sleeperstakes

Spiral Dynamics: Do Turquoises exist?

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mighty Mouse said:

The cool thing about infinite intelligence is that it knows exactly what you need and when you need it. Could be somneone needs to come face to face with a stage turquoise at some point, and if so, it will happen. No models required or even knowledge about the true nature or intent of the event.

"The universe is on a need-to-know basis, and for the most part we don't need to know." -- David Carse

It's what got you this far, in spite of yourself. You can't improve upon it, you can only obstruct it by holding on to the tiller.

Could also be that the models are the work of infinite intelligence trying to help people see the way.

God's training wheels.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ve said before that I think this video sums up Turquoise.  Follow that life purpose.  Plug up the Swiss cheese holes in your Maslow’s Pyramid.  Practice your Enlightenment work.  And maybe one day you will be so abundant that you can give love to reality very unconditionally.  It’s all about building your life so well and so authentically that you can be a conduit of love to the whole world.  That’s Turquoise.  See how high of a level this is?  And you guys are worried about Coral!  Live it, don’t just fantasize about it.  Use it to fascilitate your authentic growth, don’t let these ideas get in the way of that.  That’s my main point.  If you focus on honoring the Authentic-Self by maintaining keen-awareness of reality in the present moment, all things else will be added unto you.  Don’t try to chase these stages.  

Hmm, sorry, but I’m confused. I thought those videos and statements applied to the Yellow stage already. Would you mind explaining what makes Turquiose different from the Yellow stage, as well as explain it more concretely?

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

4 minutes ago, WaterfallMachine said:

Hmm, sorry, but I’m confused. I thought those videos and statements applied to the Yellow stage already. Would you mind explaining what makes Turquiose different from the Yellow stage? 

Did you watch the video “How to Change the World?”  A picture paints a thousand words.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Did you watch the video “How to Change the World?”

I’ve did so months ago, and still trying to put the actions in place. What’s confusing for me is how Yellow and Turquiose look too much of the same thing. If I need to emphasize one of the stages before the other, shouldn’t I be able to tell the difference?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

8 hours ago, Sunchild said:

It's all based on Ken Wilber's work.  In his original schema his Centaur (Vision/Logic) stage equates to Yellow and Turquoise (2nd Tier), while his 3rd tier stages were the Psychic [Coral it would seem], Subtle [Teal, I think...], Causal, and finally of course NonDual.

Why do you think that? The article you link to doesn't mention Spiral Dynamics at all. Who exactly picked up whose ideas in which works?

This post maps Ken Wilber's stages and Spiral Dynamics onto each other in a completely different way. Was yours anything other than a wild guess?

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It really helps to meet a Turquoise person face to face. It's a rather inspiring thing. Most people have never met such a person and don't even know such a person is possible.

Imagine, if you will, that you met Jesus face to face. That's what it's sorta like. Their presence alone awes you.

Well that would be nice too, but I'm mainly trying to learn about the theory here. What resources did you use to learn about Spiral Dynamics? 

12 hours ago, HII said:

Why do you think that? The article you link to doesn't mention Spiral Dynamics at all. Who exactly picked up whose ideas in which works?

This post maps Ken Wilber's stages and Spiral Dynamics onto each other in a completely different way. Was yours anything other than a wild guess?

Umm what?  I was simply showing one of Wilber's older models and how SD was mapped onto it later.  Why would you categorize it as a "wild guess"?  Said chart (or its like) is a virtual omnipresent feature of just about any older Wilber book-you can't miss it.

Do you people really not know what SD was originally based on?

Edited by Sunchild