Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DiddlyDoo

Ridding Social Anxiety

6 posts in this topic

Hey mates,

I’m a freshman D1 college runner and am at a good point in my life, however I feel like something that is really holding me back is my lack of confidence and social anxiety.

Especially around girls, I get very nervous and have virtually no confidence whatsoever. I’ve improved a lot over the past few months but feel like I’ve sort of reached a standstill. 

I also feel like I’m a little awkward to be around and want to reconnect with my younger days where I just didn’t care what people thought about me and I could act myself.

I’m thinking the best course of action is to look into psychedelics to use as a tool to help me figure out what’s going on. My brother who is a senior in college has tried them and described a trip as giving completely new start on life.

My question to you is how I should go about it... 

is there a way to have a initiate a certain trip that could give me these specific insights?

How should I incorporate what I discover into my life (specifically to get rid of anxiety)?

How could I make the changes last?

Should I try acid or shrooms? How much of a dose? With friends? Where? And how often is it  safe to trip?

I really appreciate any help,

Thanks so much bros.

-Mike

In my opinion you have 2 choices condition yourself to do the things and feel the emotions that makes you confident or get rid of the ego...psychadelics are just to show you whats possible...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I'm not by any means saying that psychedelics won't work because I've never taken them for personal development. But from MY experience with social anxiety is that the best thing to do is to expose yourself to social situations more. Try and find some opportunities to go outside of your comfort zone. I volunteer at a Buddhist retreat which means that I meet new people on a weekly basis from all over the world. I also offer to help out my friend with promotion jobs for his club events like selling tickets on the street etc. Find the opportunities, I'm sure there are plenty with you being at college. Put yourself in situations a few times a week.

Edited by Random User

Social anxiety is a phobia. There are no quick fixes for phobias. Psychadelics are risky and can often make thibgs worse. The only reliable solution to a phobia is gradual exposure. You just have to force yourself to socialize even tho it scares you, and gradualy get used to taking bigger and bigger social risks.

There are a few things you can do to reduce the feelings of anxiety and make the exposure easier. The main one is weight lifing. Especialy with heavy weights like powerlifting 5x5. Avoid high gi carbs and coffeine, stay hydrated at all times, drink green/herbal teas, practice progressive muscle relaxation. If the condition is severe medicine would be a better option than psychadelics for most people. Espessially a maoi like Nardil the "Gold standard" for treating social anxiety. I dont get the impression that your problems are that severe tho. 

Anyways, the only sustainable solution is exposure. Everything rlse is just tp aid your exposure. Good luck on your journey! 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I think the most important thing for you right now would be to start an hour a day daily meditation habit.  Do that for a year and see how that changes you.  You will be amazed.  How do I know?  Because I did it myself.

Psychedelics are just a tool in the personal development toolkit not a magic pill.  You need to be doing newbie personal development work right now.  You’re not gonna get a quick fix if your foundation isn’t properly layed.  Make a commitment to do this work for the long term.

Edited by Joseph Maynor