Charlotte

Meditation Benefits...

16 posts in this topic

So you start a Meditation habit. 

Around how long into it, with daily practice would you start seeing beneficial results? What would the results be? 

I have googled the benefits of meditation but I'm also interested in other people's personal opinions...

There are people who medidate for decades and are still fucked up.
There are people who meditate for a few weeks and become blissful.

It all depend if you meditate to become something (aka seeking), or if you meditate to (truly) let go (aka being).
Meditation is really easy, it's just being totally present whatever happens (outward or inward), it's not a "doing", it's just being what you are without any sense of identity/personality.

I would start with 20 minutes every day, then increasing the time by 10% every month.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Critical point when meditating is focusing on present moment instead of future. So don't focus on how meditation is going to change you in future, focus on how it affects you now by being in this moment. An eye opening book about this is Eckhart Tolle's power of now. I recommend reading it, it helps you to understand how living in future or past creates all the misery in your life and that there never is anything else than this moment. Future and past are just mind concepts.

I mean it can provide results quite quickly. If a complete newbie were to meditate for an hour, they would most likely gain some benefits already. But the habit builds it up and maybe 20 minutes is a good starting point. It's really the best thing you can do for yourself.

@Charlotte

Fast. After only a few months at half hour everyday, I had experiences of  deeper peace than I’d ever known in my life. That’s really just the start.

I would say that practical meditation only has one primary objective: moving your awareness outside of your head and into your body. And not just your body, but all sensations within your sensory field.

Being more keenly aware of external and internal stimuli is beneficial for many reasons: you learn how to better respond to your emotional reactions, you become more aware of your posture and stress points, and you become more present with people and the world around you.

Once you establish an awareness habit of at least 20 minutes a day, the results can be instantaneous. Your whole day can be one big awareness practice, and you can choose to be in this state at all times. Most people walking down the street are stuck in their heads and aren't really aware of what's going on around them. They're hunched over, seem disengaged, etc. People who are keen on awareness have a more present and natural feel to them.

I hope this helps Charlotte.

@Charlotte I think of med as the foundation of everything else. IMO, it’s not so much what comes directly from the med, but indirectly what I get to experience in my life, what I’m open to, what I can see, what I can feel, what I can learn, not to mention the trillion traps and triggers I don’t end up in. I don’t think there is a ceiling to meditation. The rabbit whole just keeps going. So awesome. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

After about a year of meditating for 1 hour per day you should start to see some profound results in your awareness.  That’s my experience.

I noticed that I've become much more calm, serene and aware.

and I just realized that I slowly let go all my stress, anxiety, anger, regrets, expectations and a lot of judgements. thanks for making me think about this, I wouldn't have realized it xD

whatever arises, love that

@Charlotte

Can you you stop the voice in your head?

What is it like when there is nothing in your mind?

What is that thing that is listening to this voice in your head?

Try to close your eyes and answer to these questions for yourself as precise as possible.

Meditation is making you mind more silent and clear. When your mind is silent and clear it feels great.

@Privet believe me I've self inquired maaaaany times. I actually had an enlightenment experience and ever since that day, the ego has been unbelievably stubborn, trying to pull me away from what I am seeking, I've persevered but it's 10x as hard. I can literally feel the resistance in my mind. 

Yes it does, it feels amazing.

@phoenix666 your welcome

35 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Privet believe me I've self inquired maaaaany times. I actually had an enlightenment experience and ever since that day, the ego has been unbelievably stubborn, trying to pull me away from what I am seeking, I've persevered but it's 10x as hard. I can literally feel the resistance in my mind. 

Yes it does, it feels amazing.

Of course, because it knows if you push a little harder it's the end for him :) 

God is love

And God in them

@Charlotte
Meditation has too many benefits to even be able to remember all of them.
It transforms all of your life the longer you do it, it leads you trough the areas you need to change in your life slowly but steadily, it is not just the meditation itself but how it changes your actions. You will start dissolving one addiction after another, will start becoming more healthy and healthy with your lifestyle and you will become more happy and loving towards your environment, will start dealing with all of your accumulated feelings which were repressed all of your life without you even noticing, it will start resolving traumas at some points. This is still just a tiny fragment of the benefits which are achieved indirectly trough meditation. Science itself is totally overwhelmed by the benefits of it, more and more different kinds of scientists start caring for those benefits be it psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, cardiologists.. the list goes on and on, the benefits are just beyond imagination.

Edited by LaucherJunge

meditation2.jpg

God is love

And God in them

@Charlotte

Sounds like you are trying to chase your own tale. A hand can't grab itself, it's impossible.

From my experience when you get your first glimpse of conciousness your mind starts to believe in enlightenment as some thing that you "get" like other things, which is actually totally opposite, you don't get it, you stop trying to get anything and it just happens, because the very tool that you use for seeking enlightenment is exactly what you are seeking for. What is persevering? What is that seeking tool? Who is seeking? Who is trying to become enlightened? Who is applying effort?

Also you say that your "ego" is stubborn and trying to pull "you" away from something. What do you believe "you" are? What do you believe the "ego" is? What is the difference between "you" and "ego"?

What did you do when you got enlightened?

Edited by Privet