Viking

is isolation ok?

9 posts in this topic

My only interaction with people is during weekends a little bit with my family and during the week a tiny bit mostly through the phone for university homework assignments and so on. absolutely most of the time I dont interact with people. I feel great about it, I got used to it and I never feel lonely. Most of my time goes to studying and self development.

is that ok? my social skills are not great but not too bad. I cant imagine doing anything more worth the time than self development work like studying, contemplating, reading etc. Im aware that social interaction is included in self development but I feel like the things I do are more important. Maybe I lack the wisdom to understand otherwise, please enlighten me if so.

It depends on your goals. If you have no use for social skills, then why would you learn them? Yes, in the future that might change and you will need those skills, but because you have limited time you need to strategize and set the right priorities. 

I am not sure why you even ask this question if you don't feel lonely and believe that you are doing the right thing, but that's ok.

12 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I am not sure why you even ask this question if you don't feel lonely and believe that you are doing the right thing, but that's ok.

I do think that im doing the right thing but the mind is a tricky thing, I would like to get as many points of view on it as I can.

16 minutes ago, Vitamine Water said:

Isolation is not okay. Avoid it at all costs. 

why so?

43 minutes ago, Ilya said:

I feel great about it, I got used to it and I never feel lonely. Most of my time goes to studying and self development.

my social skills are not great I cant imagine doing anything more worth the time than self development work like studying, contemplating, reading etc. Im aware that social interaction is included in self development but I feel like the things I do are more important.

I mean, what exactly is your problem here? You're feeling good doing what you do, so it seems. Why seek justification? 

When you truly feel something is True for you, you don't need different opinions or point of views. Be confident about your views. The rest is just masturbation.

You're making things way too complicated in your head, my friend. The mind is only tricky when you make it tricky. 

The art is to look without looking 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Ego/thought implies isolation 

To see this fact with your whole being brings its own action, and in that action illumination ignites a passage out of that darkness and into the light. 

?

??

There-is-nothing-outside-of-yourself-that-can-ever-enable-you-to-get-better-stronger.jpg

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Yes.  As long as you are ok with it, that’s all that matters.  I am always doing something, so hanging out with people always basically distracts me.  I like people mostly, and I give them a lot of room to make mistakes — but I’m just always working on something or thinking about something.  I’m very rarely just shooting the shit with someone, although there are times in the day where I do that too.  But it’s minimized.  I used to think this isolation was an insecurity based on inferiority — and maybe it started out that way — but now it’s mostly just I have a very rich, inner life. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor