Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna Konstantaki

forgivemas

3 posts in this topic

1. Choose someone you want to forgive (parents, teachers, co-workers, boss, friends, relatives, significant others even strangers and of course yourself). Could be something old or new, severe and traumatic or rather unimportant and silly. 

2. Write what/why you want to forgive them or would like to forgive them or maybe even can´t forgive them yet or ever (If somebody happens to have written the same thing that you wanted to then just mark the username and say: same).

3. Look at what the others wrote. Try to see yourself in them (fear, judgement, hurt, lack of love, jealousy, shame, ignorance etc.)

DO NOT COMMENT anything.  Just let things go. Whatever they are, whatever the story of yours or someone else is and however deeply you think you understand it or not. Do not judge. Do not give attention to your own victimhood or other victims (even if it seems heartless). Do not give advice (even if your ego wants to tell you what a great idea that is).

Let´s go! Let´s see how far we can get this!

• I forgive myself for starting this thread and naively believing that people will use it.
  • I forgive myself in advance for giving away secrets, knowing that I will probably regret that.
  • I forgive myself for feeling uncomfortable and showing how vulnerable I am.
  • I forgive myself for putting me through emotional labour. 
  • I forgive myself for being selfish.
  • I forgive myself for being so attached to my story.
  • I forgive myself for thinking there is anyone who needs to be forgiven...
  • I forgive myself fearing someone might find this useless, neurotic or stupid. 

@Anna Konstantaki I’ll use this, thanks!

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus