Peter Zemskov

Is it enough to mediate 5-10 minuetes every day?

24 posts in this topic

@Peter Zemskov

- Why do you think that adding more time will help you?

- How do you meditate exactly?

- What do you feel before, during and after meditation?

3 hours ago, Alex K said:

@Peter Zemskov

- Why do you think that adding more time will help you?

- How do you meditate exactly?

- What do you feel before, during and after meditation?

1) Because I meditate for just 5-10 minutes which I don't no if it's enough to get enlightened. But right now i'm thinking of getting rid of time completely.

2) I use "do nothing" technique 

3) Before meditation I feel a bit forced to meditate (but not much really), during meditation I feel pretty calm and peaceful (sometimes hiperanoyed because of ego backlashes) and after meditation I feel more concious.

@Peter Zemskov

15 hours ago, Peter Zemskov said:

Before meditation I feel a bit forced to meditate (but not much really)

It is only mildly uncomfortable for you because:

- you have some discipline installed through the year of training

- or/and it is just 5-10 minutes and it gets harder with each +5 minutes, especially when your legs fall asleep, ass, back, legs start to hurt like they are on fire, etc.

- or/and you have had some results nonetheless which you do not observe as they are still few

- or/and you have some "natural" affinity or lifestyle to accomodate practice (like being "logical" not "emotional" or have had a need to deal with difficult people to survive or have had truely loving upbringing etc.)

In all those cases, I would say it is wise:

- to keep the timer on before you're comfortable with 30 minutes of meditation daily for many months -> to keep up the outter discipline, not to overdo it.

- add 5 minutes and try for 2-4-8-... weeks, then add another 5, then another... In my experience 2-4 weeks of daily practice gives you answer if the level is sustainable.

P.S. I meditate 95% of time via "Do Nothing", for the last 1.5 years I barely missed a day. Currently I have rather meager "stats" of 80 minutes a day through the average  of 3-10 sessions, I'm years away from first awakening experience even, but my results are very good, I'm more and more monkylike )).

Edited by Alex K

12 hours ago, Shiva said:

Would you ask that question if you went to the gym for 5 minutes and still aren't ripped as hell?

But can meditation and reaching enlightenment be compared to a gym?