The White Belt

Body always jolting

7 posts in this topic

Sometimes when I have a profound thought, or here a mystic or someone other say something profound, or when I meditate/contemplate, my torso suddenly jolts, very quickly, like a little electrical shock. Sometimes if it's a big one, my arms swing up too. It's totally out of my control.

Does anybody get this, or know what it is? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@The White Belt

Totally normal.

Here is an idea to contemplate.

In our body there are 2 types of energy. The flow of physical energy, that is a natural part of our physical body and is used so that our physical body functions, that it grows and renews itself. The second type of energy is the mind energy. This is an energetic system that's a sort of symbiotic and parasitic, that system is powered up by the physical energy of the human body.

It converts that energy and because of that it creates a lot of problems in our physical body, also a lot of health issues. So the mind  system gulps the life force out of our body.... the mind system utilizes every emotional reaction that we allow so that it can then accumulate those emotional energies in the parts of the body for later use and the most of that energy is stored in the legs and that's why a lot of people experience symptoms of restless legs, when muscles start to shrink. That's because it comes to the interaction between the physical energy and the mind energy and as a side effect it activates muscles to shrink/to flinch and unzip. So we have to be carefull with that, we have to be conscious about the negative effects the mind has on our physical body.

In a certain sense we can ease and prevent that with the start of internal transformation. The process of freeing ourselves from the mind system by being centered in this moment, in the here/now and second that we don't follow the thoughts that the mind activates as in a form of mental sounds, these are mostly unreal conflicting thoughts because of which the emotional reaction activates in our physical body.

Related sources:

~Valentin Rozman

Translated from Slovenian by me

@AleksM Thank you so much, man! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@AleksM awesome. 

@The White Belt On the physical side, let life go through you. Relax the body all the time till it’s the default, then relax deeper, all the time. Stomach breathing, all the time. Let what’s happening, in your total awareness, the whole room & every sound - flow through your whole body. No blockages at all. Not picking a thought and stopping it, not one, or any, all just happening and flowing through you. I had that same thing going on for a while. Not the Kung fu level you’re having to contend with, but still. (“The White Belt” ?...?).   I think the wisdom / profound thoughts you mentioned will come more frequently, and more deeply, and the jujitsu will stop, and eventually you’ll see profoundity in everything.       I thought I had to work on capacity as in, everyday, I was crying & laughing, joyfully,  but it got to a point that I needed to kinda say ok, still gotta maintain, you know? “Working on capacity” was blockage in it’self I found. Everything always flowing through you, through no you, no blockage at all, no resistence, I’m finding, that’s working great. I’m able to be more effective, with a higher vibe / flow state than before, without the waterworks. I think the waterworks, and the Taekwondo are categorically blockage / blockage reaction. ??✋✊?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks dude! 

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Not the Kung fu level you’re having to contend with, but still. (“The White Belt” ?...?).  

Hahaha. This comes from the philosophy of treating everything as if I were a total beginner. Always! 

Have you read 'Mastery'? Somewhere near the end of the book George Leonard details that the master and founder of Judo, who was the most advanced black belt in the sport, had people dress him in a white belt when he was dead in his coffin, because he knew that he was going to enter death as a total beginner. I love that! 

― Shunryu Suzuki

It’s normal.  For me it happens without any precipating cause, usually in the beginning of a sit.  I think it’s the Body-Mind becoming more integrated, that’s my working thesis.  The Mind likes to treat the Body like cargo most of the time, but when you meditate, awareness spills out into the Body and the Mind in equal measure, which causes a kind of re-integration process.  The Mind crowns itself and likes to break up reality into parts, but when you meditate the Mind has to adjust to the idea that it can’t slip that under you now the same way, because now you are watching everything keenly.