Lauritz

Nothing But Perception Exists - Scientific Proof

4 posts in this topic

I found this experiment to be really interesting:

So far there seems to be no excepted theory that can conclusively explain the results of this experiment. 

This experiment is a pretty good indication that nothing exists outside of the now and outside of perceptions. 
All of reality comes into existence from the perceptions we have in this moment. 

What do you think?

Just thinking about an analogy to the Copenhagen interpretation, i.e. the collapse of infinite probabilities into what we perceive as a single final definite material reality.  For this thought experiment you'd need the following:  a TV transmitter, a TV set, an avid TV fan.

We tend to think that images "travel" as TV/radio waves from a TV transmitter through space indefinitely, until they are intercepted by a TV receiver/screen.

If so, how does the image "travel" from TV transmitter to screen?  What is its path in time/space?
Does the "image" exist at all between TV transmitter and screen?  If so, where is it located in time/space?
Where is the TV image generated, at the transmitter, screen, or our eyes?
What happens to the TV image if its not intercepted by a TV set, does it still exist in the universe?
And do these questions (where we are trying to pin a physical locality on non-physical information) make any sense?  (Where is the Internet's physical location?)

Analogously, the source of our "reality" is just information which doesn't manifest itself until its wave function is "intercepted" by our measurements - the screen of our perception.  We are that screen in which all reality manifests.  But trying to pin this down in terms of time and locality (source/path/destination) obfuscates reality.

There is no source, no path, no destination, not two.

@jse Lately a big shift in my awareness happened because I understood how space and time itself are properties/experiences that our mind/body-system creates out of this infinite singular reality. Just that time or space have different properties than lets say a physical object. Objects and space are actually so closely interdependent that this comparison might not be so good :D

The Copenhagen interpretation is really fascinating and actually makes a lot of sense. In my understanding this means that conscious experience defines reality. Even through time and independent of location.