Joseph Maynor

What Do You Think of the Idea that Nothingness or Everything or the Universe is Alive And Has a Will

4 posts in this topic

Organic, alive, yes, seems obvious to me personally

But I would also assume the reason one would think there was Will is because it’s similar to the way we “thought” perceives. 

It kinda reminds me of the god made man in his image myth. Where actually it’s safe to say we made god in ours. 

There’s a pic of the brain cells and universe photo similarity somewhere on the web that makes that thought pop up when I see it. 

Rather cool movie plot I must say??

Every thing in our universe must have some sort of essence or energy holding it together it would seize to exist, in that sense you could say it’s all alive. I think it’s possible that everything and nothing has a “will”, but I believe that will is simply to be.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

I can't remember where i heard this, but one version of multiverse theory suggested that black holes create new universes, and these universes could inherit their parent universes properties to some extent. If the new universes laws allow new black holes to form and exist, they create new black holes, and the universes that dont support black holes, just die and dont reproduce. So universes could in fact be subjects of natural selection, thusly being alive :P But I dont give much weight to this idea, although it is interesting.