greatest comedians have been very depressed. 

Robin Williams killed himself and Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide. Jim Carey has dealt with depression in the past, so did John Cleese from Monty Python. 

Eminem he describes it well in that song I posted, the thing about hiding behind the tears of a clown.

Eminem he is like a comedian as well. That is what sets his lyrics apart. But at the same time his lyrics can be real acid as well. 

When I look at myself, my own sense of humor comes from a much darker place sometimes, like a more cynical and sarcastic worldview. Sometimes it's like my brain makes a lot of connections, it connect a lot of dots, that a lot of other people just don't. 

I think the inspiration for humor and comedy often has its roots in that much darker place, but it's an art to filter that darkness the right amount to make it sound funny. 

You should lose yourself in the moment so humour goes natural, and keep balance between alertness of the situation and chilled state

Also, I used to joke all the time and turn all my weaknesses and bad moments in life into joke and sarcasm

But this foolishing around has eventually stroke back, life eventually tells u  - man stop joking, see how miserable u are, u cant turn everything into joke otherwise u will suffer

so keep balance, joke but also grow. don't joke without self-development.

if u do both then hakuna matata is sustainable and best! :)

90% of my humor is sexual. So i'm really immature apparently.   

@Spiral (I was about to send you a sexual joke but never mind, I'll stay with today's concept:) )

FB_IMG_1514199997291.jpg

You will start to be funny when you start becoming genuine.
You become genuine by doing Shadow Work and Consciousness stuff (meditation, mindfulness),

If you do the stuff above, then you won't take yourself so seriously, also you don't care if you sound stupid (other opinions are irrelevant), which means you can practice without limitation.
Most people (especially girls) likes dude who are bold, so even when you aren't that funny, they will at least smile at you because they know you just don't care.

@Spiral DON'T DO IT, KEEP YOUR FLUID IN YOUR SACKS !

7AgwX6v.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

25 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@Sevi I wonder what those tissues are for:/ 

Tissues are for the ones who are existing:P and let's not get into what are their functionalitiesxD let's stay merry this morning:)

If you really want to be funny, you should make the most of what's around you; so that your humour feels natural and not contrived. You should adapt the way you think to give a slant, so that you become a funnier person in your own right, rather than to try to do an art that you're not ready for yet.

We all have abilities to do certain things, but we have to learn the techniques before we can become skilled at it.

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....