Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nima

Creating A New Language To Communicate More Optimised

12 posts in this topic

We can design and make a better language with these goals in mind:

-the espranto language doesnot fulfill our goals although we can learn some lesseons from its history or langauge

-minimum letters.

-100% regular

-even letters constracted based on regulation

-fully dynamic and can be changed over time based on community requirements

- minimum of words gives maximum of ideas

-the language prohibits none wise speeches by its nature

Edited by nima

Check out the work of Alfred Korzybski. He basically did just that and launched the field called General Semantics. His language addressed many deep flaws of other standard languages. Of course, it's not practical and no body seriously adopted it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What is esprano? What do you mean by 100% regular?

change a language to make what better ?

The way people speak or the way people think ? Language is more or less the reflection of the mind..

So change artificially a language is a kind of cosmetics.. Just superficial..

It occured to me recently that it is language itself that has led to our ability to conceptualise and describe abstract ideas and effectively create all the bullshit illusions that we are trying to undo with self-actualisation.

It would make an interesting exeriment to actually put a society together that has very limited or no language at all. Just like our ancestors.

When I see other sentient creatures they seem so at peace with the world just going about their business of survival and reproduction. Whereas we go about our business full of neurotic thoughts and assigning value and meaning to everything and consequently suffering when those values and meanings are not maintained or our threatened. All thanks to our wonderful aquisition of language to allow us to formulate such concepts in the first place.

I would go so far as to say that language is one of the prime causes of our suffering. Along with memory and a brain that can process abstract concepts.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@MartineF

19 hours ago, MartineF said:

change a language to make what better ?

The way people speak or the way people think ? Language is more or less the reflection of the mind..

So change artificially a language is a kind of cosmetics.. Just superficial..

People don't think better because it is difficult to think better by the current languages we have.

16 hours ago, FindingPeace said:

It occured to me recently that it is language itself that has led to our ability to conceptualise and describe abstract ideas and effectively create all the bullshit illusions that we are trying to undo with self-actualisation.

It would make an interesting exeriment to actually put a society together that has very limited or no language at all. Just like our ancestors.

When I see other sentient creatures they seem so at peace with the world just going about their business of survival and reproduction. Whereas we go about our business full of neurotic thoughts and assigning value and meaning to everything and consequently suffering when those values and meanings are not maintained or our threatened. All thanks to our wonderful aquisition of language to allow us to formulate such concepts in the first place.

I would go so far as to say that language is one of the prime causes of our suffering. Along with memory and a brain that can process abstract concepts.

@FindingPeace good points. these are parts of the problems I wanted to address.

Edited by nima

@nima you want the people to think "better".. What is a better thinking? Need a definition.

1 minute ago, MartineF said:

@nima you want the people to think "better".. What is a better thinking? Need a definition.

Why do we need language?  To Express our feelings ,Needs,Asks, thoughts ,to learn and to teach. 

In a word,To manipulate others.so we can create a new language or optimize the current language for

1-minimizing psychological harm and maximizing mental or spiritual benefits

2- optimizing the speed of expression and learning.  for instance using 'tis' instead of 'this'

-Removing unnecessary expressions and duplicate words.

-@FindingPeace has given some other benefits above your quote.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Check out the work of Alfred Korzybski. He basically did just that and launched the field called General Semantics. His language addressed many deep flaws of other standard languages. Of course, it's not practical and no body seriously adopted it.

@Leo Gura  I found his book science and sanity here http://lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~duchamp/Books&more/Neurosciences/Korzybski/%5BAlfred_Korzybski%5D_Science_and_Sanity_An_Introduc(BookFi.org).pdf

but I think his work is too complicated to be adopted. 

sorry it seems I'm living in an other world.. don't know what I could add