Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Did I rush through the green stage?!

8 posts in this topic

So basically I am mostly orange but the part of me about 10-20% may be yellow. I do not resonate with green much however I don’t dislike that stage. I understand it but it seems like I already see the meta over it. This is also thanks to @Leo Gura‘s videos. If not Leo I would most likely be stuck in an orange stage for very long. Now I see the reality as the very complex system. There are lesser and lesser whites and blacks for me. Is it possible to skip or at least go through green very quickly if there is an information overload? In the beginning of this year I became very compassionate and tried to share. I also tried to be vegan for 8 months. Maybe that was the phase when I went throught the green. But now, as a strategical and systems thinker (INTP) I see the world as more holistic place with the issues and problems which require holistic solutions.

Edited by egoless

no skipping.

By no means do I have perfect understanding of spiral dynamics but I wouldn't worry about specifically diagnosing exactly what stage you are at because it is very difficult to diagnose yourself as you have a tendency to put yourself higher on the scale.

Also, I'm sure that you understand that different parts of your psyche can reside in different stages of spiral dynamics.

According to what you're saying you are definitely inching your way into the yellow stage but you cannot skip stages...

It is very typical of an orange to mistake themselves as a yellow because they have similar self-centered mindsets, just like how it is easy for a green to mistake themselves as turquoise.

overall, no skipping, that's just not how it works and frankly, I don't think that it is very important to spend your time worrying about stuff like this

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M However, it is very important to understand where are you at. It will give you better big picture view on how to further develop yourself in other stages. By skipping I meant going through it very fast - not totally skipping it. As I said in the beginning of this year I was very compassionate and even tried veganism for 8 months.

Why are you against liberals?  You have some kind of block there.  You might want to sniff that out.  I’m not saying it’s negative, but it’s a rigidity that you should explore.  You are clinging to ideology.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You dont skip over stages, you integrate them.

A yellow thinker has green in them fully, as well as all the other stages.

Try enjoying green.  Its actually a cool stage to get stuck in.

In blue your mind is closed down.

In orange you are always striving for more.

In green... well... you see the love all around you.  

In my opinion the reason we want to pass green into yellow is because we want to grow further to help others, not because we dont enjoy that level.  

Here is a tip, if you can shift one perspective at a time. Meaning shift everything , your perception your values, completely forget about yourself and embody that new perspective of that other person, grown differently, socialized differently, sees different stuff when he opens his eyes ect. Its like get out of your box, and get into the other persons box. Not observe his box and the stuff in it from your own. If you are cognitively able to do so. it means that you have hit the green stage, or at least you have the antenna for it. 

And it means you have went yellow when you can embody multiple perspectives at the same time. Which also explains the paradox resolution. Before green its mono perspective, green is still mono, but can shift one at a time. Yellow is multi.

And one other thought. It is wise to observe how you react daily, when doing mundane stuff, talking to your mom, making breakfast, looking at the phone and the money that you just took out of your pocket.  That is when you can spot where you are at. What happens in your head.... Doing all this leo and personal development stuff can also be packed in a belief system, and a simple blue or red guy can think he has seen the truth and is way above the other. I have a friend that is quite a blue/orange guy that can see the systemic structure quite well. but it is only in the constrains of the same system, lets say, politics, economy, biology. Or at least between closely related systems. As we have said, yellow is multi-perspective and sees the connections between many different systems. Lets say between astronomy, physics, nutrition, and politics at the same time. Its has a way of thinking that would seem weird to other people, because yellow is validating/praising stuff and condemning it at the  same time, all the time.

How does gravity affect the development of human kind.
How does religion affect the pluming system.
How does your hygiene habits affect someones political views.

And vice versa.

These are very typical yellow everyday thoughts.

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

I distinctly recall moving from the Green Stage to the Yellow Stage.  I was at the Green Stage almost all my life.  When I hit the Yellow Stage, I became more about Personal Responsibility, and I became much more Libertarian in my political views.  Today, I am pretty a-political.  I don't identify with anything.  When you no longer cling to beliefs, political ideologies become much less of an interesting thing.  There's so much Ego in politics it's insane.  So, when I became Yellow, in many ways I became more conservative in my views -- but I was still liberal, if that makes sense.  I had totally dropped the victim mentality by Stage Yellow.  My view is that Stage Yellow is the first of the Enlightened Stages.  Turquoise is like the sustainable liberal.  And Coral is . . . .  I can't even speculate about what Coral is like.

Edited by Joseph Maynor