John Iverson

The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle

41 posts in this topic

It's good for starters. It doesn't scare you off and encourages to start a journey.

It's better than all Leo's videos put together. I recommend it for everyone to read.

If you like that one, i recommend reading some Rubert Spira afterwards! Those two have similiar tones in their speech :)

@molosku rupert spira is much more deeper , read ''the intimacy of all experience'' as a ''noob'' and maybe you will think non-duality is just some crazy stuff that only crazy people believe

48 minutes ago, ADD said:

It's better than all Leo's videos put together. I recommend it for everyone to read.

Really? Haha i'm excited to read it :D yayyy!!

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

It's good for starters. It doesn't scare you off and encourages to start a journey.

You have not seen the depth of this book. Re-read it

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Ether I would say the opposite. We are talking about your death here.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Dude, its not going to kill you, you are not going to heaven. You will still be here, on Earth when you reach enllightenment. The difference is that you will be happy. I dont know where you guys get those nonsensical ideas from.

@Ether It’s not an idea, when you have an experience of this yourself - even a very short one - you will know what I mean.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Max_V Dude, its not going to kill you, you are not going to heaven. You will still be here, on Earth when you reach enllightenment. The difference is that you will be happy. I dont know where you guys get those nonsensical ideas from.

Lol it's non-duality happiness would be just as groundless as sadness. trust me you should be scared.

It's good.  I enjoyed it.  I feel like the Now never changes.  That's really the most important insight in Metaphysics.  The Now does not change.  

40 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Dodo If it scares you, its not enlighhtenment

This is a projection. Where did I say it scares me? The comment was saying that the book is for starters, but it in fact is for starters, intermediate and advanced. You only need to go deeper into the teaching. Sometimes even read between the lines.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I've never read it; I'm waiting for the movie ... Oh wait, I am the movie ;)

Seriously, it's good you're checking out some ideas, and if that inspires deeper inquiry, then all the better.

30 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's good.  I enjoyed it.  I feel like the Now never changes.  That's really the most important insight in Metaphysics.  The Now does not change.  

So he also tackled there about metaphysical aspects? ???

4 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

I've never read it; I'm waiting for the movie ... Oh wait, I am the movie ;)

Seriously, it's good you're checking out some ideas, and if that inspires deeper inquiry, then all the better.

I don't think so when that become a movie it will same and deep as in the book. Unless the director, and producers and all the team is enlightened... or Eckart will be responsible for all  the scenes that will show there